What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x4 gorilla grow tent with 12” extension,Mars 4800 with an 8” in-line fan/carbon filter

ptp39

I’m growing Runtz and going into my third week of flowering. My problem is the stretch. Will they automatically stop stretching once they are to close? They were about 3-4 inches from touching the light. I raised the light but I can’t go any higher.

ptp39

Hope this helps?

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 67

ptp39

Thinning them out.

Attachments

• IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2640.jpeg
    IMG_2640.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36

ptp39

More photos

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2611.jpeg
    IMG_2611.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 71348315428__3357D15A-45F3-4592-9D61-3CC60FE59F4F.jpeg
    71348315428__3357D15A-45F3-4592-9D61-3CC60FE59F4F.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2633.jpeg
    IMG_2633.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2609.jpeg
    IMG_2609.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2602.jpeg
    IMG_2602.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 39

ptp39

I do need to make a correction. One is Runtz and the other is AK47 I think? I was debating between that and the Acapulco Gold. Seems like I went the AK but I’m old and forget sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

Gone Camping

I'm unfamiliar with Mars lighting, but it appears they suggest about 15" distance to canopy in flower. That said your plants don't look unhappy.

I assume you can dial down the intensity if you see bleaching, or stress. Another option would be to bend

those taller branches down.

I'm not much a light guru, and have just a few LED runs under my belt. Perhaps others will chime in as well..

Grow looks good however.

ptp39

I hope so. I can't really go any higher and bending is def out of the wuestion. Still have three weeks to go so crossing my fingers.

Ca++

A typical 8 week plant, will of slowed right down after 3 weeks of stretching, and pretty much stopped by 3.5 weeks. Some say it's 2.5 weeks of stretch, and feel the last week is the length of the flowers growing up.

You now know these plants, and lighting distance doesn't effect that timescale.
With this knowledge, and an idea of where you really wanted them to finish, you know what size to flower them at next time. About 40% of the finished size, perhaps.

That is looking very good, from someone that doesn't know the basics. Very good.

Last edited:

ptp39

A typical 8 week plant, will of slowed right down after 3 weeks of stretching, and pretty much stopped by 3.5 weeks. Some say it's 2.5 weeks of stretch, and feel the last week is the length of the flowers growing up.

You now know these plants, and lighting distance doesn't effect that timescale.
With this knowledge, and an idea of where you really wanted them to finish, you know what size to flower them at next time. About 40% of the finished size, perhaps.

That is looking very good, from someone that doesn't know the basics. Very good.
Should I be worried?

ptp39

I realized those were last weeks photos. So now they are headed into week six. I am still a bit worried about the tall ladies. There is no flexibility to bend at this stage plus they are getting top heavy and beginning to lean a bit as it is. They still look happy but who wouldn’t be a bit worried? I have never experienced light burn/stress as I have been using the old blue and red led’s for years. The MARS is my first real attempt at using this style of lights.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2658.jpeg
    IMG_2658.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 47

ptp39

After thinking it over for a few days. I think the reason they don’t have heat stress is because the 8” in Hurricane fan. By just using the layman’s method of holding my hand directly under the tallest cola. It’s not warm at all so that’s a plus. I’m not even running my accessory fans any longer. As for light stress I don’t have an answer. If I were to reduce my light will that effect my grow?

Ca++

It's not ideal, but I don't see it doing any harm right now.
Where these is damage, it looks like a range of underfeed signs. Like a generally low EC. Though I'm just racing through my notifications before work, so can't wait on my dial-up connection loading

ptp39

It's not ideal, but I don't see it doing any harm right now.
Where these is damage, it looks like a range of underfeed signs. Like a generally low EC. Though I'm just racing through my notifications before work, so can't wait on my dial-up connection loading
I generally water to runoff every third day. I transplanted to a larger grow bag for the flowering phase. I’m not familiar with the term EC? Am I missing something?

Ca++

I generally water to runoff every third day. I transplanted to a larger grow bag for the flowering phase. I’m not familiar with the term EC? Am I missing something?
Oh, your not feeding then, just compost and water?

EC is electrical conductivity. It's how we measure how much food is mixed in with the water. Pure water doesn't conduct, but feed does. The more feed, the more conductivity. Sometimes people will take this conductivity reading, and try to estimate how many parts per million are feed. Though it's needless and confusing, as it's not accurate, or the math universally agreed upon. However, I mention it as it may be familiar.

You don't actually need to be measuring, to be feeding though. So maybe you are? Most bottles give mixing directions that don't need you to confirm them. It's just handy. Especially with recirculating systems. Where you know they are taking feed that might need replacing, but have no means of knowing, unless you measure the conductivity.

So that aside, are you feeding?
Must be some massive bags down there, to support the growth potential of a pot plant. Most people end up feeding at some point, as the compost gets exhausted.

ptp39

Oh, your not feeding then, just compost and water?

EC is electrical conductivity. It's how we measure how much food is mixed in with the water. Pure water doesn't conduct, but feed does. The more feed, the more conductivity. Sometimes people will take this conductivity reading, and try to estimate how many parts per million are feed. Though it's needless and confusing, as it's not accurate, or the math universally agreed upon. However, I mention it as it may be familiar.

You don't actually need to be measuring, to be feeding though. So maybe you are? Most bottles give mixing directions that don't need you to confirm them. It's just handy. Especially with recirculating systems. Where you know they are taking feed that might need replacing, but have no means of knowing, unless you measure the conductivity.

So that aside, are you feeding?
Must be some massive bags down there, to support the growth potential of a pot plant. Most people end up feeding at some point, as the compost gets exhausted.
I transplanted from a 10 pound grow bag to a 25 pound grow bag with fresh compost for the flower phase. So I wouldn’t think it was a nutrient problem? I was originally going to wait till season change and move outside for the flowering but plans changed.

Latest posts

Latest posts