What's new

4x2 tent setup help

crazyb

trying to figure out what i can yield from a tent this size without venting the air to a window...i dont want to over do it but i need atleast 4oz every 70 or so days and i cant clone i just want to grow from fem seeds is this possible if so can someone help me decide on a good reasobly priced setup?

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
What is the height of that tent ?

Why can't you clone ? It's more easy than starting all over with seeds. It's very easy to keep a bonsai mom inside the flowering chamber in a small box (also used for cloning in perlite for exemple) and have a perpetual grow in the remaining space.

If you go SOG, with clones straight to 12/12, you can grow 16-20 single colas plants in that space.

crazyb

sounds good my problem is im a noob at cloning and kinda scared of trying it do u mean i should split the tent? i have not yet bought a tent but i dont wanna buy a bunch of stuff that wont work for me i live in a basement thats only cooled when im home and wood heat in winter stays cooler in winter not too hot but not cool in the summer without ac! i want to make this as easy as possible would i be better with smaller wattages and trying cloning or would i be better with autos and more wattage i just dont want the tent to get too hot it will be inside of my bedroom not in a closet i could vent to the other room but 1 wall is down in my house so eventually it will come back in i really dont wanna put it by a window because it would be in the middle where i couldnt hide from view also i cannot drill any holes in the foundation as its not my house i really wanna get the maximum yield in the smallest area it could be smaller or shorter the smaller the better any help would be appreciated and i thank you very much

crazyb

actually all the places to cut clones from and etc and how to keep the moms small etc i dont understand could i have space for more than 1 mom like for different strains and would this be ok for strains like sour diesel chemdawg #4 etc i really like they heavy hitting sativa strains
i wanna get this all underway but dont wanna spend too much before i see if i can maintain temps with my screwed up living arrangements

crazyb

also i tried once before and i am lost on how to do nutrients in dirt or hydro lol i have looked for hours but still dont understand it lol i have been looking into this for years i tried with the 400 good genetics and it looked beautiful but didnt get me high at all and after dried i lost all smell and taste it was like hay lol i suck at growing but i want ot get better and dont wanna buy the wrong stuff! also im on disability so the more funds i can save in this the better without sacraficing on yield

Phychotron

patience is a virtue, that hay flavor usually comes with buds that are picked too early, and you have more leaf than bud.

for nutrients in soil, it really depends on the soil, but you have to look at how your plants respond to the feeding. feed every 2-4 waterings with how they say on the bottle. Underfeeding is common with newbs and they think they're burning their plants and can't figure out whats wrong cause they stopped feeding and it just keeps getting worse...

That and the pH doesn't need to be adjusted for soil unless your trying to really dial in the system, and you know how the soil pH responds over time. Otherwise thats another source of failure for newbs, as its not a critical move to get the pH lowered exactly for soil.

you might look into some sort of perpetual SOG system if your going to keep multiple bonsai mom's. Take like 1-2 clones a week, harvest 1-2 plants a week... and many more all in various stages along the way. Or autoflowers if you want to go from seed to bud quickly. Lower yields than typical, 1/2-1oz per plant in about 70 days.

my preferred method on a budget is coco. I too am a medical patient and need to save as much money as possible. I use pure coco coir and the Canna coco and other nutrients. I also use blumats to water so that I can just mix a few gallons of nutrients every few days rather than try and water constantly. I adjust pH and check the levels at first, but then learn the formula and wing it. The coco is reusable, so with $200 I can get 2 years worth of coco, and don't have to haul bags of soils in and out of my apartment. The nutrient costs on the last run was $0.15 per gram with minimal physical effort on my part.

crazyb

hey thanks alot phychotron ok i guess im gonna have to do more research the worsth thing for me is are my temps going to be to high the way i have to vent do i have to use led i just want to use the easiest method i can so i can atleast try to sustain me and my girls supply

crazyb

Also is there a way to give rep on here id like to rep u both but not so savy on the forums of how to do everything yet

I would say the hay smell n taste is due to an improper dry and curing process.
I use to run 2x4. Ran 2 18gal totes made into a direct plant ebb n flow.
I started off like most newbies with to many plants thinking I would get more.
WRONG.
I ended up with going 2 I. Total. Lsting them to fill wall to wall and about 2-3' finished in height.
Average yield pending on strain was about 6-12 oz's
I cannot see you going 70 day grows from seed sorry. Good 4-6 weeks for the ladies to mature.
Venting is a must. You will either have to go out the window or out of the room. If you do not go out either. Heat may be an issue. Along with fresh air.
So then y would have to bring in fresh air from some where's n go direct with it into the tent.

I have been using coco for a bit now. Try it out. I prefer it over soil. And we'll hydroton as well
SB

Really wish I could edit my posts. Lol.

You can grow many ways but it always boils down to the few main rules.
Min lighting. 5000 Lu per sqft. For flower and 3000 Lu per sqft for veg.
Along with your venting. You will want to exchange your air 2-5 times a minute.
Go bigger with the fan to beagle to adjust along with a fan speed controller
(Duct booster fans) will not cut it nor do the proper job. Nor do they have the gumf to push/pull through a charcoal filter.
SB

you could pull 4 oz from a 250w hps no problem, and you would not need to vent it outside. a cheapo air cooled reflector exhausting into the room using a 2x2 tent should give you what you want. 2g smart pots are 8" inches wide, so you could get 9 plants under the 250. get another 2x2 tent to veg in and some cfls or a 2 foot t5 fixture.

learn to clone. don't waste your money on seeds over and over again. (that's just my 2 cents) if you are going to use small wattage lights, you need a compact strain so cloning is definitely a plus on that because you will be able to predict your early flower stretch.

here's a thread of mine where i used a 250w hps to flower. soma style box, which is not the highest yielding method, but still over 5 oz.

if you want simplicity in feeding your plants, to be kind to the earth, and have the cleanest herb possible, i would suggest organic soil.

here's a simple soil mixture that you can use, this is for 1.5 cubic feet of high quality

1 quart espoma "garden tone" variety
1 bag sweetened coconut (from the baking aisle at your local grocery store)
1 cup bone meal
1 cup oyster shell (you can get this in the chicken section at your local feed store)

now mix those ingredients into your soil, get it moist, and let it sit for a month to compost.

judging moisture content is very important with composting soils though. the perfect moisture content is at a measurement called "field capacity". here's a video that demonstrates how to find field capacity. it is a mushroom instructional video, but field capacity is best for all aerobic microbiology and there are a lot of videos on mushrooms. the description is from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in the video.

[youtube]gvfPmDofZek[/youtube]

crazyb

hey indianajones thanks for he great info i think 2 tents will be too large for me but i will have a look and do some thinking

crazyb

ok well what is the best light with the most power i can get by with in a bedroom in the summer thats only a/c sometimes mainly at night when i am here winter its cooler i want to vent in the house and maybe open a window in the winter a lil to bring in air during day crack window night run a/c is this possible? i want to have plenty to smoke i need the mosrt i can pull because id like to smoke with my and my girl and my brother when i have enough! i am trying to buy the stuff from amazon if possible and pay on my card i have a good amount of credit there any help would be appreciated

Phychotron

Run the lights at night when its cooler outside and easier to maintain your house temperatures. Your tent will need a fan sucking the air out of the top and blowing into the room its in, or out to another room in the house if its still too warm in that first room. If you keep a carbon filter at the top with a fan constantly on low it will eliminate pretty much all the smell, but the heat may need to be dealt with by speeding the fan up a bit.

For a 4x2 space you'll want about 3-400w(actual watts). 400w would put you at 50w/sq-ft, which is pretty high up there. Above ~30w/sq-ft is where you'll want to be.

The Advanced DS400 is the perfect shape for that size area, try and get a fixture that shape or two that are similar, but one would do. There is also the GrowBlu 240x3 that looks interesting, but they're out of stock. I have the DS400 and I love it, going to get either 2 or 3 more, but possibly get a GrowBlu 240x3 to compare. I think in your size area they're will not be much difference between the two, you wont need any more light. Not sure about any other brands, but stay away from the blackstar and other lower priced fixtures without getting some actual grow results.

crazyb

hey thanks alot so if i dont care about smell and run the fan right into the house how bad would it be i smoke in here 18 hours out of the day its always smoke up in the basement if i need the scrubber i will get one what would i need as far as fan or fan scrubber combo that i could get from amazon that would cool the whole tent sufficently being i would split in half and how would you go perpetual sog or? i wanna buy this stuff asap for seeds im thinging dr greenthumbs sourdiesel s1's its my fav strain

Latest posts

Latest posts