What's new

4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200Watts)

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
:lurk::lurk: Just read this thing the second time, tagged it also.

Got a first time aero my self, 16 day veg and now about 5 into 12/12

I cannot imagine the fight she put up in training, good thing this are nice and juicy stems.

Did ya break any or need to cut and get squirted with plant juice yet? LOL

Looking forward to more... gotta :Bolt:

420fied

:lurk::lurk: Just read this thing the second time, tagged it also.

Got a first time aero my self, 16 day veg and now about 5 into 12/12

I cannot imagine the fight she put up in training, good thing this are nice and juicy stems.

Did ya break any or need to cut and get squirted with plant juice yet? LOL

Looking forward to more... gotta :Bolt:

Surprisingly. throughout the entire training process I have broken only 3 tops. Thanks for your input. Stick around!

D

DjRightHooks

The outdoor plants get water from me. I walk it to them which isnt much of a problem. We get plenty of rain here too.

I'm flowering with Advanced Nutrients Conniesuer.

Started at 300........ now at 400. Will peak at 500..... then back off to 300 before I flush. I use R/O water.

The reason my PPM is low is because a friend used these nutes in the same setup and proved that you don't need to choke them....especially with these nutes.

This saves lots of money in the long run too. Your lights are what gives you weight.

thanks for the reply, i am familiar with AN, sounds like a plan to me!

420fied

Outdoor update #3:

Plant 1: You remember little plant 1 don't you? She looked like this the day I planted her.

p1close.jpg

Here she was this afternoon.

Top view

out25p2top.jpg

Side View

out25p2.jpg

Another top view

out25p2topclose.jpg

Here she is hidden. Can you spot her?

outp2hidden.jpg

Plant 2:

You remember sickly little plant 2 don't you? Here she was the day I planted her.

p2close.jpg

Here she is this afternoon:

Side View

out25p1.jpg

Top View

out25p1top.jpg

A shot to show more scale

out25p1far.jpg

I fed both with 30-10-10 Jack's Classic(2nd feeding since planted).... with a gallon of Distilled water each. They have been in the ground for exactly 27 days and are getting plenty of sunshine and rain. I havent actually measured them with a tape measurer, but I'm guessing each plant is 32-36 inches tall at this point....and that's conservative.

I'm certainly pleased with the way they look! Thoughts?

crtoker

Hi 420fied- I am visiting you thread for the first time. Began on page 1 to here and it has been a wonderous show, amigo. I think I could get to love those pipes. Your scrog skill are clearly apparent and impressive.

One question bro, how long do you think the plants could survive if the pump system broke down and you weren't around? Do you have some sort of alarm to alert you if there is a problem? This would probably be my main worry.

Your photos come across beautifully. Props for that. I will tag along for the rest to the trip .
Peace
crtoker

down in Tupelo

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
good point cr toker, i am back in the thread for the third time reading it. got a aero myself and was actually going to search that next

also questioning if you are weaving them in the screen or just keeping them tucked under?

Dödsknark

It's looking really good. Way impressed by your aero-canopy and your outdoor girls are, as you put it, a nice bonus. I am so ready to see them start budding! Oh yea

P

Purple_trees

great scrog and outdoor! I love aero growth rates but i dont think i would ever build a system again! i must say it isnt the easiest or cheapest thing to do. Great thread

420fied

Hi 420fied- I am visiting you thread for the first time. Began on page 1 to here and it has been a wonderous show, amigo. I think I could get to love those pipes. Your scrog skill are clearly apparent and impressive.

One question bro, how long do you think the plants could survive if the pump system broke down and you weren't around? Do you have some sort of alarm to alert you if there is a problem? This would probably be my main worry.

Your photos come across beautifully. Props for that. I will tag along for the rest to the trip .
Peace
crtoker

down in Tupelo

I'm not sure but reports say that they can last 3 hours or so. I do not have an alarm but I check the plants at least 10x a day so I stay on top of it. I also have end caps on my tubes which can be removed incase the pump fails. That way I can feed them with a spray bottle if necessary.

Thanks for stopping by.

420fied

good point cr toker, i am back in the thread for the third time reading it. got a aero myself and was actually going to search that next

also questioning if you are weaving them in the screen or just keeping them tucked under?

I tuck them. I've never weaved them.

420fied

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Here's an update on everything.

Plant 1 is at 45 inches

p145.jpg

Plant 2 is at 37 inches

p237.jpg

The indoor scrog is on day 28 of flower and doing fine

scrogday28.jpg

crtoker

420 Bro, I could kinda tell you were a very frequent visitor to the ladies.
Your outdoor is really taking off. Nice supplement for sure. Thanks for all the detailed info.
Staying tuned in.

crtoker

420fied

Nice grow, inside (wow) and out.

h :ying:

Thanks man.

Canopy at day 35.... just over 1/2 way there. They are sticky to the touch and the trich development is really starting to show.

day35flower.jpg

One of the tops

day35flowerbud.jpg

I'm going to water the outdoor ladies later today so I'll have a pic update then.

H

HippyJohnny

Wow!
Thanks for taking the time to record the show for us. Lots of great information and great pics.

How is the humidity in the room? Does the AC keep it manageable?

Would you take a close-up of one of those huge trunks at the base? It looks like they are almost as large as the opening for them.
Amazing growth you got going on.

Peace

420fied

Wow!
Thanks for taking the time to record the show for us. Lots of great information and great pics.

How is the humidity in the room? Does the AC keep it manageable?

Would you take a close-up of one of those huge trunks at the base? It looks like they are almost as large as the opening for them.
Amazing growth you got going on.

Peace

The AC can't do the job by itself so I added a 25 pint dehumidifier. The humidity is 45%.

Per your request, here's a base pic from 5 days ago. They are getting really big.

trunk.jpg

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Looking great! Especially those stems that are almost the size of the net pot :yoinks:

It looks like you are running 2x 600W over your scrog and the ladies look really happy. What are your thoughts on lowering the lights closer to the bud tops, or switching to a single 1000w, I think either of these options will give a lot more lumens. The generic HPS bulbs have 142K lumens for 1Kw and 92K lumens for 600w. Light power is not additive (i.e. 4 x 150W will come no where near 1 x 600w) and your scrog area is 20 - 25sq' one nice hood should be able to cover that area. Also the cost of an amazing 1kW and super cool new hood should seem like a super bargain when compared to the yield increase.

Thanks for bringing more good stuff to life :joint: