What's new

4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200Watts)

bambam

Been looking in on your grow bro and let me tell you NICE JOB! I use coco and DWC to grow but your first time results are making me think long and hard about this areo stuff. Growing fast! Cant wait to see some nugs shots 420fied.

420fied

Been looking in on your grow bro and let me tell you NICE JOB! I use coco and DWC to grow but your first time results are making me think long and hard about this areo stuff. Growing fast! Cant wait to see some nugs shots 420fied.

Thanks bro. If you go Aero, you'll never go back.

Nugs on the way!

420fied

Taken tonight....... The canopy is looking very healthy again.

day24better.jpg

420fied

i agree with you.These things are growing fast. I like what im seeing so far the system is working out great!One Question,do you think there will be alot of roots in the res come mid/end flower, because your still vegging correct?

u da man thanks 420fied and u know ill be checking back in

I'll be placing screen over the ends of the pipes inside the res to prevent the roots from gaining acces to the res. After further review, I am almost convinced that the roots laying in the res was the root of my lockout problem. Much moreso than the small ph error.

I planned to do it today but was too busy. I'll take pics when I do. For now the roots are simply picked up and shoved gently up inside the pipes.

To answer your question though; I believe that I will have plenty of room inside the 4 inch pipes to accomodate the roots throughout this grow even with the extended veg time due to the scrog.

smoke3

good luck on the aero setup i start building mine soon. I have experience with hydro so im hoping aero is no sweat hoping and praying. Im also adding co2 to mine so hopefully im in the plant God's good graces

420fied

As a little added bonus for both myself and you, I've decided to mini-journal my 1 man-2 plant outdoor grow. I've got 2 mothers that are about 18 inches tall and I'm going to put them out and see what happens. If they make it it'll be a nice bonus come harvest time.

Here's what we've got:

Remote and rugged countryside that's been logged...several hundred logging roads cut through the hills but no ATV travel and very light hunting pressure.

The sun is supposed to pop through tomorrow and if it does I will plant the girls and take pics for you guys.

loc1.jpg

hole1.jpg

loc2.jpg

countryside.jpg

The company that owns the propert is a timber company that owns THOUSANDS of acres in the area. They timber the land and then just sit on it. This is a perfect place to do this.
I'm not going to devote a lot of time to this grow. I'm gonna drop the girls and then check on them randomly and keep you posted....who knows what will happen though.

U

unta

looking good man. Nice outdoor too. Keep it up cannot wait to see how this one turns out.

420fied

The screen is starting to fill up fast. The plants showed roots exactly 30 days ago yet I'm going to have to make a decision soon. The screen is approaching 50%.

day30canopy.jpg

I don't really have any good closeup "attach to the screen" pics. At this point I'm simply trainig them along the underside of the net. I don't weave my scrogs like some. I keep the plant under the screen. When I have to make a severe bend or get an internode to a particular hole I will use twist ties but I'm not to that point yet.

day30posttrain.jpg

here isnt much light getting through the canopy at this point. Soon I'll start removing some of the fan leaves under the screen. I won't take bunches at a time but I will slowly but surely remove the growth under the screen.

day30underside.jpg

Room temp - 70
Res temp - 66
PH - 5.6
PPM - 600

D

DjRightHooks

awesome these things bounced back in how long a couple days? I like the scrog technique great work

420fied

Yes. After removing the roots from the res and adjusting the PH the plants improved immediately.

The canopy is very healthy.

420fied

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It was time to take some of the foliage under the net. It was a jungle and needed to be done.

jungle.jpg

After a 30 minute trim session things are actually starting to look like a real SCROG.

stalk.jpg

trimmed.jpg

profile.jpg

The canopy is getting large enough that I'm going to start running the other 600 watter next week.

I

idoreallytry

very nice ineed my friend,,,clean setup hope you meet all your goals,,,peace