What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

45-49 degrees F to cold?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I have clone plants that I'm thinking of putting outside to harden off for 3-4 days. weather calls for maybe a quarter inch of rain tomorrow. The temperatures highs the next 4 days range from 63-72 f during the day . The lows range from 45-49 degrees f. Will that be to cold for them? Id like to get them out before they get root bound. Thanks y'all

Betterhaff

Veteran
As long as there’s no frost or freeze they'll be OK. Won’t grow that fast at those low temps but I’m sure those are only temporary.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Thanks guys. Im wondering now about direct sunlight? They are on the side of the house and get early direct light for about 6 hours. I have a big poolside umbrella i could open so they don't get direct sunlight or should it even matter? They have been vegging under a 600 watt metal halide inside. Thanks again

It matters. Use that umbrella for shade. Let them harden abit before they get rained on. Funny but the cold would a been the least of my concerns

troutman

Seed Whore
Last year, I placed my garden plants on the North side on a house for a week before placing them directly in the Sun.
Plants go thru lots of stress if planted directly in the sunlight from indoors. This year, I hide my guerilla plants under
pine trees for a few days in the forest before exposing them to direct sunlight.

Rain will make sure no frost can happen. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts