What's new

440W PL-L stealth cab design

fatigues

Veteran
To be honest I've never seen a central vacuum unit in any big box hardware store and I've spent rather a lot of time wandering the aisles of hardware stores in recent years.

Then just go to a central vac specialty shop. I guarantee you that these parts exist and are available at retail nearby if you live in a city.

You can find these things online as well. Google 'em.

To be clear, this is thin wall, 2" OD, clear PVC pipe which has a slight blueish tint to it. It is NOT schedule 40 and it not compatible with Sched 40 plumbing fittings. It is designed to suck air, not carry water. 90 degree tight elbows are about $1.25 a piece. A multiplicity of other parts exist to assist you in building your manifolds.

MrAwder

No progress at the moment. Mainly due to a lack of immediate funds and my current grow is keeping me quite busy. Hand watering many 1L pots is not so fun. To be honest I am also waiting to see what comes of Anti's new design. His first one rocked so much that I figured it couldn't hurt to wait and see what he does this time around.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Heh. I was just popping by to see if there was any progress to be made here... and you're waiting on me!

Well, I'll begin building sometime around feb. Holidays and upcoming vacation are claiming all available funds at the moment. So I'm using the time to perfect and update my cab design ideas. I find that building them virtually (to scale) really helps me when it comes to actually building the thing in real life. I have found and fixed a lot of problems before cutting (or buying) any lumber this way.

Here's where I'm at at the moment:

400w CMH (HID bulb with similar lighting spectrum to CFL/PLL) w 4x55w vertical PLL in the corners.

Originally going with multiple vertical PLLs but I feel this will allow more unrestricted access to the plants for maintenance and watering.

Those are 1 gallon airpots in the pics.