What's new

420 denver

B

BrnCow

I think there was a thread of how some of those HT cup races could be bought...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks s2

i dont know which cup to be more stoked for to be honest

i think i like its all icers at the cup in a'dam. and not a commercial pace. just bragging rights. and how most judges are known members

med-man

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
hey TMB,

thanks man. the cup is only for private growers, not breeders or shops. so i dont see how what you are implying is relavent respectfully

time will tell. been given word snoop dogg will be getting a g or 2 of my gear. maybe a couple other heavies too. all in all a good campaign for the brand and our nation :)

med-man

Yeah, private growers. Who won last year?? Oh just Kyle kushman, who has been writing for high times for 20 years, who won first place hash? Oh just DNA, who pumps millions of dollars into advertising and events for high times each year.... Yeah I'm sure you'll place in the competition...

The recreational cup is even harder than medical cause it isn't broken down into indica/sativa/hybrid. It's your buds against everyone else's.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey tmb

cool. thanks for the info. i respect kyle a lot. mind you i have beat dna in the only comps we have entered together that i know of.

also. kyle is a wicked grower/breeder. so i am not surprised.

they will be testing for cbd as well. man the wcsd has tested as high as 7%cbd. 20%thc. so there are other angles. i have heard there are all very very low cbd all around.

wanna know the strories i have heard about me and ty the last 2 years in toronto? real judges do their best. dna has wicked stock as well. or they wouldnt have got where they are

i just really have fun with comps. all repsective opinions aside :)

send the bud good canadian vibes homie

med-man

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
I'm not saying anything about Kyle or DNA. I'm actually friends with all of them. I'm just giving the facts... I've smoked lots of herb from both parties. In fact, I've smoked all of Kyle's entries that have own and placed in the cups in the last year... Was on stage with him for one award even. I won't say they don't deserve to win, but none of them were my cup of tea. Even my favorite strain ever, that I've been smoking for 14 years and Kyle is solely responsible for my team having it that long, the strawberry cough, wasn't grown to my liking. I don't dig the way the "Veganic" stuff smokes. The potency is pretty great. I feel the flavor is lacking.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey tmb

thanks again for clarifying. i wasnt tyna condemn, complain or critisize.

i have the entry form.it pretty serious how they judge. and the point system to make it very hard to be bias. but, like you said, people know peoples stuff, and things could be effected.

as time goes by you will know i am a taste / effect / smell guy. plus the nutes i make/use are the worlds most cannabis specific, and it shows :)

time will tell on this one. i am looking forward to indisputable thc cbd testing they are doing

med-man

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
They have been doing a better job choosing labs, I'm happy about that. All numbers that came out from LA in feb seems completely legitimate. The gg#4 that won was only like 21% THC.

However, I was dabbing with one of the concentrate judges, showed him my buddy's oil that he entered, told him it was in his pack somewhere. 10 min later he takes out a dab and says "this one placed" but obviously wasn't labeled in his kit, and it was my boy's oil, what are the results... terpX wins 1st and second place. We talk to Jordan, the owner/extractor, he tells us both entries were identical. Grown by the same grower, processed by him, and then entered by two different dispensaries that they were distributed to, under two different names. He was baffled at how it was allowed to happen. And even looked confused on stage when he won.
2/3 judges confirmed that my boy's was fire and was supposed to place, the 3rd judge is Adam Ill. Dude from potcast that is close with HT and works with swerve, who has had major beef with my homie for calling him out for years.

So like I said, fucking politics dude. I've seen DNA and Reserva take first and second with the same exact batch of herb too. Happened in Amsterdam '11.

Glad you're coming down to the states and competing, but they lock this shit up. Only chance you have is if HT wants you to advertise. Cause their MO is giving an award to a small company to get them some notoriety, then they harp on you to buy booths and advertising. I've watched the cycle for 3 years now. this year is standard seed co, last year was loud seeds and archive Seedbank. The year before was rare dankness. You don't advertise or buy big booths, you don't win awards. Scott hasn't placed in a HT competition with his herb, under his name since feb '12. RD took 3rd with another grower's rugburn in Amsterdam '12. But that's it. You don't give them money, you don't continue to get awards. Any other wins have been grown from seed by customers entering the strains in competition.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey tmb

fare enuff man. i see that angle for sure.

in another sense, i know there is a lot of dudes who will cop shit from top shelf growers and call it there own too. so thats like reverse concern/issue.

its why i got into the a'dam icmag cup too. see what they have to say. i like how they do things. no charge, bragging rights, strict codes and unbias judging, imvho.

now if guys want to lie, or cheat, thats their karma. truthfulness, compassion and tolerance have kept me a cut above the rest :)

med-man

S

skeezo

I'm not saying anything about Kyle or DNA. I'm actually friends with all of them. I'm just giving the facts... I've smoked lots of herb from both parties. In fact, I've smoked all of Kyle's entries that have own and placed in the cups in the last year... Was on stage with him for one award even. I won't say they don't deserve to win, but none of them were my cup of tea. Even my favorite strain ever, that I've been smoking for 14 years and Kyle is solely responsible for my team having it that long, the strawberry cough, wasn't grown to my liking. I don't dig the way the "Veganic" stuff smokes. The potency is pretty great. I feel the flavor is lacking.

Big ups med mang!.. I'm down with those dewdz also.
I seen bruce banner crosses that are gonna win fo sho sho..

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
If I had something good right now I'd enter the ICmag cup. Smack between harvests for me right now. I agree with you there though. That one is the most transparent, fair cup there is. I wish you the best of luck in that one. Cause if you're a good grower and produce the best flowers, that comp will prove it. Having an open public spreadsheet of results is a genius idea. Big ups to gauis and the other dudes that handle that. If I wasn't working Denver, I'd be trying to get my ass to the dam for sure.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
werd TMB

giaus really holds it down. blind/arbitrary results are def where its at. i def wont say it was my best batch ever. but throwing out some bones to see where they lie :)

have fun there man (in den), i cant make it, but my brand can :)

med-man

Latest posts

Latest posts