What's new

400W Medicine Cupboard

indifferent

Veteran
The way i have set it up, only one although the two plants next to it will receive some UV too. With a bit of tweaking I could maybe get it to cover two plants.

For short flower, I have the Mango and Appalchia, they are 60-65 days at most.

For Medium, i have the ******'s Jack.

For long I have the Oaxacan.

Those are just what I have at the moment, my next experiment will have to come from among those, but I have a load of other stuff just started from seed and am picking up some next cuts soon hopefully.

indifferent

Veteran
Got up 8.30Am after best sleep I've had for ages.

Now it;s nearly 12 and I've been smoking the Jamaican since I got up.

Can hardly keep my eyes open, totally smashed.

So you could say it's quite potent! lol

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I was just perusing Ye Olde "UK clone and British bred strains" thread (which is getting far too long to find anything)....and looking at those pix of the KC S1 you recently posted....what struck me was the incredibly small number of pistils I could see....does it just not produce many...or are they hidden by the bulging calyces oozing resin? And is this a trait from the original cut, or just in that S1 cultivar?

Whatever...it's a fabulous plant.....

indifferent

Veteran
I think it's largely due to spraying for spider mites early on having killed off a few pistils.

That thread has gotten immense now, I agree it's hard to find anything specific in it!

Here's some shots of her just before I chooped her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
This new OGK X PA pheno (I'm calling it 'IED' at home :)) is at 59 days now, and looking quite exciting - I guess 7-10 days more probably. There's about 50/50 fresh or shrivelled pistils, and the resin is still building, but not at actual OGK levels - however, the buds are rock-hard, and the smell is very, very similar to the OGK, but with less of the coffee and more of the lemon pinesol, believe it or not. Maybe it took an outcross to bring it out?!

I'll save pics until it's harvested, but this definitely could be a more than adequate replacement for the original OGK, as long as the potency is retained. The lack of exaggerated stretch, tighter internodal length and cola formation, coupled with fairly low leaf/bud ratios all make it a very exciting prospect, especially for commercial types who find the OGK too daunting...;)

indifferent

Veteran
Very interesting, I am now sure you have the PA pheno as the PA was lemony. I expect it will be slightly less potent than the OG as I think mine was, but should still be adequate in that departement. I have just potted up a couple of rooted clones of my pheno and put a nice bushy well vegged one into flower, at some point one of use will have to run both phenos side by side. I still have the male I chose to keep as well so we could always work this line further. I already crossed the male to the female I have to make f2s and there are 4 seeds of the original F1 cross left. I think a friend may also have some of the F1s, I know I handed out a few more, i seem to remember there were 25 or 30 and I kept 15, of which I have grown 11.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's possible that a lot of the OGK intensity is down to the depth of the trich coverage, as with the KC - there's just so much good, potent resin in each inhale it can't help but get you very high! This is definitely lower, but then it's just as good as normal weed, just in comparison to the OGK it looks low...;)

I'm at a friend's right now, and he's just pulled out a KC bud that's been in his pocket in a plastic bag - it's as smooth and shiny as glass on both sides - looks like it's been varnished. So I put some in a cocktail spliff with some Thai and some squidgy black afghan - here goes! ;)

indifferent

Veteran
That sounds like some cocktail! My friend K who you met in the hills last year got to sample the KC S1 yesterday and he described the effect as 'sitting here on the couch feels like I'm floating on a lilo on the ocean' and 'concussive' and that was after the first joint. I had five more flavours of bud and oil for him to sample, so by the time I left he was rather mellow. Was essential medication as the day before he had been in a very nasty plane incident where the small private business jet he was on nearly crashed on approach to land. You know it's bad when the pilot gets off the plane looking white and promptly throws up on the tarmac, so he needed medicating heavily.

Pleased to say the taste and potency match the original KC mum, it's like a carbon copy really.

i expect you are correct on the resin theory, and probably the potency will be lower in the same degree as the resin is lower. My pheno compares quite well to the OG for resin, but I'm not sure if it's as potent and tasty, need to run it again before I get to know her properly. Yield of my pheno wasn't great but again, need to grow it more before I can say how well it can yield.

I think it might be interesting to work the OG x PA for a couple of gens to stabilise for the OG traits then cross a male to the KC.

indifferent

Veteran
It's official, that is now the 'Twiglet' pheno of KC! lol

A friend in Holland has just started 5 more KC S1s so there might be some other phenos to name before long, might get a 'cheesy wotsit' pheno or a 'bombay mix' pheno lmao.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
My mate said tonight he'd give me the remaining KC S1s he has, as he'll never grow them himself - he doesn't much like seed-growing..;)

indifferent

Veteran
Cool, be good to see how many other phenos there are. Mine only differed in minor ways really, the smoke is very similar, resin was the same, just one was leafier. I think the leafier one (twiglet) yields a tiny bit more too.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh man,,,,Twiglet looks like she yealds more:),,,,,,,,, seems good in the purple department compared to the other 1 too,,,,

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
hello my english friends.

Looking good Indi funky colours from this one Well done getting a pic nominated this month.

I cant say ive seen many strains with simular traits she is a bit odd but in a good way, how long flowering is she at in above pics?

l8tr

indifferent

Veteran
Hiya thc43, I didn't keep a note of the exact days but i think she was around 70-75.

The other one was more purple rick, when dried the buds looked dark purple till you broke them up as the purpling was only on the outside.

This is the other one:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
That Purple Twiglet KC does look very different Mr Indifferent, I am just wondering how many acres I would need to grow to get an ounce ? ... She does not look "yieldy" exactly .... I do hope someone gets an entry of this into the 420, it is the strain I most want to try out of all I have seen posted here.

Keep up the good work good people. :biggrin:

indifferent

Veteran
Yeah, she isn't yieldy, neither is the original, hence I'm going to hybridise it. I expect I can get a bigger yield out of her in coco as i did with the original, but it still wasn't a good yielder.

I know for a fact there will be some KC at the cup this year, whether it will be entered or not depends on a few things tho. I took a few g of the original with me last year and ojd tried it, said he liked the taste.

It will be very nice to be able to sit there while the American chappies are showing off their Kushes then whip out the KC and let them debate what it is until I tell em in the end, they are bound to think it's some sort of Kush! lol

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I reckon it'll stand up to any in terms of potency and overall dankness. Thankfully yield is low on most of those too, so it's not something we have to be ashamed about, and if it can be raised by careful outcrossing, that's cool. I'm vegging out a clone now for probably the last run of pure KC (if pure's the right word for an unknown mutt!).

Here's a silver bullet...;)

indifferent

Veteran
I remember that 'bullet' made a clonk when dropped on a glass table top, right?

Highland Oaxacan Gold, almost done, maybe a week left. This is day 30 of the UV exposure. Don't see any increased resin but she has grown more compact flowers than previously and has got a load of purple highlights, but I guess I'll not know what effect, if any, the UV has had until I smoke her. I am going to have to repeat this experiment with a control specimen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts