What's new

400W Cab - SSB indoor mix and their babies - Soil in European City

A

AdmiralRed

Well done, nice work! Looks like you are pretty handy with a camera as well. Love the pics!

AR

rafe

I was told that they are using all the nutes to bud and that causes the primary leaves to yellow. Makes since to me.

W

Wannabreed

Hey ty AdmiralRed, i used a dmc-fx3 to shot them, btw problem is about not flashing them too much or trichs give some unwanted disneyland effect :)

Rafe, In this diary i started a new setup (new soil, the "culvita" u see in first page) adding new plants every 2 weeks.
Didnt added an enought ph lowered water for the first set; had some lower leaves discoloration. Also had some violent deficiency (easy viewable in first set pics).
For second set i increased the default flowering Canna Flores + added PK when buds started to be enought large... ~35 Days maybe 40...
The third set is incoming, already started PK on them, there are 11 plants in 7.5 Liters/1.5 gallon pot, 4 in 4 L / 1Gallon pot, and 2 in another 1 gallon pot.
Since temperatures increased again (~29° / 84F) i would have to water then every 1-2 days, ~1/5 water excess everytime.
N deficiency at the end of flowering is a goal as i understood for a nice weed, will try to get it, but all this is not easy :/

Heres how im drying them, i protect them with plastic bag to avoid excess drying; I will shot macros of each once it's finished

S

strain_searcher

Nice job watch for mold with that plastic the more air the better.

W

Wannabreed

Hey strain_searcher yes, you right im paying attention, especially in very first days... But there is air circulation in there; bag is open at top and botton, anyway with the low humidity and high t° in my town actually without this bag they would dry in only few days (4 days...) and i wanna increase it at least a week (10 days but seems they will be dried before)

some more shots:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
very nice results! good luck drying them! :wave:

I started to feed my plants with lowered PH water 1 week ago. do you think i'll see some improvements? (I'm talking about little below 7 now/ was around 8)

W

Wannabreed

Hey exploziv_gbb i would take care to enswer you but im not a very very experienced grower :p ; depends of your base PH soil, if it's a 5.x ph one, maybe ph 7 is ok, if it's neutral one maybe 6 is better, also depends of your domestic water quality... mine have EC = 0.55 Ph ~8+ down to ~7+ after 48 hours. YES it's good idea to make tests, especially this because 8 seems a bit high ^^
What soil you use (composition, ph, etc... shot the pack ?)
So you will make a new diary for new season ?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
My soil (local brand I think, no point in uploading a pic of the pack) is 6.5 PH base, i reduced from near 8 to near 7, trying not to stress them. Now we are talking about my keepers (selected clones), so no point in making painfull experiments on them. based on their reaction to the new conditions I'll readjust the ph of the water.
Now I'm in a little vacation, maybe when I return I'll try to post some pics of my outdoor plants if I can. If not, almost sure I'll post pics on harvest time. After that we can talk about an other indoor, nothing sure by this moment.

Good luck and hope to see more of your big buds photos posted! Especially of purple ones.

W

Wannabreed

some more pics, now buds are in jar

take a look especially on this 1:

also the purple that was the last to dry:

Also note this small one that grew extremely slowly; i cutted the apex and then the grow exploded! lol what was wrong in this apex ?

W

Wannabreed

This pot had 4 seeds of various parents; ~45 days 12/12

this one have extremely longs petiols

This one is resinous and smell something special

They have been hurted by high temps ~30° celcius since 2 weeks now :(

Last edited:
W

Wannabreed

Re,

I got some plants left, got 30°++ here, it's hot, too hot, but lets show a bit the "found on the ground" seeds; 4 seeds from my own but dont know parents at all, it can be self, or P1 * P3 ... P2 * P4 ...etc... no idea!
They are ~50 days 12/12 flush will end in a week imo, maybe wait a bit more ?

W

Wannabreed

Back for new pics for the pleasure of pics; this pot contains 2 plantes that were the "trifoliate" i would say 3 petiols per node.
They are very différent as one (1) is most long flowering with intense green color while the other (2) is somethink like very dark purple.

(1) at right

(1) had long and uncontrolled stretch, very branchy, finally apex cut was done

(1) also broke (cf first pic), plant react

(1) Buds are young ^^

(2) will be cut in few days ??

:smile:

SvenB

Everything looks great man, what was the ice like for you, how many days of flowering before the chop?

W

Wannabreed

Hi SvenB :) The Ice smelt strong sherry, maybe the "sherry pheno" i read somewhere... Show better in hydro; is hydro plant ?
I would say a bit more sativa than indica. Flower 65+ in hydro 70+ in soil to have something mature. It's the "ice" i saw :)

W

Wannabreed

A little add since im happy about this: unknow seeds but parenty is "viewable"
i had
- P1 as a strong plant hard growing, hybrid, 70 days strong high/buzz, smelling chemicals. Much leaves.
- P3 that was purple, Indica 60 days maybe less, pistils dieing early, stony, smelling nothing special but hash.
- P4 Ice 70 days with sherry aroma

=> Had 2 plants in 1 pot (for unknow reason both had 3 petiols/node)

The smallest and purple tendancie is certainly P1 * P3:
Smell is chemical and it's purp, also the flowering is something like 60-65

The Larger and more long flowering is certainly P1 * Ice
Smell is clearly both chemical + ice very strange and very good like candies
Stretch was crasy due le long flowering imo 70 days ^^

Anyway it was funny to see the result of the parents

Last edited:
W

Wannabreed

update !

purple #2

Only the best germinate selected