What's new

400w bagseed+soil grow

siu 3d

Hi, long time reader, new poster here. I've just set up my perpetual flowering room, hoping to provide me with an awesome personal stash, and free me of the dealers and low quality bullshit product that has to be dealt with buying locally.

I've decided to run a 80x45x160 cm tent, 300cfm inline exhaust, cool tube, carbon scrubber and 400w HPS with a growlush magnetic ballast. Hoping to upgrade to a 400w CMH conversion bulb as soon as I source one locally. I will also be lining the inside of the tent with Foylon material (that crinkled mylar-foil on foam backing to hopefully prevent excess heat to the pvc interior..)

I plan to install a mixed flow fan, and better air filter as soon as budget permits.

The plants have been vegging 1week 24hrs>2 weeks 20/4>1 week 18/6>1 week 16/8. They're starting the first 12 hour dark cycle tonight. the 3 biggest plants were lst'ed from very young, and have been growing with shit tons of light as the 400 in a cool tube means I can get it very close, so are still very compact and bushy. The seed is bagseed, all taken out of an oz of good quality outdoor indica which I thouroughly enjoyed the buzz from. They're grown in 60% Potting soil / 40% Pumice and fed half doses of Growzilla- which I'm slowly phasing into Budzilla. (local nz brands) I don't like to make the plants miss out on nitrogen during the stretch, so I feed some vege nutes for the first 1-2 weeks of flower. There are also 4 non lst'd plants which were growing outside in 3.5 L planter bags, now indoors to flower. I'm hoping to eliminate the males and any weak looking females, as my room is FULL up at the moment.

Woah, apparently I really like to type. Anyways, enjoy some pictures of the past 5 weeks:)

day 3

30th feb

the day that 4 of the plants went outside to live

first day of lst

further lst

hope you enjoyed my thread!:watchplant:

siu 3d

So, I was looking today, and lo and behold, white hairs on the smallest of the outdoor plants. First plant to show sex- awesome sauce! I put a couple of boxes underneath her pot to get her to be at the level of the rest of the canopy. excited! :good:

Can't really see the hairs in that pic but I believe you anyways lol. ;)

Fucking great feeling to see those hairs, eh?

Peace

siu 3d

Looked into the tent today...

day 3 of flowering light, 2 females have appeared

And one suspect male. I've grown about 20 bagseed seeds and never gotten a male plant. several totally different sources of seeds and everything, just really good luck I think. So due to this, I haven't seen a male plant in person

Here's some pics of a couple of my plants from last year, for some reason, bagseed out of low quality bush weed ended up with bright pink pistils. Quite cool I thought.

cola:

dried:

And lastly, here's some of the bud I just scored, beautiful smelling citrusy-petrol smell, and really potent sativa buzz. It's great, I just wish I could get a cutting of it!

(Slide by Dom @ www.showmeglass.com)

siu 3d

Hey, if anyone is actually reading this journal can you please let me know, and I'll keep updating. Anyone? Also, if possible could a mod/admin move it to the grow journals category?

I just want to know I'm not writing this for just my own amusement

here's 11th march 2010 - day 8 of flower.
picture.php

5 Females, two of the LST'd plants havn't shown sex yet. while training it, I accidentally broke one of the biggest stems of one of the unknown ones, which had the effect of topping it the branch... but not too happy cos it's during flower. the 4 smaller plants are already shooting out hairs all over, hoping for some nice lollipop buds come harvest time!
check it out:
picture.php

siu 3d

Just checked today, all but one of the plants has shown sex now... and all female. I don't know how this keeps happening. These were just bagseed from slightly above average outdoor bud. Can feminized plants pass on feminized genes if they're pollinated? or can anyone think of a reason why so many of these plants are female?

siu 3d

day 12 of flower... The last plant to show sex, just grew shemale bits!

Finally, I can make some space for the others. I also accidentally broke the main stem of one of the LST'd plants (I know, that's two now, what a clumsy ****). Fortunately, it's held together by maybe a 3rd of the branch still, and 2 day later, looks to be healing up :O

here's some pics too :)
picture.php

the most developed of the smaller plants, beginning to put on a reasonable amount of mass, though still not much in the way of trich development or smell... Guess I have to wait longer!
picture.php

siu 3d

some clones, and the last 4 seeds from the same bag
picture.php

Just tied down the plants and trimmed away some of the fan leaf growth that I couldn't tuck under the ties. I've exposed a few more bud sites hopefully upping my yeild some more :) I'll get pics tomorrow.

The broken stemmed plant is recovering, though the main top isn't looking too happy. does anyone have suggestions on how to help a plant recover from a semi snapped cola stem? The top growth looks alive, though a little droopy, but it's still alive, is it worth me leaving it attached, or would I be better off cutting it off completely, so the plant can focus on other growth. I'm worried about stress, do you think this much damage would be likely to get a plant to turn hermie? Here's an (albeit bad) photo of the damage yesterday:
picture.php

siu 3d

Some new recent pics, some trimming of undergrowth has been done on all plants. everything's getting buds appearing a lot bigger, and the main shoot on the broken plant is recovering well...

My main issue now, is that I don't know where to find a 400 watt CMH/hps ballast lamp. any help would be appreciated! That and I still need to build a proper carbon filter, though Neutradol works amazingly well!

The plants after training yesterday. Had to re-ty them this morning and then again in the eve, that's how fast they grow! (and I am rather attentive in making sure they get as many bud sites as possible.

picture.php

picture.php

yesterday:
picture.php

today:
picture.php
all the clones... White Rhino off my outdoor plants (yipee!) rooting in the back left, anyone know what a re-re vegged clone behaves like? Not a hermi trait to be found from this mother btw.

and.. 2 colas:
picture.php
picture.php

...both plants are looking pretty thirsty in the pics!

siu 3d

a couple cola shots...
picture.php

picture.php

And can anyone offer any advice of what might be wrong with this this plant? It's somewhat behind the others, and I noticed the curled down leaves about 2 days ago. I just flushed with tap water, and re-dosed with nutes. Would the small pot have anything to do with it?
picture.php

siu 3d

@Amithia420: Thanks :), NZ bag seed is some of the best, we have some amazing outdoor genetics just waiting to be found, even grown out of what Americans would call "mids" at best, I've had really stinky, colourful phenos.

NZ Green is known to be some of the most potent outdoor bud in the world, thanks to the climate and intensely strong sunlight during summer - the hole in ozone layer above us probably helps too... (at least there's one thing it's good for, apart from sunburn)

too much N.

Hmm, okay, well it's been flushed, and had a half dose of flowering nutes (30-30-70). In fact, all of the plants were flushed in the sink till runoff was clear, and then dosed with half doses, and in the cases of the bigger lst'd plants, 3/4 dose (they seem a lot hungrier)

I'm always a little worried about my tap water, it's around pH 7.5-8. Is that too high to be acceptable? I live in an old house, so the pipes probably have a fair bit of salt buildup too. The nutes always bring the pH down to acceptable levels, but I don't have an EC meter, or any pH measuring apparatus other than test drops, so it's difficult to get the important info.

I'm planning on getting a combined pH/EC/PPM meter when I set up hydro... Hopefully get at least one dwc scrog bucket going in my setup soon!

In the mean time... more bud pr0n!
picture.php

edit: Hit the morning 4:20! :woohoo:

siu 3d

just some photos for today-

The canopy. raised up the lst'd plants about 15 cm up, so all heads are within 30 cm of the tube. They're really frosting up quick, how long do you guys estimate they'll take from here until harvest?
picture.php

Tied down-
picture.php

Tastiest looking cola as of yet-
picture.php