What's new

400hps+400mh+400hps - Vertical light stack spacing?

G

This is for vertical cylinder grow. Anybody know the proper spacing for a 1200 watt light stack 400hps+400mh+400hps. A screen will be placed at a radius of 12 inches around the light stack.

G

i don't have experience with vert systems, and this doesn't asnwer your question, so hope u don't feel im wastin your time but....

consider placing your screen a little farther back just so the buds don't block light from each other and you don't risk any large buds growing straight into the cooltube (im assuming you're cooltubing it). just MHO on the whole thing. as far as light placement, how tall were you willing to go overall with the screen? If you're willing to go 8ish feet tall, id say put the first light 1.5 feet off the ground, then the mh will go 2 feet away from that, then the last hps will go 2 feet above that. I mention the different spacing bc you'll have light overlap where the mh and hps meet, which im pretty sure you're planning on.
you want to elaborate more on the vertical system you're building/using?
my advice might be totally off if i assumed the wrong system. defintiely get more input on the light spacing cause like i said, im by no means an expert on that part. but if you haven't done a scrog grow with 400's, check into some others and see what size buds they're getting

G

irishSoCo said:
i don't have experience with vert systems, and this doesn't asnwer your question, so hope u don't feel im wastin your time

Not wasting any time, I'm happy to elaborate.

Due to limited sq.footage, I'm setting up a cylinder grow similar to the "cage". The screen is to keep vegetation away from the light and yes I am using a cool tube.

I'm just hoping to get the bulb spacing right so I will get an even canopy. Also would like to know the to overall height of illumination. Ive looked for this info wish there was a vertical limits here at ic.

Is this guidline close:

bulb tip

24??"(distance)

bulb tip

24??"(distance)

bulb tip

24"

Floor

and the total height this type of light stack would illuminate well.

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Captain Obvious said:
Is this guidline close:

bulb tip

24??"(distance)

bulb tip

24??"(distance)

bulb tip

24"

Floor

and the total height this type of light stack would illuminate well.

That's about what I was thinking would be ideal...maybe go with 18" spacing (from socket to socket) between them with a 24" section at the bottom.