What's new

4000w, 30 plants, Purple Diesel & White Russian

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
this cross. i have lots of other tga though...i and i blew out the querkle on the previous run...talk about some tasty fucking pot

E

ekomsi

Roots growing out the bottom of smartpots is normal, they would grow out the sides but the air prunes the roots, where as roots can grow out the bottom of the smartpots becuase there is less air. This is my assumption nothing scientific. I cant wait to see this room in full on flower, good luck

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

TBH, I've grown in smartpots (or something similar) for the past couple years, and I've not once had the poker effect. I finger I'm probably not exactly dialed in on the container size, ..

Looks killer in here!

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
this cross. i have lots of other tga though...i and i blew out the querkle on the previous run...talk about some tasty fucking pot

Ahh I see. I've smoked the finish product of a few TGA strains, Querkle being the winner thus far but anything Ive seen from TGA has been fabulous.

Roots growing out the bottom of smartpots is normal, they would grow out the sides but the air prunes the roots, where as roots can grow out the bottom of the smartpots becuase there is less air. This is my assumption nothing scientific. I cant wait to see this room in full on flower, good luck

Pretty much my assumption at this point. Thanks for the input. Cant wait to see it myself! Have had a growth explosion in the last few days and I'm heavily weighing on flipping this weekend.

:yeahthats

TBH, I've grown in smartpots (or something similar) for the past couple years, and I've not once had the poker effect. I finger I'm probably not exactly dialed in on the container size, ..

Looks killer in here!

What size smartpots (or something similar) do you normally use? Right now mine are in 5gal and thats a little on the large side for the size of plants.

Thank you! And thanks for lookin.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
And you've never had roots busting through the bottoms? I suppose thats what you mean by the poker effect.... ;)

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Maybe it's something that's somewhat brand specific? Unless you've used the SmartPot brand before...

I transplanted these plants from 1gal plastic nursery pots to 5gal smartpots about 2 weeks ago.

I'm pretty curious why yours don't do this.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
PM has arrived.... but not without short notice. RH has been up in the room due to lower OD temps, which lead to less a/c runtime, resulting in a lack of humidity removal. I was well aware of the elevated RH.... and had been meaning to go pick up the dehuey.... Luckily I've only detected it on this one leaf.

:shucks:

ALL IS LOST!!! :cry:

Or, how 'bout I go mix up a batch of GreenCure and lower my RH.... Sounds like a plan.

Week 7 veg pics later. I may go all the way to 8 weeks veg... thinking about giving them one final pruning today, let them recover this week, and then prepare for stretch! I will be laying a trellis across both rows of plants, and my canopy level is currently about 3" below where I can easily mount the trellis. Should work out pretty well.

Thanks to any and everybody riding along!

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Here is the ladies at 49 days veg. Awesome growth over the last 4 days. Gave them what is likely to be their final veg feeding of PureBlend Pro Grow + additives. Which by the way this is my first run with this nutrient line from Botanicare, and I can't say I have anything negative report thus far into the grow. Basically have been doing weekly full strength feeds since week 3ish, while topping off the reservoir with fresh water throughout the week. Safe to say the ladies are all now well established in their 5gal smartpots and lovin' life!

White Russian...

Purple Diesel...

One thing I am glad to see is good canopy penetration at this point despite the long veg time... the growth pattern of both strains combined with the trimming/training has kept everything in bush form, with nice sturdy branches and very tight node spacing. I'm unsure of the stretch on both strains, so we shall see what the future brings...

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
looking good...greencure works gr8! Luv that stuff. Mine are in 5 and 7 gallon smarties with roots poking out..pots seem to prune roots and shit keeps growing NICE!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
looking forward to seeing that purple diesel finish out! iv run her outdoor for years and shes always a beauty, best wishes with your round :joint:

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Good news! Flipping to 12/12 tomorrow! :dance013:

But, a quick note.

So I've gotten my RH down, no signs of PM at this time. Sulphur burner should be arriving around Wednesday and I will be treating with GreenCure again before then. Which brings up a slightly negative point - at the first sign of PM I treated with GreenCure at 2 tbsp/gal and let me tell you.... BAD decision. I treated right before lights out... then when I go to check on things the next morning... burned edges of leaves. Mostly on the PD but some on the WR as well.

I asked a buddy what strength to apply GreenCure... and he advised 2 tbsp/gal as a "knock down". I went to seek advice from him because I've always applied it only as preventative at 1/4-1/2 strength (1/4-1/2 tbsp/gal). Over the years I've never actually had PM because I'd been pretty good about RH/environment, and preventative sprays of GC. Now with a slightly larger grow, in an outbuilding, with elevated RH... I guess it was my time. And I probably should have known better than to apply at 2 tbsp/gal. Silly me.

So, with some burnt leaves from the GC, I figured it'd be a good time to do some thinning, so went ahead and leveled out the canopy of the WR and thinned out the PD to allow some more lower branches to try to reach up to the top of the canopy. Such tight node spacing, that the inner mass of leaves was slightly worrying me with the mold concerns. The WR as filled in amazingly... the PD not quite as full, but I think after the stretch and some post-stretch trimming, both canopys will be in good shape. Hoping neither strain is going to stretch more than expected... I will be laying a trellis across each canopy, and hopefully won't need to add a second layer because that will be a serious PITA in this room - since I didn't take a trellis into consideration before it was full of plants.

Anyways. Gave them their last full strength veg feeding about a week ago, and yesterday just gave them some additives. Tomorrow night will be their first 12 hour lights out period.

Soooooo, enough stoned rambling!

Here's the ladies on their 56th day of veg. And holy shit did this veg period take much longer than I expected.

Purple Diesel

White Russian

Bud sites!!!!!

Fucking stoked to finally be hitting the flower period... this extended veg time has just had me a little bit more ansty/stressed for problems than I usually am with a grow. But hey, first run on a brand new setup... I'm sure some of you have been there too! Not to mention that this is a setup where I basically completely started from scratch. Started with a bare spot on the ground all the way to all the equipment. All my old equip is in use elsewhere aside from a few minor things I brought over. But needless to say. This mother fucker better yield! Thanks for looiking!

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Just a couple days into flower, not a whole lot to talk about. Yesterday they were dry and needed a watering, so I decided to go ahead and give them their first "bloom" feeding. PBP Bloom, Aquashield, LK, Vitamino, Sweet Raw (which I find to be slightly useless at the very beginning of flower, but whatevs, I'll follow the schedule), Silica Blast (which I just switched to from Pro-Tekt, no difference noticed of course...), CalMag+... annnnnd I think that's it.

A little worried about the stretch at this point... my canopy is still pretty level for the most part. But, for one I was planning on laying a trellis... but now, they've already surpassed the level at which would be the least PITA to mount the trellis, as well as the fact that I'm hand watering, and total space is going to become an issue come mid flower. But, I'm considering that a good problem, and I knew going in that I would have limited room to work.

Automated system is in my future though, needless to say.

Switched out my bulbs to HPS, except for one HPS bulb that decided not to work. They are all brand new, and worked just fine when I tested them a couple months ago. Hmm...

Here's a couple pics just on their third day of flower. Looking very busy. Once the stretch is over I need to get down on some serious lollipopping/pruning. I usually do a LITTLE bit better of a job on lower/inner growth going into flower... so I'm slightly reluctant to do significant trimming at this time, but my plan is to do a fair amount of lollipopping/defoliation directly upon finishing the stretch, and then in a few weeks some follow-up defoliation as well as any other inner/lower growth that needs to be tended to. Unless anybody else has a better idea of timing of the trimming when it comes to stress/flower production. I am a defoliator, but I usually don't do much defoliation during flower and try to get it all taken care of prior to.

This canopy is going to be THICK and pretty badass once all said and done with the stretch. Really has filled in tremendously. Luckily I do have a little bit of room on all 4 sides to spread them out. Phew. Anyways, as always, enough stoned rambling! No matter what I can't help but ramble in my god damn posts! Here they are.

White Russian

Purple Diesel

Pretty hard to get them all in the pic! Damn... Check back soon! will be doing weekly updating during flower!

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Holy. Fucking. Humidity.

My thermostat in my house is telling me our outdoor RH has been at 90% steady. With a 30 pint dehuey going as well as the air conditioner going, I've only been able to get down to about 65%. Plants are sweating a little bit, and that shit ain't gonna fly. Today is 8 days flower I believe, and I am thinking although I have not seen one bit of PM since the last mention, I will do a weak preventative treatment of GC. Also picked up a 70 pint dehuey, I'm not fucking around!

Once I chop, I am going to go through with a fine tooth comb and eliminate every possible air leak in the room, and I believe this will help isolate the building from the outdoor conditions a little better. Thanks to my profession I have all the tools needed to determine the leakage rate of the room, and I'm going to nail the coffin shut on leakage. Probably save a little on co2 in the end.

Not a whole lot going on right now, mid stretch, everything is looking fantastic. Probably hold off on pics until this weekend. These plants aren't stretching more than I'd planned for, so it's lookin' pretty damn good!

Will have some MUCH more interesting content soon.... stay tuned....

Lionthc

Dude

Dude

Good, awesome work, and that planters to have better results in the 3 or 5 gal? Production and pulls them? Thank you very much for your help