What's new

400 Watt Vertical Grow Room

S

speedemon

Hello Folks

Well after a day spent in the loft tweeking my vegging room I have now completed my vertical project and temps are remaining at 27 c with a MH bulb for vegging which is perfect

The room is 2' x 2' x 3' high at the top of apex.

The light is a 125mm cool tube (reflectors removed) with a 400 watt MH bulb vegging changing to a 400 watt Grolux for flowering, I have drilled a 125mm in the floor of the loft and put 125mm duct under the floor space to suck cool air past bulb and out into roof space to vent through slates.

Extraction is a 125mm duct running through my magnum xxl cool shade in the other vegging room and out the chimney breast.

Air Circulation are 2 x 6" fans which I have sunk into the walls to blow cool air from the loft into the room, one is positioned at ground level to circulate air around the pots and one is facing the bulb across tops of plants, I also have passive intake holes at the bottom.

The plants in the picture are Critical Mass and Chronic.

Temps are 19 c lights out and 27 c lights on, humidity is 40% rh

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
That's one hell of a veg setup.

I love the way you're just blasting those plants with lumens at point-blank range.

S

speedemon

Cool :yes: :yes: pulling up a chair , looking forward to see how it will turn out :)

So am I mate have never done vertical before but have seem some great results :)

That's one hell of a veg setup.

I love the way you're just blasting those plants with lumens at point-blank range.

Lol I know mate I have worked out approx 100 lumens per square foot so I should get some solid large buds hopefully unless it go's tits up lol.

S

speedemon

Welcome to the show edgey and roll it large hope it turns out a good one lol as have not done vertical before and this is the first time I have used this room.

S

speedemon

Welcome to the show mellow yellow and Paulo73 if it go's like the vertical grows I have seen then I should be very happy with the yield:) Have put them into flower today with one of those Phillips Master Son-T Plus PIA 400w bulbs I have heard are the best for bloom? we will see.

S

speedemon

Week 3 update

Week 3 update

I have had to put a wire cage around the tube as any leaves resting on the glass where getting burnt lol I have noticed something brilliant about growing this way though which is ideal for this room which is the lack of stretch :jump: I now have 5 Critical Mass and a Chronic in there so I am waiting to see if the description for Critical mass buds is correct? (Donkey's Dick like buds) Will try and remember to keep diary updated. They are taking a litre of water each every 2 days now. Heres the pics :) :thank you:

JB72

Very nice, I just upgraded to a 400w so this is very interesting too me, keep up the good work.

S

speedemon

Thanks for invitibf me over, and I will watch and learn. Maybe ny name should be Grasshopper, lol!!!!

Lol Grasshopper I have not seen that for years lol great Martial Arts movie :) :dance013: It is a great way to grow on the cheap :) £40 for the cool tube, 2 fans 6" £5.00 each, Kingspan cavity insulation 50mm £5.00 per sheet x 4 , duct £8.99. I have noticed bugger all stretch really in comparison to over head lighting. The cage around bulb stops leaf burn so essential, make it out of wire mesh from b and q £5.00 and if in loft drill 5" hole through flooring into loft space and draw through the duct into the cool tube suspended on ceiling through duct at the top and straight out loft, or if insulated through insulation into 50mm loft space, venting through slates (If nervous about helicopters FLIR etc then extract trough chimney space, but not floor space as drawing cool air from their trough cooltube ;) or another room space if possible??). With this style of growing you will get maximum yield in minimum space :)
I will show you what I mean with a pic tomorrow :) and will attach a diagram drawn on paint of the set up, but to phucked right now lol :dance013: the strain I am growing in there can be great yeilders anyway, Chronic and critical mass, I will need to fan leaf trim as the buds develop to allow light to penetrate between the buds, without leaves blocking light. ( I know there are mixed reviews on removing leaves no need to comment :) ) I do it in late budding when the calyx are swollen :) some people will argue that it also makes the plant focus purely on the bud and not fan leaves? Others would say the energy from the fan leaves absorbs into the bud and without the buds will not fatten? I have sen proof that it does no harm to the yield ;) or overall taste etc :)
Anyway pics to follow later lol :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts