What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

40-45° lat, when do you harvest??

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I'm at 42, have been harvesting for the past few weeks. Still got one left to do, made it through the frost perfectly fine, and the windy/hard rain storm with no harm. Coming down this week though probably.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Marcellas. I would highly recomend Sagarmatha Seeds Early Riser. it will been done around september 15. big harvast of frosty tasty buds and sativa effect. The finnished product is better than many comercial strains.

Boomer89

I chopped my girl down. I lost probably 1/3rd of her to mold =( It didn't get bad until the very end, but I saw it coming..

Anyways, I got some bud that LOOKS kind of moldy, but not really. Idk what to do with it, it's not brown, theirs nothing on the buds itself, the bud just looks kind of pale in one area and little leaves were almost curled up like it was dying or something? What should I do with it? After I trimmed it up, its almost undetectable.

I have the buds drying in a little dry box I made. I have it inside my car right now, because its going to stink up my house. I was thinking of throwing a hand warmer inside the box with the buds to speed up the process? Im just a little weary of the hand warmers & the cardboard box. I don't need my car going up in flames over this.. I got the leaves & trim drying inside a shoebox.. Im going to do a hash run with the trim, the early harvested plant that was taken down in a storm & a 1/4oz of some decent bud. I also have a bunch of male leaves, but is it even worth throwing in for hash? I didn't even dry them, I threw the males in a ziplock and they went right inside a freezer. Their probably ruined anyways..

Ill report back with a dry weight & a smoke report. Shitty season, but I expected it. A good friend of mine gave me a hand with everything so atleast he got a lesson out of it all and now he can grow his own herb next summer.

Im already making plans for next summer, I wanna have 50 seedlings out by april. Hopefully i'll end up with ~ 20 females by this time next year :jump:

Marcellas

Veteran
So today was the big day!! Also harvested today and glad I did.. My last plot with the 2 medium sized PurpKush clones and the 2 mini BOG seedplants was the only spot left and it was all harvested today. :D

I checked it today and on every plant the leaves were either very near death or already dead and getting crispy brown.. Never seen this before, the leaves close to the bud were all good and I only found one tiny spot of budrot!!

Looks like I cut at the perfect time and I will get at least 3 ounces, which is low but I'm happy with it!! :bump:
...My Blueberry plant that I cut this weekend is about dry and is about an ounce all together. The 2 PurpKush and 2 SourBubbles are hang drying and the Blueberry is about to be jarred!!

Great feedback everybody I'll read it all later.. Pics coming soon!!

Marcellas

Veteran
looks like everybody else around my latitude is finishing up and/or finished!! sounds great everybody, good luck with the harvest and cure :D

im looking at about 2-3ounces dry.. not nearly what i was going for after males and duds, next year im doing clones and/or early strains like you mentioned. thanks for the tips guys!! good year, better next year as always :rasta:

I'm at ~48 N and still haven't harvested. Well, I had a small Kaya Gold with maybe a 3 gram cola on it that I've dried and enjoyed already, but there's still an Afghan monster in the garden with 2-3 weeks left. We ended up taking a frame we used for tomato growing and making a makeshift greenhouse with a glass pane and some clear plastic to keep rain/dew off. Hopefully she'll finish.