What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 x Fem Zamaldelica In Living soil

Hi all

I have 4 feminized Zamaldelica plants

These pics are at 22 days since the cotyledons appeared 04/12

View media item 18715274
View media item 18715275
View media item 18715276
View media item 18715277

They are in a 1.2x1.2m tent in 20 US gal Grassroots living soil pots filled to 60L.

The light is a Migro Aray 8 480W LED its the older model its now 500w that they sell

I'm using Plagron light mix soil and Living Living Soils Fertiliser's amendments with some Hypoaspis miles (Stratiolaelaps scimitus) added.

(Before I started the grow I added some King Stropharia (wine cap) mushroom spawn to some straw and then mixed the straw/mycelium with the top layer of soil then added more straw ontop)

I also recently added some Tiger (Eisenia fetida) and European nightcrawler (Dendrobaena hortensis) worms.

With my tap water I'm using Ecothrive Neutralise.

I've just started using Ecothrive Bio-Blend (from day 21) its a once a week thing and got some "Flourish" concentrated seaweed extract as a freebie with my order so I guess I'll use that too.

Last edited:
This is the guide Ill be using

View media item 18715283

I plan to top them and lst them with 4 or 6 branches each plant I'll keep the tops as mother plants to choose from later.

I Think maybe there was abit too much nitrogen for these plants following the guide as some of the bigger fan leaves have some down curl to the tips

View media item 18715279
View media item 18715280
Hope your all good and any comments or pictures welcome :)

albertgriffiths

Hi Herbidacious,
I'm taking a seat, curious to watch them growing!

If I may ask, did you find any evidence Stropharia Rugoso Anulata (Wine Cap) could benefit cannabis plants? Or did you spawn them just out of curiosity?
I remember an experiment by Paul Stamets where he showed S.R.A. could make corn yield better, but as far as I recall it was not the case with all plant/mushroom synergies he tried.
Another positive one was Hypsizigus Ulmarius with cabbage.
A few others were unsignificant or detrimental to the plants, but never to the point of ruining the harvest either.

I tried to re-iterate these experiments outdoors a few times, but for various reasons never got to produce enough spawn at the right time, or lost my plants to bugs/animals before harvest.

Azeotrope

Veteran
This is the guide Ill be using

View media item 18715283

I plan to top them and lst them with 4 or 6 branches each plant I'll keep the tops as mother plants to choose from later.

I Think maybe there was abit too much nitrogen for these plants following the guide as some of the bigger fan leaves have some down curl to the tips

View media item 18715279
View media item 18715280
Hope your all good and any comments or pictures welcome :)
That curl is not a big concern. The robust level of N will likely work to your benefit in early flowering. The plants will be hungry for N during the initial bud set. Maybe it will contribute to a little extra stretch but that is debatable and it looks like you are off to a healthy start.

Reactions: X15
Hi albertgriffiths ,

Thanks for taking an intrest :)

Before I started the grow I looked at faq's of the of the diffrent amandments etc that I was gonna use, in the Bio-Blend (for a compost extract) faq's it suggested "wine cap" mushrooms "under your mulch layer can be a great way to get those primary and secondary decomposers booming!" it also says you can use oyster mushrooms, shiitake and reishi mushrooms.

I think it helps breakdown the amendments and the straw mulch for plants and other things to eat but I have no "evidence" to provide at all just thought it couldnt hurt :) .

I will google the experiments you mentioned but I suspect its above my level of understanding :s .

Your clearly way ahead of me I can imagen that keeping the mycelium happy in places that can grow Cannabis outdoor it would be tough to keep the mycelium happy I also dont know how much diffrance it makes using it anyway, sorry I cant be of much help :S .

Last edited:
Hi Azeotrope

Thanks for your comments :) Im glad it dosent seem much of a problem, I was concerned it might be early signs I did somthing wrong that would be more of an issue later.

When I next grow the clones of these Zam then I think I will add a little less "grow" to the mix at the start.

But I'm glad to read you think there off to a good start :) .

I've actually been watching your grow over the past few weeks amazing plants gives me somthing to aim for lol.

I have to run a oil radiator outside my tent to keep the temps up enought for the plants under LED lights I'm intrested in the CDM/CMH/LEC bulbs as maybe a more cost effectave way of heating my grow area and increasing light at the same time.

At the moment at full power I should be getting 750µmols/m2/sec which @ 12 hour is DLI = 32.40 which seems abit low but what do I know lol.

Last edited:

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hi Azeotrope

Thanks for your comments :) Im glad it dosent seem much of a problem, I was concerned it might be early signs I did somthing wrong that would be more of an issue later.

When I next grow the clones of these Zam then I think I will add a little less "grow" to the mix at the start.

But I'm glad to read you think there off to a good start :) .

I've actually been watching your grow over the past few weeks amazing plants gives me somthing to aim for lol.

I have to run a oil radiator outside my tent to keep the temps up enought for the plants under LED lights I'm intrested in the CDM/CMH/LEC bulbs as maybe a more cost effectave way of heating my grow area and increasing light at the same time.

At the moment at full power I should be getting 750µmols/m2/sec which @ 12 hour is DLI = 32.40 which seems abit low but what do I know lol.
The "claw" is common in veg for me.

I also have to add heat at times. If you need to control the stretch it can be helpful to keep the delta T between lights on and lights off to a minimum. Even a negative delta where you keep it slightly warmer with the lights off. Also keep in mind that root temp is more critical than canopy temp in terms of the cold. Looks like you're on a good track and I'm excited to see how it finishes.

Regards - Azeo

albertgriffiths

Hi albertgriffiths ,

Thanks for taking an intrest :)

Before I started the grow I looked at faq's of the of the diffrent amandments etc that I was gonna use, in the Bio-Blend (for a compost extract) faq's it suggested "wine cap" mushrooms "under your mulch layer can be a great way to get those primary and secondary decomposers booming!" it also says you can use oyster mushrooms, shiitake and reishi mushrooms.

I think it helps breakdown the amendments and the straw mulch for plants and other things to eat but I have no "evidence" to provide at all just thought it couldnt hurt :) .

I will google the experiments you mentioned but I suspect its above my level of understanding :s .

Your clearly way ahead of me I can imagen that keeping the mycelium happy in places that can grow Cannabis outdoor it would be tough to keep the mycelium happy I also dont know how much diffrance it makes using it anyway, sorry I cant be of much help :S .

I found the link to the study I was refering to.
It starts at the end of P192 (P204 of the PDF). The whole book is also a good introductory read if you're interested in mushrooms/mycelium.

The experiment they're describing got me really amazed at first, but I've never seen it reiterated (except on Corn + SRA, which seems to be a traditional combination in Hungary), and I find the samples a bit too small to be conclusive by themselves (+ the possible biases of the author, who is known to be a passionate advocate of mushroom cultivation... and a seller of mushroom spawn).
I still have a plan to do my own experiment one day, but mushroom cultivation takes more time than I have right now...

I think you understood enough! The mycelium surely will help breaking down the mulch and retaining humidity, and I think wine caps are a better choice than oyster mushrooms regarding hypothetic synergies with the plants. I think it's a good idea to try it out, and it most probably won't hurt!
Just keep it well mulched if you want to see its fruits some day!

One funny detail is that SRA is gourmet quality, but known to produce the Antabuse effect (it is not toxic unless you drink alchool up to 12H after eating it, which causes nausea, diarrhea and headaches)(some repentant alcoholics eat it to have a bigger incentive not to drink). So SRA + ganja sounds like a good combo for a plant-based alcoholism therapy! :LOL:
Alcool-free munchies!

Another source of info on the subject, by Stamets still

smilley

Veteran
Good luck on your grow Herbidacious. Zamaldelica is one of my favorite smokes of all time. It can yield very well. :respect:

Hi smilley thanks for your support :)

I found it tought to choose what ACE seeds to grow 1st but Zamaldelica particularly the feminised seems to tick all the boxes for me.

@Azeotrope I'll have to google what "delta T" is lol

Im guessing its like average temp or how much the temp differs between night and day.

I have been trying to keep the lights on temp around 28c Min-25c Max-30c

Lights off is down to 17c I think but I will take more note from now on.

:)

Azeotrope

Veteran
@Azeotrope I'll have to google what "delta T" is lol

Im guessing its like average temp or how much the temp differs between night and day.

I have been trying to keep the lights on temp around 28c Min-25c Max-30c

Lights off is down to 17c I think but I will take more note from now on.

You are correct. Delta T is just the delta or difference in temp. In this case: lights on T - lights off T

Hi, hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year.

Christmas day was 6 weeks to the day since the Zams sprouted and 16 days since I topped them.

I did some LST and defoliation I also turned the power of the lights up abit.

I decided to do the 1st topdress on the 25th with bloom following the amounts for
week 1 flower.

The guide says I dont need to feed for the first 4 weeks or so. They had 6 weeks and
I dont know how to tell when they need a topdress, I didnt want them to get weak or
stressed so I guessed that was about right time? what do you guys think?.

View media item 18715666
Hopefully that was the right decision :s, although I made a mistake and used myco not rockdust.

I didnt/dont want the plants to get too big so I changed to flower 3 days ago.

I'm also not sure when to do the 2nd topdress maybe 3-4 weeks from the day I did the topdress?.

Here they are 3rd Jan and 3rd day of flower (day 51 total)

View media item 18715667
I think I'll try Mainlining next run its abit crowded.

I'll be using a compost extract tomorrow, I'll do some defoliation and try to get some better pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts