What's new

4 x 600, Promix, here we go again

U

ureapwhatusow

a run from the winter, plants are 6' canopy was too deep so there were two grades of bud. In retrospect this plant would do much better under 1000s so i an trying to tweak the grow so i can get her to produce all top cola quality bud and a fair amount of it

JustinCase

Go as many times as you like. Looks great. I too run a cool tube and I fully agree they throw quite a bit of light to the sides as apposed to regular hoods. So my box looks much like a stadium grow as well.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
i agree about the cool tubes. weed looks great man. subscribed if ya dont mind

Drt9288

Gorgeous setup, lucky bastard lol... anyways not to sound like a newbie or nothing but what is a stadium grow, is that where its shaped like a bowl (football stadium)... thats what i get from the pics... anyways i grabbed my seat and snackin for this one....

U

ureapwhatusow

Thanks for your interest and encouraging comments

I have interesting results, but im still tweaking the room, its very late, and im very tired, so I will catch up on the tech details til then

I have been taking pictures every few days form the same angle

here is 7/31

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
great growth there reap.
lovin the same angle. keep it comin dude. flowering has improved their appearance dramatically.

U

ureapwhatusow

Ok updates are here

its been 5 whole days and ive had to tie the plants down to get them to even out

I am very happy with how thing are going. The only problem so far is that they have a little heat stress expressed in the leaf cause they grew so close to the lights.

the top of the fan which you can see in earlier pictures is even with the lowest part of the black electrical wire in teh foreground

here is the plants from the rear, notice the height above the fan, which in photos 5 days earlier was above teh canopy

Flowers are starting to form, i am getting excited I think this ghetto stadium is going to work out

heres one before I tied it

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT GOOD OR BAD

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT GOOD OR BAD

I am trying some tweaks to get a plant to work in an environment that wasnt made for her, but the high from this smoke is my best friend, this high is me and I am it, i just cant put it into words but i dont ever want not to smoke it and in many regards its a perfect plant so I am using all the experience from all the growers to make this thing work

RIght now this is my stratagy

I am flowering small because the lights wont penetrate her canopy at 6' and using the stretch certain AN nutes cause to my advantage. I found when lights went out for a few days that small stunting condensed her canopy and kept her small enough to work well under 600s

I dont want to stress a plant to get it to grow right, so after I learned how bad the strech connisuer gave my water plants I figured flip the other girls early and let the conni strecth them to proper size and save some time

I am very happy so far but i have at bout 6 weeks left. They are still stretching but I tied the main leads down and the conni should force the sides to stretch to the top of the canopy

I have very few other comparisons other than GH & Ionic

I should only use 1 gallon total for both my grows if that much

i only use big bud,carbo.load, and overdrive

July 31

AUG 3rd

AUG 7th

AUG 12

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

Baby Bud Pictures (Baby at 19 days old )

baby northern lights x blueberry

baby pkak

pineappaloupe

The garden is looking awesome!
Do you do alot of pruning or do the plants just grow kinda leggy?
Some of the leaves from the Aug 12 pic look like they are getting a little heat stress, the edges look like they are curling up. Mine do that too, it doesnt seem to make much difference.
Also, do you have any way to white-balance your pics? Im just a camera nerd, and its a pretty easy thing to do. Even if you camera doesnt shoot in RAW you can do it, and there are hacks for some cameras that let you shoot in raw.

Promix is great. have you ever tried hitting them with compost tea?

You'll love it.
with leather....

luciano28

Ureap,

Everything looks good man, I got a really easy question I hope you would answer for me, Are those 3 gallons around the edges of the room? Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. What are those things you are using as trays for run-off? I need something like that, if those are 3 gallons and those things are easy to find, Im gonna look into getting them. It looks like you use the same containers as me is why Im wondering. I use pro-mix too, you just got 2000 watts more than me, lol.

This is the pic I was looking at

45423another_run-med.jpg

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

luciano28 said:
Ureap,

Everything looks good man, I got a really easy question I hope you would answer for me, Are those 3 gallons around the edges of the room? Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. What are those things you are using as trays for run-off? I need something like that, if those are 3 gallons and those things are easy to find, Im gonna look into getting them. It looks like you use the same containers as me is why Im wondering. I use pro-mix too, you just got 2000 watts more than me, lol.

This is the pic I was looking at

45423another_run-med.jpg

I am using 5 gallon pails. nothing is three gallon. Each pot has a clear plastic catch tray i got at home depot, I dont have to worry about overspill.

I like promix. I dont mix anything in with it, mostly because for at least a decade I was samll plant count (12 & under) and I have techniques for working the containers to keep the promix from tightening up and slowing capillary action

I will definately set back my ebb and flow come fall, and I have a big container technique that grows big plants in ebb and flow in moving containers (root matt doesnt have to lock plants in). I like soil, and sometimes, like in the high heat of summer, its friendlier and more fault tolerant

Last edited: