What's new

4 TS600's or 1 TS3000 for yield?

CaptainDankness

I've never actually used LED lights, only HPS, but I'm thinking about giving them a shot. Now I'm kind of thinking I will get better coverage and overall yield if I chain up 4 of the 100W TS 600's than if I use just the one 450w TS3000 in a 4x4 area.

But yeah, figured I'd see what y'all think about it since some of you have been using LED's since they came out.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Using 4 of the 100W TS 600's will give you more light movement in the garden. As the plants grow you can add lights and move them around easily. Also, you can use 100W LEDs mixed with an HPS and have heat for the garden too. Using mixed light combos is pretty awesome. Keep us posted Friend. 😎

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I would recommend TS1000 as well since it is dimmable. You can adjust the light intensity according to plants.

Another option is FCE-4800 if your budget allows. This light has more uniform PPFD than TS3000.

CaptainDankness

I would recommend TS1000 as well since it is dimmable. You can adjust the light intensity according to plants.

Another option is FCE-4800 if your budget allows. This light has more uniform PPFD than TS3000.
Cost isn't really too much of a concern, more thinking which will give me more in terms of grams per watt which is where the cost really is.

Seems your grow lights are pretty much the same price per watt of output. Depending if it's really a sale or not IDK but looks like it costs about $40 for every 50 watts of light.

I'm probably going to do a little more research into them, see if I can get an idea of what people are yielding gpw on the different sized lights. Really about could I yield more off 20 100w lights or 5 400w ones, really makes me want to try both ways. Lol