What's new

4 time Iditarod winner...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Lance Mackey, 4 time winner of the famous Iditarod dog sled race, is being forced into retirement by health issues. a medical marijuana user (plus just for the hell of it, LOL!) he alone is responsible for a few rule changes in dog sledding. last season, the governing body tried to force him out by requiring the mushers to piss in a cup. that's right, they decided that the musher being high was a "performance enhancing" drug issue in a sport where the DOGS do the work. by far the most popular musher, he is beloved by the fans for the same reasons the other competitors dislike him, his willingness to go out with the fans after a leg of the races for "a beer or whatever..." the prototypical "everyman", he never looked at himself as above his fans. bless you Lance, you will be missed...

Sisu

Veteran
Well, they're admitting that marijuana enhances athletic performance. I'm not a musher but I bet if you're a good one, you're in good shape and you're in tune with your dogs, the trail and conditions, and managing your sled. Hell yeah, I bet a good sativa would be great for mushing.

8.jpg