What's new

4 Plants 5 Lights Thanks Heath!!!

A

Alone

What are those numbers... grams? Your best plant was just over 4 ounces? That can't be right.:tumbleweed:
Why cant that be right? Sounds about perfect to me. 4 plants in a room. Thats about a lb per 8x8 room. Sounds right to me.
I only get about 35 grams of dry bud per plant with a 600w growing 9 plants. Thats about 12 ounces per light for me.
He's useing a 1000w with only 4 plants. Should get a lb per light.

If he's truly running 5 lights in that 1 - 8x8 room than thats waaaaaaay to much light. I figured by the hallway pics that he had 3 rooms. a veg room with 1 lamp and 2 flowering rooms with 2 lamps in each. That makes sense. A 1000w lamp can do an 8x8 room just fine by itself.
So just because you have 4 1000w lamps in a 8x8 room that wont give you more yield. With 5 - 1000w lamps you can do 16 plants that big. Not 4. You can put 100 - 1000w lamps over 1 plant but your still only gonna get what the room size dictates.

If I was you.....Ide either use 2 lamps per room or get more rooms to play in. All that extra heat and power for a yield you can get off 1 lamp. Not 5.

Why cant that be right? Sounds about perfect to me. 4 plants in a room. Thats about a lb per 8x8 room. Sounds right to me.
I only get about 35 grams of dry bud per plant with a 600w growing 9 plants. Thats about 12 ounces per light for me.

If he's truly running 5 lights in that 1 - 8x8 room than thats waaaaaaay to much light. I figured by the hallway pics that he had 3 rooms. a veg room with 1 lamp and 2 flowering rooms with 2 lamps in each. That makes sense. A 1000w lamp can do an 8x8 room just fine by itself.
So just because you have 4 1000w lamps in a 8x8 room that wont give you more yield. With 5 - 1000w lamps you can do 16 plants that big. Not 4. You can put 100 - 1000w lamps over 1 plant but your still only gonna get what the room size dictates.

If I was you.....Ide either use 2 lamps per room or get more rooms to play in. All that extra heat and power for a yield you can get off 1 lamp. Not 5.

If I was Krunchbubble my reply would be: If you were me you'd be yielding a hundred ounces every three weeks, go hang off my balls.

My reply is: watch and learn, you might find that what you think you know is not exactly aligned with reality.

Given the laws in my state, low plant count, high wattage makes the most sense for someone who wants to operate within the guidelines. Thanks to Krunchbubble and Heath for posting grows similar in nature to this one.

St3ve

Ok I'm still confused. So there are three rooms.. and in each room is 4 flowering plants, and how many bulbs per 8x8 room?

I don't disagree with throwing lights at them to keep at your plant numbers.. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Feijao

W O W

three "pods", all inside one bigger room. Bigger room is sealed. 4 plants per pod. 5 lights per pod. harvest one pod every three weeks, 9 weeks total flower.

, Very cool, Thrillspan. I'm a fan of Ionic myself. So easy to mix and nothing else needed, except maybe some silicone. Have you thought about 600's in the corners, with a 1K in the middle? Thats what I'm building out now, for use in the late fall/winter. Mine's gonna be 9x9 (4 plants). Anyway, diggin your setup.......

stagehand

St3ve

three "pods", all inside one bigger room. Bigger room is sealed. 4 plants per pod. 5 lights per pod. harvest one pod every three weeks, 9 weeks total flower.

Soo... you're pulling around 25oz per 5k? Seems like something is off. You should be getting at least 16oz per plant if not more. There are guys pulling 8-10# from 4 plants and 5k.

Not trying to be a douche to you man.. just trying to help you get the most outta your setup.

, Very cool, Thrillspan. I'm a fan of Ionic myself. So easy to mix and nothing else needed, except maybe some silicone. Have you thought about 600's in the corners, with a 1K in the middle? Thats what I'm building out now, for use in the late fall/winter. Mine's gonna be 9x9 (4 plants). Anyway, diggin your setup.......

stagehand
the ballasts are switchable, so sometimes early and late I'll knock down the watts, but I try not to....

Been thinking of trying dynagrow in one of the pods, one of their parts is a silicone...every now and again I'll run GH 3 part for a week in the middle just to switch things up

Last edited:
Soo... you're pulling around 25oz per 5k? Seems like something is off. You should be getting at least 16oz per plant if not more. There are guys pulling 8-10# from 4 plants and 5k.

Not trying to be a douche to you man.. just trying to help you get the most outta your setup.

Wow. I consider myself to be a good communicator, I may have to reevaluate....

Average 102oz per pod. 25oz or so per plant. About .57 grams per watt. Not a great %, but the consistent yield is ok.

St3ve

ok.. reading back I see it now. I read it as "25oz per 4 plants" not "25oz per plant x4 per room"

So yes.. you're doing fine. lol I was just worried you were pulling 2# per 5k and was scratching my head. Averaging over 6# is respectable.

here we are day 17 of flower. I removed most of the dying wilty leaves from high veg temps. The two in the back are significantly bigger and branchier than the other two. oh well.

picture.php

View image in gallery

As a sideline, here is the grape ape about 3.5 weeks from finish three days after a hard defoliation to open things up a bit.

Shine on!!

D

DHF

Guess I missed this 1......15KW plus all equipment for cooling with all the bells and whistles , and pullin almost 6.5 lbs every 3 weeks perpetual.....That sound right Bro ?....

12 plants doin lil over 1.25 lbs per by end of cycle from rooted cut and 6 weeks veg under T-5`s or other fluorescents ......

Does the 6 weeks include rooting the cuts ?......Are the lights in an "X" pattern with the plants in a 'diamond" pattern ?.....

Just tryin ta wrap my head around plant and light placement so we can try and up your game usin all that wattage and increase your bottom line yields.....anyways......

Thanks for the thread.....Respect for the work pullin 120+/- lbs per yr , but maybe dialed environment could come close to doublin that ?......I`d think so.....anyways.....

Good luck....Hereta help.....and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

brer

Thanks for the thread.....Respect
+2 on that ^ respect & thanks for sharing , i love looking at how you folks grow , gives me inspiration , i can only dream of growing like that . Keep up the great work .

250wscrogger

Nice setup and plants!
Takes some skills to grow huge plants like this....

5k in 8x8 is a ton of light for the space...I would go with 12x12 rooms or AT LEAST 10x10 for 5k in an X pattern...with more space you could boost that yield to 8-10# per 5k room with bigger rooms.
I run 2k per 8x8 room stadium style and it's plenty of light.

Guess I missed this 1......15KW plus all equipment for cooling with all the bells and whistles , and pullin almost 6.5 lbs every 3 weeks perpetual.....That sound right Bro ?....

12 plants doin lil over 1.25 lbs per by end of cycle from rooted cut and 6 weeks veg under T-5`s or other fluorescents ......

Does the 6 weeks include rooting the cuts ?......Are the lights in an "X" pattern with the plants in a 'diamond" pattern ?.....

Just tryin ta wrap my head around plant and light placement so we can try and up your game usin all that wattage and increase your bottom line yields.....anyways......

Thanks for the thread.....Respect for the work pullin 120+/- lbs per yr , but maybe dialed environment could come close to doublin that ?......I`d think so.....anyways.....

Good luck....Hereta help.....and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Thanks DHF, I've taken many of your posts to heart as well, so thank you for your input on so many of these threads.....yes lights in an X, plants in a diamond.

Three weeks after the clones are taken I veg for 3 weeks under T5 in an Ecogrower, then they get three weeks in the megafarms under T5 and Feliz 200w floros also in an X pattern for a total of six weeks veg. Then into flower for 9 weeks. I'll snap some veg room pics tomorrow.

Its tough to keep things cool this time of year, but max temps are mid 80's, lows (lights out) in the high 60's, humidity is low 30's lights on and high 30's lights out, C02 at 1550ppm.

Shine on!

Last edited:
Nice setup and plants!
Takes some skills to grow huge plants like this....

5k in 8x8 is a ton of light for the space...I would go with 12x12 rooms or AT LEAST 10x10 for 5k in an X pattern...with more space you could boost that yield to 8-10# per 5k room with bigger rooms.
I run 2k per 8x8 room stadium style and it's plenty of light.

Thanks man, if i could rebuild I'd do it differently for sure.....mainly group the plants together so the ones in the middle are getting hit by four lights not just three. Next one......

stagehand

you'll love the 9x9 size, you might want to buy switchable ballasts because if you can handle the heat and the electric draw you'll want 1000's in the corners after a while....and as I tell my kids, it's always nice to have options. I've been running less than 5x1000 in the first two weeks and the last two weeks but full on 5x1000 in the middle.

Shine on!

i read recently from a bulb mfg that running lights less than 100% is not good for bulbs (reducing life) and does not give off a full spectrum - FYI

A

Alone

If I was Krunchbubble my reply would be: If you were me you'd be yielding a hundred ounces every three weeks, go hang off my balls.

My reply is: watch and learn, you might find that what you think you know is not exactly aligned with reality.

Given the laws in my state, low plant count, high wattage makes the most sense for someone who wants to operate within the guidelines. Thanks to Krunchbubble and Heath for posting grows similar in nature to this one.

LOL! Ya I guess Im doing something wrong. I always thought that a 1000w will cover a 7x7 room and a 600w will cover a 6x6 room.
I didnt know that if I put more lights in a smaller area that I could get waaaay more yield. I get about 35 grams a plant. 25 ounces a plant? WOW! I have alot to learn about yields. I always thought that anything over 2 - 600w hps lamps in a 6x6 room was overkill. Nevermind 5 -1000w's in an 8x8 room. I thought that a plant can only handle so many lumens before it gets light bleaching. But if your getting yields like that with the same veg and flower time I run....Ive been waisting years of my life growing, spinning my wheels, trying to get good yields.

Do you top them or train them in any way or just put the cage around them and start weaving the plant through to get them short and bushy? What can I do with 2 - 600w lamps in a 12 x 12 room to increase my yields from 24 ounces to 48 ounces? I have a light rail 3.5 that can move both lamps....and I can buy another lamp if needed. Whats the good word or advice I so desprately need to increase yield?

Latest posts

Latest posts