What's new

4 600 hps grow help me build my room please!

well you really should not have a carbon filter in there with a sealed room...

really???? now im confused...without a carbon filter how the heck am i supposed to control the odor???

my plans are simple..(or so i thought)...
an 10x10x7 room...4x8 tray for E/F system...2 600w air cooled lights..(pullin in air from on room sending it to another) ..A/C(not sure on the btu yet)..and a recirculating carbon filter for the odor. plus a c02 tank for the extar ummph in my yield.

theres one small window in the room which im sealing off completely....the reason for my sealed room is that i found it extremely difficult to control temps in the winter and summer. my only problem is that im not sure how to run the c02 system efficiently without losing all that c02

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I think what Dr Dog meant was that if you are running a sealed room, you don't put a filter on the air exhaust since it should not be sucking air out FROM the room, but from outside it (meaning there is no smelly air to start with, it's only fresh outside air>fan>hoods>back outside.

In a sealed room yes you should run a SCRUBBER filter to keep odors controlled, they don't connect to any ducting typically, just stand the filter up, drop the fan on top and plug it in. It will just scrub and recirculate your smelly air until it doesn't smell anymore. keep your RH under 50% and the filter will live a long happy life.

i have a portable ac unit i think would cool the space but that is the reason for the pvc pipe. i need to vent that exhaust air somewhere right ? and im guesing its going to smell.
i cant use a split ac system because i have NOWHERE to put the compresser.

sorry im still confused
any ideas on my cooling issue?thanks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well, PVC isn't designed to handle the heat you'll pump through it, it will soften and melt. Can you run rigid ducting? My home depot carries up to 12" ducts and fittings, you can then box it in with plywood or sheetrock if you need to hide it. If you only get one vent then I don't think you can effectively run air cooled hoods or air conditioning, unless you just want an air cooled room, but then you can't really use AC or CO2, and if you have heat problems, well you're kinda boned.

I would look into venting hoods and a room exhaust up a pipe, but it sounds like you have no place to draw air in from? You'll need to find a place to bring air in somehow pretty much no matter what.

ok lazyman u really think the pvc will melt ?i trust your judgement-i guess ridged ducting is the way to go-or the flex duct sheetrocked in a wall.

i plan on using a passive intake from the basement the growroom is in.

then have a carbon filter /fan within the growroom push air through the hoods and exit into my lung room.
my portable ac will vent in there as well

then have another carbon filter and ozone in that room . then vent that room tru the flex duct or ridged ducting 14ft through the roof

think it will work?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey Ninja, yeah that sounds feasible, just run the duct up a corner and box it in with plywood, see it all the time in offices. The rest sounds decent, I hope it all works!