What's new

4:20 Bike Tour, Coffee Shop Crawl...2010

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Greetz everyone

in by gone years trichomefarmer led the 420 bike tours, this year i don't think he's coming, so i guess it's up to us to get it organized.

for myself i'll be renting a bike on day 1.

when is the best time? i'm not really an early bird :)
maybe around 11 or 12, then we can also go eat lunch on the tour if we want to.

we also need to decide on a meeting point, maybe the Pinkfloyd?

lets see how many are even up for some biking in flat Amsterdam. hope we get a good group, it's a lot of fun zooming around hazed out of your brain from one nice coffee shop to the next.

see you guys soon

:wave:

B

British_Bulldog

Greetz everyone

in by gone years trichomefarmer led the 420 bike tours, this year i don't think he's coming, so i guess it's up to us to get it organized.

for myself i'll be renting a bike on day 1.

when is the best time? i'm not really an early bird :)
maybe around 11 or 12, then we can also go eat lunch on the tour if we want to.

we also need to decide on a meeting point, maybe the Pinkfloyd?

lets see how many are even up for some biking in flat Amsterdam. hope we get a good group, it's a lot of fun zooming around hazed out of your brain from one nice coffee shop to the next.

see you guys soon

:wave:

Hi gm m8,

Sounds good man, but do u mean you'll just be hiring a bike for Day 1, or for day 1 and other days too?

I know what you mean about buzzin' around on Hazes, but since I'm going to mainly cane black hash, I might not be in a fit state for riding around a busy city, lol hahaha

I'll see how wrecked I get on the evening of the 19th when I arrive, and if I'm still in a fit state I'll hire a bike on the 20th if you guys are still using bikes.

Peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe i'll rent it from day one till the morning i fly back.
riding a bike all together in a group you should be ok just do what the guy in front does lol. i'll sure join you for some of those black hashes.

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Count me in Gaius, I'm renting a bike as soon as I get off the plane in the morning of 18th.

rgds, kov

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should be ok just do what the guy in front does lol.

That's the prob bro, we'll only get as far as the guy in the front... And once he's baked, we are going nowhere :bump: :bump: :blowbubbles:

But aside from jokes, sounds likes a good plan to cover more coffe, err.. terrain.

What are the prices for such a thing?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Nice one kov, we have to hook up when you arrive.

Browser dude i'll use a gps unit so we don't get lost no matter how stoned or high we get, hehe. i wonder has anyone made an i phone app yet that shows you all the coffee shops in Amsterdam with links to their menus?

but all jokes aside it ain't that hard to find your way, maps for emergencies.

i forget what it costs to rent a bike, depends which rental place you use too. i only know one of them, that's where i always went. wasn't expensive as far as i remember.

1366rent-a-bike1425.jpg

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
What are the prices for such a thing?

Depending on where you rent, it's 10-15 EUR per 24hrs for a basic three speed pedal brake bike, plus a couple Eur for insurance. No need for sophisticated mountainbikes, thanks God there's no mountains in A'dam, hmm, maybe except for those stoner heights.

Edit: Yeah Gaius, thanks for the pic bringing fond memories, that's the place I used to get my bike from. Pretty basic piece of machinery, not too reliable, but good enough for a stoner ride.

A'ha, also I seem to remember that you have to make a 30-50 eur deposit, returnable.

H

Hazyfontazy

Nice one kov, we have to hook up when you arrive.

Browser dude i'll use a gps unit so we don't get lost no matter how stoned or high we get, hehe. i wonder has anyone made an i phone app yet that shows you all the coffee shops in Amsterdam with links to their menus?

but all jokes aside it ain't that hard to find your way, maps for emergencies.

i forget what it costs to rent a bike, depends which rental place you use too. i only know one of them, that's where i always went. wasn't expensive as far as i remember.

1366rent-a-bike1425.jpg

best part of the fun is getting lost in Amsterdam :dance013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyVaaZZXa0&feature=related

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe thats true Hazy, can be fun trying to find your way back or to some of the more out of the way coffee shops.

i always rented the cheapest bike there, no gears at all and a back pedal brake only lol. non of this luxury stuff with 3 gears, hehe. mind you, i might go for the 3 gears this time, getting older after all :)

we are gonna have fun

I'll be in town from 16th - I will try to get to the new Dampkring by 12 noon on the 18th (thats a bit early for a lazy Amsterdam Sunday but I will try :) )

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe nice one brightside we need a good guide, ill also be arriving on the 16th, OP said to find out when folks want to do it, so if its 1300 by the time we go it's surely no problem either, i'd be the last person to want to make it too early. :)

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Wish I was going to be there...you guys have a spliff for me! brightside its good to see you around the boards mate! Long time no speak! I still remember the cheese and all the hash we smoked in 2006! Keep it danK guys and have fun! :wave:

M

mosca negra

What up MH420? I remember Capt. Crip renting a scooter last year-- he loved it and was always 1 or 2 joints ahead of everyone by the time we got there!!! LOL

Can you recommend a place to rent one?

Thanks!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
ohh boy - i see some of you guys landing in hospital!! A scooter smoking tour with mr haze...sounds like a k.o trip!!

so watch out the bikers and the posts....and of course the other stoned tourists
ahhhh about 6-12 ultra stoned guys on scooters trying to follow mr. haze..do not forget he is scooting every day stoned....i wish i could joining in!!!

soo take care friends
and plz take pix!!!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i think a bike is about as fast as i want to travel in the condition i'm hoping to find myself in :laughing:

i'm talking laid back and chillin'

anyone know is the roor shop still open? does it still rent bongs and give away those nice pre perforated filter cards?

B

British_Bulldog

I just had a look for Gilex in the Dam and found this info:

"Kymco Agility snorscooter 50CC

Scooter rental

With over 30 scooters (helmet not mandatory) we’re able to serve almost anybody in search of a rental scooter in Amsterdam. The Kymco Agility 50cc scooter (latest model, low-emission, 4 stroke) enables you to ride quick and comfortable, without traffic jams (using bicyclepaths) or waiting on public transport, through Amsterdam and it’s surroundings (Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Marken, Zandvoort). A scooter is also a lot easier and free to park in contrary to a car.

The rental period is on a 24 hour basis, for example: from 10am untill 10am the next day.
Prices
weekday 37,50 euro
weekend day 42,50 euro
week 210 euro
weekend 80 euro

Prices include VAT, insurance and lock.
On request we can provide a topcase or a helmet.

Special groupdiscounts or long-term rentals available on request.

Conditions:

* Driving License (car/motorbike/moped-license), minimum 18 years old;
* Creditcard (authorise deposit) or € 450,- in cash / PIN;
* Our general rental conditions apply (available on request)."

http://www.gilex.nl/default.asp?contentID=11

I wonder how much we could get them down if we got a group discount?

As I'm only over for a couple of days, I was just thinking about 4/20 itself for me personally, but it'd be a great day flying around the Dam, lol

Having been on the back of Mr H's scooter through the centre of town, going over bumps at high speed and being blazed on some of the finest, it's definately great fun LOL :D
(no helmets req'd, haha)

Peace

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scooters??? ah forget them!
Holland is made for bikes! the most bike friendly country in the world!
You have always your privete bike track and signs for bikes, all around holland....incredible
You can't go wrong with a bike, and it shortens the time to trip aroud: 5 minutes by bike can be a 25 minutes walk...
So stoned and time's short...
Nice idea to swarm around by bikes.... we need some 420 flags and those hard cardboard to clip in wheels scrathing to wheel rays(is that english?!?), pretening, like grownup kids, to drive motorbikes...
Hope to have fun, see you
Dr Penthotal