What's new

3ks over an 4x8 d-w table

PeopleWish

I would like opinions on this set up. Would have six plants on tray in 7-10 gallons of coco.

"Too much" light given said specifications?

Double F

yea no need for 3 1kws over a 4x8...standard industry is 1 light per 4x4 or 5x5..

you can run 3 600s that might be interesting to compare to a 2 1kw. you wont get as much light penetration though.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
3k over a 4x8 is bad ass... As long as you can control the heat ..go for it... better looking nugs and less larf will be your results

PeopleWish

Yes I attached a 2x4 to the ceiling with yoyos

I then hang the three lights from the 2x4.

This makes it very easy to raise
And lower the lights, I think I killed three birds with one stone.

Will post picks. :)

PeopleWish

I'm restricted to plant # so I put two trees under each 1k in ten gals of coco.

Also I'd rather buy 5 trays instead of 7.

Lammy

PeopleWish, 3kw over a 4x8 is not over kill. It's really nice. You will yeild more and nicer nugs off that. I've been doing something very similar. I don't like how 2 lights cover without a mover.

I'm considering dropping down to 1 plant per light. In maybe 45gallon smart pots. I did 6 plants per 3 lights this time. It just seems like when they're trying to share the lights they all get less than optimal placement. If you hang panda right up against the sides of the table to the ceiling. they just go sick.
Plus it frees up numbers for me, doing 1 per light.

Last edited:
I use to run a 4.5' x 6' closet with double 1k's wich gave me close to 70w per sq foot. But when I started to consider just what the plants needed, I switched to 2 600's and increased the cfm's on my exaust and increased my filter size. That allowed me to bring my lights closer with lower temps and I could runmy filter half as much wich alowed me to keep a steady 1500-1800 ppm on my co2 and that allowed me to regulate the humidity to a steady 50%, wich gave me better yeilds and better all round quallity with less larf. All by starting with less light watts my garden took on a zen nature with one thing taking care of the next taking care of the next....

Don't take it as I'm preaching to you, but one day just like me you will see that over all simplisity gives more of a reward in the end.

DrFever

Veteran
heres 2 k over 5 x 8 table 4 plant 4 pound harvest just done owe used 25 gallon buckets

the screen is 1 plant trim

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
If your going for yield, I like using 37.5 watts per square foot. Thats pretty much 600watts over a 4x4 area. Its a good mix of weight vs. quality. 3ks over a 4x8 will get you monster nugs and better quality, but not a very high gpw average. Good luck.

St3ve

do you have to use that tray? If you're limited on plant numbers, just go vertical lighting with trees. Then you can go 4 plants with 5k or 6 plants with 8k.

I wouldn't do 3k over a 4x8 table. If anything I'd do 3 600's or at the most 3 750's.

Ive done both. now i run 2k xxxls. the harvest is roughly the same. i would run a 4x4 table for the third light. use that table for breeding or your connisour strains. either way you will be pleased. have a good grow!

PeopleWish

I would like to use the trays because I cannot figure out a different way to drain my waste.

I am going for yield yes, and would ideally like to go 100% bb vert. Just cannot figure out how to manage my runoff.

Any suggestions? Need more info?

Thanks,

PW

Latest posts

Latest posts