What's new

3k Monster Mazar Grow ACT II

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
OK, Welcome back for another grow!!
I am originally from marijuana.com going by the user name kruseman. I learned alot from this sight when I first joined in Aug of 2003 and met alot of cool people as well. I split time between here and there now so I will bring my grow journal to here for you guys to enjoy!!!:D
This one is not to far off from my last grow, but with some major and minor improvements!!
First this grow will take place in a different spot than the last. It is a 10 x 14 size bedroom. We moved the thermostat inside the room from the house central a/c unit. It is a 2 bdr 1 bath split duplex. The other side of the duplex is accupied by my buddy. It is also a 2 bdr 1 bath. He lives in one side and the grow room is in the other. It works out perfect because the whole duplex is owned by a "silent" partner who rents to two different people. So the grow room side is non-accupied (by humans at least,lol).

Any how, we will be using an 8x4 ebb & flow table with a 50 gal res. One pump for filling and one and one for circulation. We also added a large air pump and an airstone to the bottom of the res!!

This time for sure it is 100% Mazar!! I know because I took the clones with my partner. We ended up selecting 64 of the 70 clones and are using the remaining 6 for mothers. I had 80 last time and barley pulled out 4lbs. I would not grow a sativa and an indica with that many plants together again. The sativa's deffinetly hogged the light/nutes and took alot away from the indica. I was happy with the results but feel I can do better with less plants, better conditions and starting them on 12/12 no where near as tall. We found that growing them that big in veg and then slammin them all together to flower just caused a serious canapy effect and cut out the bottom half of the plant.
We took the clones and gave them 10-12 days to get nice root growth. I use 1" rockwool cubes and the tray and dome method. I get 99% success rate with this method. After 12 days or so I let them sit under the floro's for a couple of days to acculmate to the air and soaked in a light nute solution. We then transplanted them into 4" pots with more holes drilled in them and filled with clay pebbles.
We have Co2 in the room along with a new addition of a dehumidifier.
We will also be trying General Hydroponics new All-in-One grow/bloom nutes solution. Sorry bottle is not here in front of me but I think it is like 7-10-6 or something like that. I believe if you add up the numbers on the GH Micro/Grow/Bloom you get the number for the All-in-One. When it comes time we will use GH Florolicious Bloom Stimulant. Lets see........ I think that about covers it. We are working on an exhaust fan but may have to switch out the hoods to do air cooled hoods. Oh yeah, we are using 3-1000watt HPS lights.
We put them in at about 700ppm and the pH of 5.7. Lights are about 3 feet away to get them used to HID's. Tuesday marks a week on 12/12 so we will lower then. Also have mylar that has to go up.

So to sum it all up, we have 64 Mazar clones which started 12/12 on June 2, 2004!! 5.7 pH.... 700ppm..... RH 52%......temp Lights on-79-82 ...lights off 72-78.......It will not stray to far from the temp and humidity. we will add the dehum. around the 3rd or 4th week. Co2 comes on at lights on for 2hrs and then on/off every 15 minutes till lights out. Table is flooded 4 times throughout light cycle. Once every 4 hours. The table floods for 20 min each time. We will continue to raise the ppm so I will keep you posted on that!!
Alright then here's some pics of the grow!!!

These first few pics were taken on June 2nd, the day they were put in......
1347_p19028.jpg

1347_p19029.jpg

1347_p19020.jpg

1347_p19019.jpg

these pics were taken tonight

1347_p19021.jpg

1347_p19026.jpg

Same plant as above 6 days later.......definetly growing!!!......

1347_p19027.jpg

Alot more room for all the plants this time! Should be a better show visually this time. Much easier access to the whole table this grow which is a major ++++

Ok then that about does it for tonight......I have not been online much lately, man alot of new journals and old ones to catch up on!!!!

Later ya'll, enjoy the grow

G

Welcome

Welcome

Glad to have you over here. I love your setup and love growing Ebb&Flo. That's a big tray setup you got there and i like that tank you got for your nutz. I'll be watching this thread very close. Keep up the super work and i hope for the best with this grow.
Later

Nice operation, bet you'll be able to bump the yeild up to 5 or 6 this time... the open resiviour kinda scares me, but I'm sure its not prob as long as you are careful.

G

Excellent setup HOG

I saw one of those 4' x 8' table yeterday at the hrdro shop and started chompin at the bit a little. I wish I had the room for a larger setup, oh well

Keep up the good grow

Tex

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
update.....

update.....

hey all!......One correction.. I started 12/12 on June 7th not Juine 2nd.

So here are some pics of the table. They are on day 11 of 12/12. All look really good and starting to grow some nice white flowers!!
Added some mylar to the walls and around the table. Lots of reflection from that stuff, I forgot!!!!
Here are some pics......
1138_p19179.jpg

1138_p19182.jpg

Here is the same plant in the two posts before this one. This is 5 days later.
Growing nicely:thumbs:
1138_p19183.jpg

G

Very nice, you got your room setup very well. Can't wait to see them in about a month. Your going to have some monsters on your hands.
Great Job

G

Excellent job HOG

I'm with BG, in a month or so....wow

keep it green

Tex

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
BillyGoat........ Very nice, you got your room setup very well. Can't wait to see them in about a month. Your going to have some monsters on your hands.
Great Job
Thanks for stopping by........stick around!!

Hybrid...........Looks like ur gonna be busy for awhile HOG, nice setup, do you use any odor control?

No odor control as of yet, soon to come I'm sure. It wasn't too bad last couple of grows!!

Cannabob1........ I don't think this strain gets enough of the praise that it deserves!
Crosses with Blueberry extremely well too. !
I agree, Dutch Passion makes a strain called Skywalker, here is the description...........

"Skywalker is a hydrid of a Mazar female and a Blueberry male. The intention was to create one of the best indica's excisting. The Blueberry tast and aroma are combined in this hybrid with the vigor and yeald of Mazar. Blueberry charactaristics as "curling leaves", slow intital growth and bluish hues disappeared in the hybrid, while taste, aroma (fruity and fresh)andthe quality of the "High" were kept. Grown from clones in "sea of Green",yields will be about 400 gr./m2 under optimum conditions."

I have it in my sig if any one has a Skywalker clone to trade for?!

14 weeks?? I have let them go for 9 weeks and I felt they were loosing potency. Will have to look into the 14 week theory!!

I do know the longer it cures in a jar the better it gets!!!

Here are some update pics of week 2.....

888Pict0443-med.JPG

888Pict04421-med.JPG

888Pict0447-med.JPG

SAME PLANT AS ABOVE PICS DAY 15
888Pict0448-med.JPG

888Pict04391-med.JPG

Last edited:
G

Hooked-On-Grown - Here's the praise Mazar deserves. I grew it my last grow and I'm still smoking it months later, with many other choices available. I even named my puppy Mazar (Czar for short) after that strain. I had kept two mothers but had to toss them in a security breach. I loved that tall skinny mazar pheno.

Your grow is awesome man. I am totally keeping my eye on your journal.

Hippo

Nice grow buddy
icon14.gif

Personally ive never heard of Mazar going over 9 weeks and that was one of the longer flowering pheno's.

Goodluck
Hippo

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Personally ive never heard of Mazar going over 9 weeks and that was one of the longer flowering pheno's.

I agree, They are definetly ready in 56 days (8weeks) I personally do not like any strain over 10 weeks flowering.

Later

G

I ran DP Mazar from seed, one plant went 55 days, one 65 days, and one 72 days and the 72 day was by far the best as far as taste , bud density and Buzz.

Didn't run any clone stock though so I am not sure about times for clones. But my personal experience was the longer the better with it.

Tex

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
hydroxide............. wow man I love that grow setup whats the flood timer setup?

Hey hydroxide thanks for visiting.;) I run the lights from 8pm to 8am and water at 8pm/12am/4am/8am each cycle goes for 18 minutes.

Rabbitt-420

I might have to get my hands on a clone of that Mazar now that im seeing it grow for the first time.
I say clone because it cuts out the time of vegging and sexing.
Plus 1 clone is just right for 70 watts of hps lol.

Ill be watching these babies reach for the skies with buds.