What's new

3K High pressure Aero-fog system

very nice system. Im running the aerojet 8 tray and its simply amazing. I like how you have that whole 5gal bucket for them to hang into. you must be achieving rediculous growth rates. id like to make a similar custom setup like this. Ill be watching this one

Thanks bud. I've seen those aero trays, they reason I didn't go with them is everything looks too bunched together. The buckets allow me to move them around and space them out. I'm only doing 5 in a 16' by 8' room and expect that room to be full to the ceiling with just those 5 plants.

And you are right, the growth is outta this world! 2-3 inches over night in veg without co2. Even more in flower too!

Lol i'm not planning on keeping the roots off the bottom of the buckets... They hit the bottom after a week in veg and now I can't open them up without it upsetting the plants.

My on/off times went from like 30 seconds on to 15 minutes off in the first few weeks of veg. Slowly dialing back the time as more roots established to where it is now at 15 seconds on 45 minutes off but remember i'm only running 5 foggers so it doesn't take as long to fill the lines and spray all the buckets as I'm sure it would a 30 bucket system.

I've put a screen over the drains in the buckets so the roots won't clog the outgoing waste lines.

Are you not worried about the roots sitting in the solution at the bottom of the buckets?

Ever consider running shorter cycles; i.e. a couple of seconds on and five minutes off or something like that?

And I don't have a 30 bucket system; one system (4" PVC DIY Coliseum), just with 30 misters.........I also put screens in my pipes so the roots from the upper plants wouldn't block the lower mister (two misters per column, one at the top and one in the middle).

EDIT: if you haven't already, you should take a look at a thread on here by "FOAF" - you'll know which one :)

Attachments

• 1.28.11 014.jpg
    1.28.11 014.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1.28.11 017.jpg
    1.28.11 017.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.28.11 016.jpg
    1.28.11 016.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 16
id like to make a similar custom setup like this. Ill be watching this one

It was super easy to make. You could probably complete it in one day. The biggest pain was filling all the leaks, after that smoooth sailing. I only stop by every 30-48 hrs to check on them. Its pretty damn close to fully automated

Are you not worried about the roots sitting in the solution at the bottom of the buckets?

Ever consider running shorter cycles; i.e. a couple of seconds on and five minutes off or something like that?

And I don't have a 30 bucket system; one system (4" PVC DIY Coliseum), just with 30 misters.........I also put screens in my pipes so the roots from the upper plants wouldn't block the lower mister (two misters per column, one at the top and one in the middle).

Sweet set-up! Do you achieve good growth/yield in the coliseum? I'd like to try one of those but it looks too crowded for the plants, imo.

i've tried running shorter times but this system is all about budget! Why waste h20 and nutes when the plants don't need them? They are fine with the long off time, it actually makes them drink up almost all the spray as soon as it comes out.

Like I said in teh first post, since the fog is so fine and in a 100% humid climate almost all the water/nutes are absorbed instantly and any run off just goes out of bottom and the run off very minimal. Its really just there from the veg cycle when I had longer spray times.

I noticed when I set the timers to 15 sec on 15 min off I was flying through h20 and nutes to the point where I was filling my 55 gal res religiously every day. Think of all the nutes I was putting into that. Almost a gal every week. Now I fill it about once a week.

Just put plants in there two days ago, so we'll see :)

It's designed to be a vertical SOG, so crowded is kind of the name of the game with that.

And you wouldn't waste anymore nutes/H2O if you went to two second on times and six minute off times; you're currently at a 1 second/3 minute ratio, I'm just suggesting breaking up that 5/15 cycle into a 2/6 cycle (or even smaller, if possible).

The experienced HP aero guys I find online (few and far between, unfortunately) all recommend going as low as possible with on times.........my setup isn't ideal for HP aero (4" PVC isn't large enough, and the HP aero was a conversion made after the system was built), but when I switch it up I'm gonna take advantage of the industrial timer I have and go to sub one second feed times.

Attachments

• 1.29.11 008.jpg
    1.29.11 008.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.29.11 014.jpg
    1.29.11 014.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the food for thought! I gotta break out some paper and see the cycle times and crap.

That vert coliseum looks wild, i'll be looking for more pics in the future.

edit: That timer looks bad ass, sub one second? damnn. I'm just running a art-dne recycle timer. How much did you cop that timer for?

grow101

That biocontrols site says < 50 microns (not 0.05 microns), that's what I thought and in addition that is good :D

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
heres a grow i did last winter with aerojet8 tray in 5x10 tent

heres a grow i did last winter with aerojet8 tray in 5x10 tent

check it out...

My pump stays on nonstop.

Thanks for the food for thought! I gotta break out some paper and see the cycle times and crap.

That vert coliseum looks wild, i'll be looking for more pics in the future.

edit: That timer looks bad ass, sub one second? damnn. I'm just running a art-dne recycle timer. How much did you cop that timer for?

Timer is the ATC 422 and was ~$80, but remember to get the mounting plate for it, which is another $5.

I also have that Cap and use it on my EZ 120, but that's nowhere near as accurate as this one - this one can accurately go to .1 seconds without an issue:

http://instrumentation-central.com/ATC/422.pdf

little under a month to get from clone to 30 inches

Just got the botanicare turbo garden aero setup running so hopefully veg time will be cut to 2 weeks. one week for shock/transition into the buckets, one week with veg nutes then flip to bloom.

Even tho the turbo garden has 14 sites i'm only using 8 so I can space them out and grow some trees! I'll only move the biggest 6 into the buckets and then just give the other clones away.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Running Riot How many gallons and where did you get the blue nute rez? I would use them for my plants

Dankbudd

Hey ravi,

Do you know if the atc timer 422 could be hooked up to 12v light sensor?

I have a aquatec 200psi 12v dc pump and want to use this timer and have the pump turn on only at lights on. except I wouldnt know if the timer would loose track of time when there is no power??

Me2

Its a cycle timer, losing track of time wont make a difference.
Hook the timer into your light contactor/relay and it`ll operate with the lights, you don`t need a light sensor.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking at your cool ass meter, 1270ppm is very high for HPA. Flower between ~ 800-900

hth