What's new

36DD 3x600 CEA COCO Gro attik style!

Just started a new round. Got some time on my hands for a bit so i thought I try to do a journal.

I have taken something that happens everyday in nature (weeds growing) and elevated it to an incredibly complex and expensive hobby! Growing in the desert where temps outdoors exceed 100 degrees is hard enough, doing it in an unvented attik space can be painfull.

Stephen Colbert would be proud, I bet I'm the least green grower on the planet (The market has spoken).
I am working diligently to make the system more effecient.

So here's how to double your electrical usage and buy 3X the equipment!

4 X 12' 5' height 100% sealed homebuilt box.
36 Double Dutch indica in 2 gallon containers, will take the best 27 or 9 per 600.
100% coco mostly used!
3 x 600w Ushio HiLux hps Bulbs.
3 Lumatek 600w ballasts.
3 Fresca Sol Water cooled reflectors.
1/2 hp homebuilt chiller.
70 pint LG dehuey with watercooling.
8k btu GE window shaker air conditioner.
digigro timer/room controller with telaire co2.

Here's a shot of the box with all of the doors off, 3 doors cover the entire face and are removed easily for access. You can also see the dehuey, the AC, co2 hose, sulpher burner, co2 sensor and timer board.
picture.php

This is the 100 gallon rez for the watercooling. That's the chiller on the floor, it's made from a window air conditioner. The tuffbox catches the condensate from the dehuey.
picture.php

This is the back of the dehuey with a heater core attached to remove the heat it generates. It blows out cold air now.
picture.php

No flow switch will kill power to the lights if water stops flowing through it. It is tested weekly. We also have a 90f degree cut off set in our timer/controller.
picture.php

Will get some shots of the clones starting to take root tomorrow.

Here are the double dutch clones. My last round with this strain was real nice.
Also shown is the relay board and 6 30 amp relays that control everything.

Clones haven't taken off yet. They are in a little bit of a transplant funk! they are starting to put on some new growth, so things should start to move soon.

Attachments

• distro.jpg
    distro.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21
  • cuts 1.jpg
    cuts 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 13
Well the clones are awake and starting to move. they're a little pale but are starting to green up. Not very exciting at this moment, so I'll post an update at least once a week.
The environment is dialed in and things will start to ramp up.
picture.php

picture.php

Wow, clones are a rockin. Probably veg for about 1 week and then flip.

Feeding GH Maxi-grow @ 1.5 tsp per gallon. this brings my tap water right to 5.8-5.9 range. Calmag about 25-40 ml per 5 gallons. Bumped the temps up into the low 80's and the co2 is at 1000ppm.

Should get a bit more exciting in a few weeks!

Plants are ready to flip. I think I'll give them a little trim, inspect and treat for bugs and flip tonight. Will post pics later tonight.

ogenko

looking good budley
always thinking of trying coco as a backup
lets see how its done =)

sure you dont wanna let em veg a few more days??

looking good budley
always thinking of trying coco as a backup
lets see how its done =)

sure you dont wanna let em veg a few more days??

Thanks!

I only have 5' of height to work with. I think I am going to go ahead and run all 36. I flipped last night but today will be their first day sleeping in.

I really like COCO, I handwater, can move the pots around and it gets hydro results. Drain to waste rules! I use a shop vac to suck up the excess. I use cheap ferts so it's not so hard!

Here they are last night after a bit of a haircut, i removed many of the bottom branches and pinched the suckers. They will stretch to within a foot of my 600s which are 1" from the ceiling, so once they get there there's no going up.

The interior of this space is 3'9" X 11'9", Very reflective and completely sealed. 0 light escapes the grow area.

picture.php

They are currently getting 1500ppm co2 and a full dose of maxi gro, will start to transition over to maxi-bloom starting tonight an over a 7 day period depending on how they look. Temps are a very stable 83f and humidity is at 60%. this is the best this system has run. The cooler season really helps and the watercooled dehuey has reduced the AC running 80%. That was a good 30 dollar investment.

Everthing is cruising along nicely. Temp, RH is very stable which is nice. Dam I love this time of year! Did a sulpher burn today (their last night) for 30 minutes and programmed my controller to do one every Wednesday @ 1:00.

Not much to show so I'll go a night without pics, especially since my camera sucks, hoping to get a new one soon.

quick update, things are progressing nicely.

picture.php

The sealed environment is totally running itself at this point. I just ad water and nutes, keep an eye on things. Fresh Co2 refill may take me all the way to the end of this one.

picture.php

picture.php

I've had a bit of time to really hang out and dial the system in, I usually only get 1/2 hour at a time once a day to tend them and see the results of any changes I've made.

My last night off is tonight so it will be back to the grind and the rushed waterings!

Girls are really filling out nicely. They're really hungry all the time. I was trying to give them sraight water every 4th feed but they wont have it or even 25-50%. I'm going to give them the flush then full strength. I've heard good things about drip clean, and may try it. Is it for real or more snake oil?

I'm going to give them another trim tonight and move em around a bit. Will post pics tonight.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Whats wrong wit snake oil?!?
I eat a tablespoon a day and have perfect health
and have been alive for 107 years now!!
LOL I read all over the threads about Drip Clean
but have never used it myself
Cheers!

Whats wrong wit snake oil?!?
I eat a tablespoon a day and have perfect health
and have been alive for 107 years now!!
LOL I read all over the threads about Drip Clean
but have never used it myself
Cheers!

Well I bought a bottle, we'll see f it works.

some pics at 7 days 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

as Dudesome put it: bam bam bam this gro is oooon....

Latest posts

Latest posts