What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JetLife175

Veteran
Not a skunk then. The real skunks have zero terpenes and 15% Cannabinoids. Dripping with fatty acids being broken down into butanethiol though.

Terps taste horrid y themselves and don't get you high. Not sure why any breeder would want elevated levels. Skunk that eats blueberries is nice, but if i could have only one.. Who's gonna pick the blueberry scent with no flavor over the skunk with flavor?

The first breeder to say FUCK TERPENES I'll send you a million dollars through PayPal for getting America's head out of Marlboroughs ass. There is no skunk, diesel, armpit, or pussy terpene.

You don’t science much, do you?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Nl#5 was indica no? Wasnt it related to maple leaf indica or maple leaf is an inbred nl line

Exodus cheese and sheff bluez clones are the oldest and dankest skunks ive got... both sensi seeds sk#1 phenos of 89/90

Nl#5 x exodus is also available but i hate the taste with a passion... nl#5 tastes like parma violet sweets.. its like a floral purple taste and its intensified heavily in this cross... most nl#5 crosses carry that terp.. its like marmite

Breadwizard

NL5 is an afghani (from Seattle greg back cross with a touch of Hawaiian sativa (rumored the Hawaiian is of Mexican heritage)

Afghan x (afghan x Hawaii)

More details in the NL5 thread.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
White Label Seeds seems to have some of the original strains. At least, they are using the old names. I see a lot of Skunk #1 and Northern Lights names. Not sure how original the genetics actually are.

I am getting ready to order some seeds from OregonEliteSeeds and they carry this breeder. Claims to be an offshoot from Sensi Seeds.

ambertrichome

Veteran
The Original NL5 is clone only.

What Sensi sold as NL5 is a Hybrid. Though, it USED to be Killer. I have seeds of the original 89 NL5.

Nevil also had the Original clone.

Swami Organic Seeds also has the original clone, and he says its really some kind is Indonesian, and the buds look like clay on sticks, and covered with resin.

He is going to have a original NL5 x Nevils 88 LTD Release NL5/Haze BX to NL5 in the fall. Hes breeding for NL phenotype, and from what Ive seen, I want to be first in line to get some of them. They were going to be available last year, but the fires ruined everything he was going to release

Who has the Original Skunk 1??

Todd McCormick.
He has Mel Franks Orignal Sk1 that SW gave him in the early-mid 80s.

Hes also written books with Mel. He is legit. $20 a seed though, and $25 shipping. But 1 seed.. $25 shipping.

When The Nature Farm had the Sk18 Terpene Tested it came back with a Terpene Profile that was 92%+ Isopulegol, which is a Very Rare Terpene to begin with, and to have it as a Main Component, is extremely rare.

isopulegol
Isopulegol, the chemical precursor to menthol, is a terpene found in cannabis that is known not just for its minty smell, but also for its anxiolytic, gastroprotective and anti-convulsive properties. In 2007, researchers decided to study the behavioral effects of isopulegol in animal models which showed its potential depressant and anxiolytic properties. It could very well be deduced that cannabis strains high in isopulegol are more likely to have a relaxing effect on medical marijuana patients. Two years later, more research was �published and claimed that in addition to reducing stress, isopulegol could be used to treat chronic seizures. Isopulegol has also been found to prolong the latency of seizures and decrease the mortality rate of mice suffering from seizures by modulating GABA receptors.� Another study published in 2009 also proved that this terpenoid could be used for its anti-inflammatory and gastroprotective properties. This study, which was again completed on mice, showed that isopulegol "presents significant gastroprotective effects in both ethanol- and indomethacin-induced ulcer models."

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Nevil never got the origibal clone.
He got nDn Jim's cut, which was NL5 x NL2

NLG didntvtrust Jim or Neville.

I talked to NLG directly when BEL gave me the pure Hawaiian, original NL, and 1st Blueberry(1980-81), as well as some others.

Nature Farm has an amazing seed library.
But his Skunk is really '88 Super Skunk.

Q

ambertrichome

Veteran
Its not the same SS I had in the 80s. Ive been buying seeds, since they been available, and these aren't the same. Ive also heard these are Pre Sk1. Sk1.2 or something before having any Thai added to them.

I know the test they did on them for Terpenes and Sk18 had the main terpene as Isopulegol, which is already a rare terpene, but almost unheard of as a main terpene. Isopulegol was 92%+ of the terpene makeup. and also have No close relatives vs Plylos testing.

I went through over 800 tests, and NONE of them had this as a main terpene.
They also tested Sk1, and it does not matchup with Sk18, which makes me suspect they aren't related. Terpenes are not even close. Sk18 also had No close relatives, out of over 4000 entries.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I Ive also heard these are Pre Sk1. Sk1.2 or something before having any Thai added to them.

G `day AT

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story ...
When ? and Where ? did Thai get added to Skunk ????

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yeah, no Thai in Skunk.

Ive worked with the 78 Skunk and made some crosses. (My F2'S were stolen)
Lots of Mexican, I also suspect Durban. And at least one Affy.

Its possible TNF never got the breakdown on his line I was given. Or he knows and also knows a good story sells better than the truth.

Ive already bee. Talked to for revealing what I was told in secret, so Im not gonna break it down any more.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Their were 2 cuts, Nevil's NL#5 that came from seed, and the American NL#5 clone that was inferior to Nev's NL#5.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Its not the same SS I had in the 80s. Ive been buying seeds, since they been available, and these aren't the same. Ive also heard these are Pre Sk1. Sk1.2 or something before having any Thai added to them.

I know the test they did on them for Terpenes and Sk18 had the main terpene as Isopulegol, which is already a rare terpene, but almost unheard of as a main terpene. Isopulegol was 92%+ of the terpene makeup. and also have No close relatives vs Plylos testing.

I went through over 800 tests, and NONE of them had this as a main terpene.
They also tested Sk1, and it does not matchup with Sk18, which makes me suspect they aren't related. Terpenes are not even close. Sk18 also had No close relatives, out of over 4000 entries.
Why Phylos seemingly shows "no relatives" on Skunk18 is, i believe, because their "new" web site platform hasn't been updated properly with the information they type in (human error).
Phylos doesn't show relations with many samples since they changed their web site abit.
Here's one example of a X18 sample from DNA. Here's how it looked like during the old first version of their web site:

picture.php

And here's how it looked like since they changed the web site to new version ..."No relatives"

picture.php

So it is just an human ERROR why any relatives aren't showing for some of the samples.

And here's what it actually states on the written text for "Uncle Fester's Skunk18" if you read it more carefully ..it REALLY HAS RELATIVES ON PHYLOS, but because this data input error, like with the X18 sample, these related samples on Phylos aren't showing up.

It's even related to Skunk (would you believe it!!!?) if you read the text more carefully!

picture.php

picture.php

The false information, that there's Thai in Skunk 1 comes from Sensi Seeds

"The original Skunk hybrids fused traditional cultivars from Central and South America, Afghanistan and Thailand."
https://sensiseeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/skunk-1#description

I reality Skunk 1 is Afghan/ Columbian x Mexican

It was an Afghan/Columbian Gold X Acapulco Gold. This is well known.

-SamS

..but you're not gonna let this "pre Sam Skunkman" skunk fairy tell go this easily, ay Amber? You're gonna keep repeating the false info again and again and again. Just like you have done for few years now, no matter what others tell you, no matter what quote from Sam we show you.
Some of you Americans like fairytales more than facts it seems. Not meaning every Amercan, but a noticable portion. Some of you like to hype things up cause you think you're special and you supposedly got/know something the rest of the world doesn't. And you're not gonna change your views cause your egos are too big to admit to any mistakes; in other words "you're not a quiter". Some of you Americans just are never wrong and you won't quit no matter what, ay.

Alex Jones is a good example. bless him. He's from Texas. The Big Tex. There's alot of proud people living in Texas. And they're all proud to be Americans.
"2 + 2 = 5 god dammit. Cause that's what my daddy told me and we're proud to be Americans. I'm not a turn coat, i love my family and i love my country. In America we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH so move to China if you don't like it. Love it or leave it, that's what my daddy always said. 2+2=5" :biggrin:

You've seen the quote from Sam many times here, where Sam tells us Skunk 1 is Columbian/Afghan x Mexi, but you're still gonna go with this Thai-bullshit, aren't you. = it's a mistake by Sensi Seeds, mate.

There is no pre-Sam Skunk. Let it go. It's just silly now.

Don't take my ranting too personally, Amber. i havn't slept too well and i'm just ammusing my self abit. Peace.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day GC

NL Greg said he smuggled his NL #5 into Holland in a terrarium .
So this is my question . Did Nevil get to use Greg`s NL #5 cutting to make hybrids and then later not allowed ?

His track record of promising not to repro and sell wasn`t very good .

Greg also said the Indian was not in his Northern Lights Crew . They were Vietnam Vets . The Indian`s son was a serviceman so they helped him out .
The Indian had inferior cuttings to what Greg and his crew were holding .

For whatever reason NL Greg went under ground and Nevil lost contact . That`s why he went Seattle to meet the Indian . Trying to track down the NL Crew ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GoatCheese

Veteran
G `day GC

So this is my question . Did Nevil get to use Greg`s NL #5 cutting to make hybrids and then later not allowed ?

Greg also said the Indian was not in his Northern Lights Crew . They were Vietnam Vets . The Indian`s son was a serviceman so they helped him out .

For whatever reason NL Greg went under ground and Nevil lost contact . That`s why he went Seattle to meet the Indian . Trying to track down the NL Crew ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .
I'm not too well read on NL5, I have only read the same info flowing around the forums as everyone else. You prolly know more about it than i do, Elmer.
..and i actually don't like NL5 that much. It's hyped up "legend" but i say that about alot of things today, don't i. LOL. That's why i'm not too passionate about it.

The afghani in it is something i turn away from; boring, lethargic effect, thou the pine taste in some NL5 phenos is really nice. But to me the effect isn't so great. I like Ortega (black Domina) and Afghan T (super skunk etc) type effects way more.

I can't say if Nevil did any work with NL Greg's cutting, but to me the picture of Nevil's cut and the pics on the web of the USA NL5 cutting look fairly different. And to me the NL5 that is in C99 is the Nevil's pheno; Bros Grimm new Cindy99 has phenos that look quite alot like Nevil's NL5; stout and abit too leafy.

But for me, i don't like what Nevil's Nl5 bring to the hybrids, nor did i like the US NL5 used in BCSC's NL5; mongy, boring, lethargic effect

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day GC

I don`t think it was intended as party weed .
Developed by Vietnam Vets for PTSD is my take .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thcvhunter

Veteran
G `day GC

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Greg reached out to me a couple years back when i got the HI and NL seedlines.

Nevil was not allowed to get the NL5.
So he made that trip.
Greg said no again, so Necil goes to Jim.
Jim tells nevil that this clone and these seeds are NL5.
But, Greg only gave Jim and his kid NL5xNL2 clon ed and seeds.

So later in A'Dam when NL5 is goingvaround, Nevil doesnt grab it because he thinks he already has it.
Nevil releases the NL5xNL2 seedline as NL5.
So the NL crew renames the real NL5 to avoid confusion.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
G `day GC

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Greg reached out to me a couple years back when i got the HI and NL seedlines.

Nevil was not allowed to get the NL5.
So he made that trip.
Greg said no again, so Necil goes to Jim.
Jim tells nevil that this clone and these seeds are NL5.
But, Greg only gave Jim and his kid NL5xNL2 clon ed and seeds.

So later in A'Dam when NL5 is going around, Nevil doesnt grab it because he thinks he already has it.
Nevil releases the NL5xNL2 seedline as NL5.
So the NL crew renames the real NL5 to avoid confusion.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Ive read Nevil didn't get the real clone before.

Any of that's in seed form though is a hybrid.

Swami has the original clone, but used the Nevils 88 release at F4 of NL5/Haze as a male, and then backcrossed a male of the F1 back to the original clone. I cant wait to try those later on when available. I grew the Swami NL5/Hz, and it was very potent, but very long flowering. Ours best plant went 95 days.

Latest posts

Latest posts