What's new

304 vs 316 Stainless for Closed loop systems

flatslabs

The oil free compressor version is the huge commercial unit linked previously., so maybe I have the model numbers mixed up. The one you guys just posted is not oil free, but as I understand is being tested with hemp seed oil as a lubricant.

The oil free compressor version is the huge commercial unit linked previously., so maybe I have the model numbers mixed up. The one you guys just posted is not oil free, but as I understand is being tested with hemp seed oil as a lubricant.

According to the specs on this smaller unit, the CM2000 incorporates 1/2HP oil-free compressor. I have received no response form them as of now.

flatslabs

Their model numbers usually include EP for the explosion proof motor casing from what I have seen, so if history repeats itself, it would be the (hypothetical) CMEP2000 we would be interested in. Both oil free, and explosion proof... Just being oil-free, well I can get a promax 6000 for 500 bucks if you know what I mean.

So maybe I should clarify. There is a small oil free unit, that is not explosion proof. The explosion proof, oil-free unit, that is rated for r6000 is the CMEP6000, which as I recall costs around $6500 USD, in which case see my point about the haskel and compressor. In my opinion there is no reason to buy a Chines oil free pump if it is not explosion proof as there are several other readily available models for cheaper: ie: RG6000

flatslabs

These are the Chinese unit's eco green is planning to sell. Saw the smaller unit in use up in PDX last week.

I will let GW chime in, but the eco green ones are using hemp seed oil for the lubricant. Until I see the test results he was talking about for residuals, I will keep on keeping on.

jpdnkstr

Lets move all this pump talk to the proper recovery pump thread..... I think we're done with the 304 vs. 316 debate.?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will let GW chime in, but the eco green ones are using hemp seed oil for the lubricant. Until I see the test results he was talking about for residuals, I will keep on keeping on.

"Product Description

Explosion-Proof recovery pump designed specifically for hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants such as R290, R600 and R600a. This unit is so quiet that you will barely even hear it running! The vapor recovery rate is very fast at ±37.0 lbs/h. It is equipped with a 1/2 horsepower hermetically sealed oil compressor, pre-charged from the factory with nontoxic hempseed oil lubricant, and a built-in 2 stage oil separator. High pressure (550 psig) and low pressure (-11.5″ HG) shut-off protection circuits are built in to this machine but can be overridden at the users discretion by the push of a button. The inlet and outlet ports are both 1/4″ SAE male flare.

Power: 115v/60HZ

Weight: 45.9 lbs.

Dimensions: 18.9″(L) x 8.7″in(W) x 14.6in(H)"

$1,250

- See more at: http://ecogreenindustries.net/produ...ecogreenindustries.net/product/recovery-pump/

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://ecogreenindustries.net/product/recovery-pump/ It is also on ECOGreen for 1250 and it IS oiled with with Hemp seed oil...

Any info on this?

We are currently testing this pump on hemp seed oil and so far it works, is faster than an Appion, and quiet.

Yet to be determined, is if the hemp seed oil will stand up to the test without breaking down, if the equipment will stand up lubricated with hemp seed oil, and what contaminants it might add to the butane.

It is not oil less, and we have filters to clean up the pump discharge, but the current ones don't last long, can only be regenerated a limited number of times, and are expensive, so we are also looking at alternatives there.

IlDeuceIV

Is the Gast > secondary tank > promax still the next best thing to having haskel pneumatic as far as speed and safety are concerned? Have gast on order but 6week lead time will keep it out of my hands another couple of weeks. Haskel obviously is best but I can't power or conceal the compressor in my residential setting.

Patiently awaiting sub $3k purpose built pump, but until then....

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the Gast > secondary tank > promax still the next best thing to having haskel pneumatic as far as speed and safety are concerned? Have gast on order but 6week lead time will keep it out of my hands another couple of weeks. Haskel obviously is best but I can't power or conceal the compressor in my residential setting.

Patiently awaiting sub $3k purpose built pump, but until then....

Like most of the pump currently being used for this purpose, the Gast works well, but isn't rated for the purpose.

IlDeuceIV

Much thanks GW,

I understand your hesitancy to endorse any pump not rated for the job.

My partner and I owe you a few steak dinners and truly appreciate your tremendous contributions to this industry

Latest posts

Latest posts