What's new

300w vertical hps sq, ppp, sadp x sk1

G

hi all :wave: I've got 3 Nirvana PPP, 1 Sam the Skunkman's SADPxSK#1 and 2 Mandala Speed Queens surrounding 2 150w hps hung on top of each other in vertical cool tubes cooled by a lasko blower fan, but I'm going to hook up an 8 inch inline duct fan I have lying around instead to free up the lasko for use in my veg cab. Plants are being fed using the Lucas formula. For odor control I have a diy carbon filter attached to a stanley blower, which works really well. Cab size is about 3x2.5x3 for flower and the veg cab is half that. In the veg cab I have an assortment of clones. most are from the biggest, bushiest PPP I pheno I have, the rest are either SADPxSK#1 or the tallest, fastest growing PPP I have. the veg cab is powered by 6 23w cfls. I have a 70w hps gathering dust, trying to figure out creative to do with it... any ideas?

looking in with the door open, it's a jungle! 9 days into flower

clone 1

all 8 clones

I'll take more pictures tomorrow night when I water, didn't feel like disturbing the girls too much tonight.

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
viva la resistance!!!

viva la resistance!!!

i hope that lone south african durban poison is female, im a fellow 150w hps grower....put the 70w hps in, way better than just cfls.

G

the sadp is female. had 2 out of 10 germ and one was male, one female. I would put the 70 in the veg cab but it's too hot :badday: i'm thinking of putting it in a 7 gallon bucket I have and using it to make seeds. going to take some more pictures right now, should have them up within 30 mins

G

speed queen 1. lighter green color, little smell

speed queen 2. dark green color, fruity smell. my favorite of the two :redface:

side shot of the sadp. real stretchy plant, a lot of the upper leaves are mutated and only have 3 points on them. not sure how it's gonna turn out... hoping for the best

clones. all are about 3 in. tall. I've been pruning off the 3rd lowest full set of fan leaves to help encourage side branching. seems to work well. planning on topping them in a couple weeks

G

the sadp hermied on me. just spent about 20 mins picking off the nanners, not sure yet whether I want to chop the whole plant or not.

have some of rez's dsd on the way from sb... thinking about hanging the lights in the traditional horizontal/scrog for growing them

19 days into flower now.

trying to upload pics, but the processing page keeps giving me errors. will try doing it again after i get some lunch.

Last edited:

Propoline

Nice plants you have out there la resistance, sorry to hear about herms. What are your temps in there, and how much noise is that lasko making? Would it be possible to silence it down with muffler or something, that would it be possible to sleep in the same room?

good luck with your grow

Propoline

Last edited:
G

Temps range between 71-84. I sleep with my bed up next to the cab with the stanley on the medium setting and lasko on full. Can't hear the Lasko one bit, it's almost totally silent. No need for a muffler at all. The Stanley just makes a sound kinda like standing next to an outside dryer vent. I can sleep through it just fine.

Last edited:
G

some good new, some bad news

some good new, some bad news

first the good news... doing a lot of work updating my cooltubes, looking pretty clean i do believe, will have pics of them up in the morning/afternoon after i go to pick one last thing up from the hardware store

now the bad news

found about 20 more male flowers on the sadp. i decided to pull it and try to grow it in a separate area with a 23w 2700k cfl. sure, i may not get much or it could even die, but with all the bud sites it has, why let it go to waste? i'll be satisfied with a couple grams. plus, it'll probably pollinate itself, so i can have fun throwing the seeds around. I broke about 10 inches off the top of it to make it fit into a 7 gallon bucket from chlorine tablets that I have. it's like a normal five gallon, but a few inches taller. and yes, i made sure to wash it out well. I had to kind of bend/break the branches a bit and moved them around inside in a circular formation along the outside of the bucket. doing this made a little bit of a cavity in the middle of the plant where the bulb will reside. thinking about putting some chicken wire around the bulb to keep the plant from touching it. no fans, little ventilation, we'll see how it goes. should be fun! pics of this tomorrow also

Y

YwouldntI

nice -man i hear alot of people havin probs. gettin the sapd to germ i havesome too i always work with clones and i want to germ these

Doug_Marsh

Really nice! I have a friend doing some sadp x sk1 along with some double strawd can't wait to see what the sadp x sk1 smoke turns out like I love skunk#1 and I have smoked
some pretty good durban posion back in the day so if its anything like those to strains put together it should be killer. Thanks for all your help I'll be following this thread closely. Good luck on your grow~

G

update. day 38 of flower. expecting a little under an ounce off one sq, about a half off the other, and over an ounce for each ppp, maybe two+ off of one of them

just received 10 dsd and they're currently in a paper towel germing. also got 5 free mississippi mud... looking forward to growing them later

uploading photos right now hopefully it works :cuss:

edit: not letting me upload... wish i could show you guys, they're getting big

Last edited: