What's new

3000W SCROG inspired by the "Doc"

LEDNewbie

Veteran
here is a general question that anyone who has experience can answer. Like I'm sure all of you have delt with this when growing you get some plants that are bigger than others. If you want to try and make the smaller plants catch up in size do you place those directly under the light for the most intense light or do you keep them furthest away that way they stretch a little more??

Thanks guys, will be putting plants in there final resting places and under the scrog table in a few days and would just like to know where the "runts" of the litter are better off being placed. Thanks:thank you:

catalyte

Veteran
your grow settup is sick!

maybe those plants could use some more humidity and or foliar feeding with some CalMag. Just a thought...

peace

Mister_D

Veteran
here is a general question that anyone who has experience can answer. Like I'm sure all of you have delt with this when growing you get some plants that are bigger than others. If you want to try and make the smaller plants catch up in size do you place those directly under the light for the most intense light or do you keep them furthest away that way they stretch a little more??

Thanks guys, will be putting plants in there final resting places and under the scrog table in a few days and would just like to know where the "runts" of the litter are better off being placed. Thanks:thank you:

Put the smaller plants under primo light so they will catch up :biggrin:.

medicalmj

Veteran
More lumens = more potential growth.

But I usually don't flower runts until they catch up or I put on edge of most direct lighting if I must flower. I find that placing the vigorous in best lighting area produces the most final yield. Runts just never catch up if placed in flower at same time and use up the best light w/o producing what a better specimen would.

I recently had 2 runts do to a root problem. I fixed it and decided to hold of on flowering for three weeks. From experience those 2 would have had a dismal yield (maybe 2-3 oz). Now I'm looking to get 12-14 oz each.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
More lumens = more potential growth.

But I usually don't flower runts until they catch up or I put on edge of most direct lighting if I must flower. I find that placing the vigorous in best lighting area produces the most final yield. Runts just never catch up if placed in flower at same time and use up the best light w/o producing what a better specimen would.

I recently had 2 runts do to a root problem. I fixed it and decided to hold of on flowering for three weeks. From experience those 2 would have had a dismal yield (maybe 2-3 oz). Now I'm looking to get 12-14 oz each.

DrFever

Veteran
I always found that placing smaller plants on outter sides of lights appeared to get more stretching thus catching up in height
for instance if you had a 10 x 10 room and placed a 1000 watt light right in middle the plants directy under will not be as big as plants on walls as there getting light from reflective material as well stretching for light
LED if your plants are not catching up either raise plants to plant level or move them to walls and plants will stretch
lower lights on plants that are at good height raise lights to plants that are running behind

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I always found that placing smaller plants on outter sides of lights appeared to get more stretching thus catching up in height
for instance if you had a 10 x 10 room and placed a 1000 watt light right in middle the plants directy under will not be as big as plants on walls as there getting light from reflective material as well stretching for light
LED if your plants are not catching up either raise plants to plant level or move them to walls and plants will stretch
lower lights on plants that are at good height raise lights to plants that are running behind

Thanks Doc. :thank you:

There height's are all pretty close in size, some plants are physically bigger than others. Going to place scrog table on top on new years day and fire up 3rd light and commence 12/12:tiphat:

Until then I will let plants to continue to do there thing. Letting them grow some height while I have them spread out. Then right before I place scrog table on top of plants I think I will go around and supercropp everything....

R.C. COLA

Hello! I just joined today and am wondering if the pictures on this thread are deleted or am I still not allowed to view pictures? I have two Iponic controllers and am curious to how LED set his up. Would love to see some pictures.

LEDNewbie

Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 11

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey Doc, updates. Not really much to say:laughing: Was going to flip to flower on Jan 1st but plants just weren't the size I'd hoping they'd be by now. Going to veg for another 1-2 weeks to get them where they need to be. I've also decided to start running C02. Going to pick up the equipment I need tomorrow. Try and speed things up and bit around here:biggrin:

I'll snap some pics later of the girls, still looking healthy and doing there thing.

Been fighting a small gnat situation. Eggs or larvae must have been in the soil from transplanting into big totes as there is no way possible they can get into my grow room. Air intakes have hepa filters. Rooms are entirely sealed 100%, top to bottom. And when I go in and out of the door it's like a chinese fire drill!! I quickly open and quickly close the door. Plus I keep a Hot Shot Pest Strip in my lung room to kill off any possible unwanted pests.

Any how, started with a few gnats, then next day a few more. By a week after transplant my yellow sticky traps were catching at least 10 gnats a day!!!:wallbash: For some people having a few gnats here and there may be acceptable but for me having one around isn't good enough. I had done a light soil drench with the weakest solution of gnatrol that they recommend. A few days later and things were worse. Finally got fed up and decided going nuclear was in order before things got out of hand. After lights went out on Dec31st, I turned all fans off and released a "Pyrethrum Total Release Fogger". Kept fans off and left room sealed up for 6 hours. I then went back into room and gave the soil a little heavier soil drench with the gnatrol this time using there "medium" strength directions. Just went into room this morning and so far soo good, no new gnats on my yellow stick traps. Going to wait another 5 days and release another "Pyrethrum Total Release Fogger" just to make sure and do one more gnatrol soil drench. At that point I should have all those little fuckers taken care of:dance013:

In the future when I'm doing fresh transplants with new soil I'm thinking I will immediately do a soil drench with gnatrol and use there medium-heavy dosage that way any eggs or larvae that may be in the soil should get killed before they have a chance to become adults and start irritating me :moon:

nephrosis

is that "Pyrethrum Total Release Fogger" safe for the plants? if so im going to pick one up asap, seems like im having a small flyer problem too. quick little fuckers on the ground

DrFever

Veteran
Hey Bud yea once you get c02 going hit it to 10,000 ppm for 2 hrs that will annihilate any mite you may have or gnat in your room

DrFever

Veteran
C02 kills there buddy just hammer room 10,000 ppm lights off for like 2 hrs make sure c02 is back to normal levels prior to lights on and your laughing all spiders and bugs breath 02 suffocate them fckers and there gone

nephrosis

C02 kills there buddy just hammer room 10,000 ppm lights off for like 2 hrs make sure c02 is back to normal levels prior to lights on and your laughing all spiders and bugs breath 02 suffocate them fckers and there gone

DUDE! omg, well i guess im going to invest in this shiz. co2 is something iv always wanted but if it helps in those ways im deff going to be getting it for the next grow