What's new

3000W SCROG inspired by the "Doc"

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Lookin clean LED! So no AC? IMO, I'd have put the control board in the veg room vs in your shop. Hopefully no one pokes around too hard. Def lookin forward to seeing your room get under way!

I am all legal. But still don't want anyone to know what I'm doing.

Thought about what you said while designing layout but if someone goes in my garage they'll know what's up!!:laughing: Exhaust fan is whisper quite but you can still hear the circulating fans faintly running in the background. And I'm sure there will be some "odour" lingering inside because I exhaust into my lung room. So I'll just have to keep everyone out. PERIOD!!! Plus my veg room is small enough as it is. Didn't want to lose anymore space....

I honestly don't think I will need A/C at all. Not even in the summer. I'll run lights on at night, and night time here really never gets above 60'ish. Maybe low 70's for a few nights in the summer. Thats it.

Did a 4 day trial run and with my 2 motorized dampers my controller was able to keep my room between 81-83.5 witch is what I had it set to. Then lights off temps slowly dropped. Lowest it got to was 73 right before lights flipped back on again....

Definitely looking forward to doing some "real" runs soon:woohoo:

E

ekomsi

Good luck LED, I did a scrog my first grow, boy did it work great! Im sure yours will too.

vukman

Veteran
Well, I'm subbed in brother.........and sister cause you did say the Mrs. there is licensed too so not sure if she reads these or not but if she does...Hi!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Jungle..;)

I knew you'd find a purpose for that hoist@!!! heheheheh....looking great my friend. The little ladies look great.

Got a little advice for them you transplant them,,, if you want......you can bury them almost up to the first set of leaves and stick that stem into the ground... the girls will push roots out of the stem as well and not to mention it'll give them more stability as well...just a thought. I always do that when transplanting or up potting.....

<add edit>.......in your 4 day dry run,,,,,,,,,there's a fact you missed out on. That is the respiration of the plants. You'll find when you fill up the room and they get to a certain size, the humidity might start to become an issue. Just a heads up for future reference.

Good Luck

Last edited:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Well, I'm subbed in brother.........and sister cause you did say the Mrs. there is licensed too so not sure if she reads these or not but if she does...Hi!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Jungle..;)

I knew you'd find a purpose for that hoist@!!! heheheheh....looking great my friend. The little ladies look great.

Got a little advice for them you transplant them,,, if you want......you can bury them almost up to the first set of leaves and stick that stem into the ground... the girls will push roots out of the stem as well and not to mention it'll give them more stability as well...just a thought. I always do that when transplanting or up potting.....

<add edit>.......in your 4 day dry run,,,,,,,,,there's a fact you missed out on. That is the respiration of the plants. You'll find when you fill up the room and they get to a certain size, the humidity might start to become an issue. Just a heads up for future reference.

Good Luck

Thanks Vukman, I could use a little humidity in there right now!!!!! LOL!!! It's only like 31% once I get them into there proper room I'll crank up the humidifier!!! Get those babies seeing 70-80%....

Figuring I won't need a dehumidifier until 3-4th week into flower. So I'm a good 2 months away. I'm saving my pennies as I would like to get a Santa Fe for the room. That WILL happen just not sure on the funds if it will happen this run. If I can't afford to get the Santa Fe this run I have enough Sears points to get a Danby 65 pint that I will use this round and then save it for back up just in case:)

I understand. I have my room in a similar location, and lots of people over I don't want knowing about it. It does smell earthy, but its a pole barn, so it lets air in, right? ;) And there is some fan whooshing and such, but I keep music on and its not a big deal. Plus, most people aren't looking for something, and won't know. One of my friends tried my room door one day, and didn't notice anything besides asked why it was locked and why I didn't have a key - Other friend uses it for storage and doesn't want us rooting through his shit ;) Simple, no questions asked.

I can't wait to see it running. I think the reason I have issues in the summer is the lack of fresh fresh air. My air comes from my structure, not from outside, and thus its a bit warmer than desired. So winter I use fresh air, and summer I use AC and that's just how it is. Once I build a dedicated long term structure for it (This will last me another 2yrs or so, until I get a place with my name on the deed, or loan paperwork as it would be) I plan to run AC all year long so I can run CO2. That is the only downside to not running AC, you can't run CO2 while exchanging the room air. Or you can, but its a huge waste of CO2 money.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Subbed, V-Nice build man, looking good. One thing are you just running the lep gavita's on their own or combo's with HPS as ive seen most of the other people running LEP's doing?

G'luck with the grow!

macdiesel

You may want to consider getting the iponic away from all the electrical. If you read the instructions, it specifically says not to mount around electric.

DrFever

Veteran
You may want to consider getting the iponic away from all the electrical. If you read the instructions, it specifically says not to mount around electric.

Mounting the iPonic 600

1. First, find a secure location to mount the iPonic 600

controller. The area should be away from
direct sunlight, condensing humidity, water, rain, or extreme temperatures. It should be
mounted in an easily accessible location at the user‟s eye level.
2. Since the iPonic 600

is equipped with a hinged door and a hinged access panel for easy service and
installation, make sure there is adequate workspace, especially below the controller.
3. The iPonic 600

comes with a 115 VAC power cord. Make sure there is a power outlet within
approximately 6 feet. It is recommended that the outlet is not switched and is on a circuit that is
independent of any noisy, high power equipment. The use of a sealed outlet is recommended if the
power output is exposed to moisture.
4. Identify what type of surface you will be mounting the iPonic 600

and use appropriate hardware to
ensure proper mounting and load bearing. Consider the additional weight of the external equipment‟s
power cords.
5. There are 4 mounting holes on the outside of the iPonic 600

. Use the appropriate tools and
hardware depending upon the surface which the unit will be mounted on to.

Where does it say anywhere near electrical ????? only thing i suggested was venting the box and possibly adding a couple PC fans ,

Safety first of course so that complete box should be fairly high and just like mounting instructions says eye level just like most electrical panels and if anyone doesn't know the reason for this ?????
It is in case you get electrocuted being panel is high your body weight will break the connection as you pass out you will fall rather then frying like bacon

LEDNewbie

Veteran

In a away you are correct... BUT I am good to go:biggrin: The biggest concern as far as mounting away from electrical stuff is the sensor wire witch if you look closely you'll see it exits to the right and stays clear away of any wires. If that wire is too close you'll get "interferance" and funny reading on the screen. That is really on the only concern. The unit itself is more than far away enough from my other eletrcical boxes and all the wires that are close by the Iponic are all low voltage trigger wires. I have nothing actually running off my Iponic.:good:

But thanks for your concern:)

nephrosis

OOOOOOOOOO Another thread i will be watching! omg that room looks amazing!!! like honestly i would live in that damn room if i had a food suply and bathroom L O L

Scrogerman

Veteran
Subbed, V-Nice build man, looking good. One thing are you just running the lep gavita's on their own or combo's with HPS as ive seen most of the other people running LEP's doing?

G'luck with the grow!

Scroger, it appears he is running Gavita's alone. There are a few people doing just that, and its recommended by the mfg. They provide everything a plant needs from my research.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Thanks Rom, Yeah i understand the spec, just heard growers saying their better run in combo with HPS etc. which i have been sat on the fence about, untill i see the results.
Ive seen the likes of DnA running them in combo, been wondering ever since. hope to own at least one LEP this year. Cheers

G'Luck

Interesting. I'd like to see them used more. I won't be in the market for about 2-3 years due to not being able to install a minisplit at my current location, but once I can I plan to give them a go. By that point we should have a lot more data on them too!

vukman

Veteran
In a away you are correct... BUT I am good to go:biggrin: The biggest concern as far as mounting away from electrical stuff is the sensor wire witch if you look closely you'll see it exits to the right and stays clear away of any wires. If that wire is too close you'll get "interferance" and funny reading on the screen. That is really on the only concern. The unit itself is more than far away enough from my other eletrcical boxes and all the wires that are close by the Iponic are all low voltage trigger wires. I have nothing actually running off my Iponic.:good:

But thanks for your concern:)

If there is any sort of concerns about this phantom electrical interference, you can always build a Faraday cage around it..

Sounds complicated but very very simple....Take wire screen like the one you would put in a window.
Cover the outside of the unit with it (needless to say, leave the front open)....attach a ground wire from the mesh to a solid ground on a panel. Any ground should do....You now have an isolated, interference free device...(more or less).

Learned this when I needed a 'bug-proof' room......please don't ask...;)..can totally isolate a room so no wireless listening devices can hear you nor can anyone send any signals out if the mesh is fine enough...LOL

LEDNewbie

Veteran
no concerns Vukman, I've done a day test run with ZERO glitches. I'm good to go:tiphat: Thanks for the tip though:thank you:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So today was the big transplant day, transplanted 24 babies into 5 gallon totes!! Normally I'll only be doing 12 at a time but this time since I had them I'll veg 12 under 1000W of Gavita for 4-5 weeks. The other 12 will veg for 3 months under T5's :bigeye: and make me some big bushes for the next round.

was quite a bit more work than I thought but I think everything went well. The girls are currently basking in some sunshine after a long hard day of work:laughing:

What size tote are you going to finish with? You'll see nice growth, going from those tiny pots to 5gal's! I love the instant growth from 0.5gal to 2gal and then again into 5gal's. The roots love to go! Did you mix the soil right there on the tarp? How was that? I may try that vs getting a kitty pool in January when I do a super soil mix.