What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

Persiankid

I had some of the same droopy, weird rust spot bs going on too.. I'm in canna coco smart beds and just use the straight up canna coco line... I thought I had all kinds of different shit going on.. bugs,over watering, ph being too high, just about all the stuff you've covered.. I keep seeing the mention of epsom salt in the feed.. For me and my situation 1-2 teaspoons per gallon in a sprayer was my magic ticket to fixing the droopy, rust spotted, unhappy looking girls...

I sprayed one day at 2 teaspoons per gallon
The next day I sprayed them with a 1 teaspoon/gal mix
and then the third day I sprayed them with plain filtered water
I didn't ph any of my foilar feeds.. my plants were stoked and back to healthy and green after those three sprays... First time i've ever used Epsom salt and now it's on my shelf all the time

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks guys. Just foliar feed girls with Epsom salt. Going back in now to put the trellis on. Pics to follow...

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Yes trellis is on finally. Ran out of zip ties though!!! Will have to get more on Monday. Working all weekend.

Still haven't got my drip system going!! So tough to find the time after working 10 hours a day!!! Will get drip system running monday or Tuesday. Going to be tough to water by hand now with the trellis in place.

BigGreen

Veteran
Its almost impossible. Your gonna need a pump and wand, so ya better get that drip setup

LEDNewbie

Veteran
How do you feed your tea and sea green> through drippers or with a pump and wand? I just feed them right now through my drip system, I have the main quick disconnect setup so I can attach a hose and wand and thats how Ive been feeding right now.

But noticed after the first two weeks my filter completely plugged and I believe its from the Sea Green and possibly Aptus as well.... Tea Ive been feeding my hand with a watering can but now I'm going to have to figure out a better way to feed my tea??? Maybe remove filter on tea day and feed with wand???

OG_TGR

Please correct me if I am wrong here but, isn't the addition of Epsom Salt for the introduction of Mg? I thought also that, the reason that CalMag was formulated as such was to facilitate the proper delivery/uptake of Mg as best allowed by specific levels of Calcium? I have had some Mg def issues before and have successfully used Epsom Salts as a remedy, but haven't even considered using them since I determined that the delivery would be much more thorough and complete with the proper delivery agent.
I'm currently running Coco and have been using 1.5ml/gal of CalMag as a preventative measure, and also for the introduction of Calcium as a potential pH buffer.
Very nice table set up, I would like to try the Gavitas some day!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
From my understanding H&G base has plenty of calcium already in it but is a little low on magnesium. Using a product like cal-mag could in fact be adding too much calcium to your plants which could lead to lock outs and other issues..... I'm definitely no expert but this is what I've read.

Heading out for the morning then gotta work night shift! Will grab some pics tomorrow for you guys.

BigGreen

Veteran
I mix my tea and aptus in a 5 gallon bucket, then drop in my sump pump hooked to a hose and wand and water away. Works great and I can mix anything in there I want and it doest ever go threw my system. It also gives me a nice even soaking of tea

LEDNewbie

Veteran
When u feed tea and Aptus do you do a second feeding of just base with your drippers?

How about tea. Do you brew 2 gallons and dilute it down to 4-5 gallons or brew 4 gallons and feed full strength? I've been brewing 4 gallons and yhen adding another gallon of water and then feeding. So basically full strength. Was thinking of reducing it to 2 gallons of brew then topping with 3 gallons of water. Not sure what to do. Up till now not a single fungus gnat. Nothing. Like to keep it that way!!!! Hahaha!!!!

medicalmj

Veteran
I brew about 4 in a 5 like you. I top feed by hand w just a pitcher. I usually dilute w 1/2 strength nutes. I don't put in my res. I like Big Greens method. While I haven't started using yet, I have the wand with a shut off and a pump. But instead of a sump pump I just use a regular old 285 gph water pump I got from the hydro store.

OG_TGR

From my understanding H&G base has plenty of calcium already in it but is a little low on magnesium. Using a product like cal-mag could in fact be adding too much calcium to your plants which could lead to lock outs and other issues..... I'm definitely no expert but this is what I've read.

Ahhh, I see, makes sense. I had not heard that about H&G and have considered trying it. Good to know!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Sorry for the lack of pics. I'm soo fucking busy lately its ridiculous. Plants are looking healthy. At least I think so!!! Hahahaha.....

Hell I still haven't got my drip system going yet!!!!!! FML!!!! Plants have been receiving one hand watering a day. I bet if they were getting 2-3 drips per day they would be growing even faster! My hope is to get the drip system up and running in the next 2-3 days.

Now that I've had the trellis up and been trellising the plants the past few days I can definitely see the benefits to this technique. Just wish I had the time to install it a week earlier. Oh well.

Screen is about 80% full. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll flip to flower and get this show on the road!!! LoL :cool:

I'll get some pics tomorrow. Gunna have to find the time this week to take clones from these girls as well!!!!!!! Not sure where I'll find the time but I'm going to have to try.

B Dubs

things that stay consistent from grow to grow:

1. get your trellis up early
2. automate your watering

good luck! your room looks nice.

BigGreen

Veteran
My system take about 7 gallons to get get runoff. So I brew 4gallons of tea and cut it in half. Lately I been adding 8 tbls of foliar to help with the gnats so the foliar is at full stregth when I add the water.
I tea or Aptus in the morning then the system feeds base nutes at 4pm. The plants are seeming to love this. Go check it out fresh update shits getting sticky

LEDNewbie

Veteran
things that stay consistent from grow to grow:

1. get your trellis up early
2. automate your watering

good luck! your room looks nice.

Couldn't agree with you anymore!!! Next round ill make sure that trellis is up right away!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
My system take about 7 gallons to get get runoff. So I brew 4gallons of tea and cut it in half. Lately I been adding 8 tbls of foliar to help with the gnats so the foliar is at full stregth when I add the water.
I tea or Aptus in the morning then the system feeds base nutes at 4pm. The plants are seeming to love this. Go check it out fresh update shits getting sticky

Cool. Thanks. For my 35 pot it takes about 5 gallons to get just a little bit of run off. Seems right since my pot are a little smaller than yours.

Since I don't seem to have a single gnat in my garden right now I think I will reduce from full strength tea to half strength that way I'm not going through soo much OG Biowar.

Since I will flip to flower in the next day or two should I keep weaving through the trellis until stretch is completely finished or just for the first 10 days or so of flower? Thanks bud. Heading over to your thread now :biggrin:

BigGreen

Veteran
I cant tell ya when to stop weaving you have to feel your plants. If ya weave to much and they dont stretch in flower you gonna have a bunch of short buds. Start out planning to weave the first week and if there still stretching really good then keep going
I would cut the tea dose as well

Latest posts

Latest posts