What's new

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

thoughtquery

LEDNewbie, How are you diggin those gavitas?

Cannabis cultivation can be simple, I have learned through my explorations of the art that despite what nutrient companies want you to believe you can grow EXCEPTIONAL cannabis on mostly compost and organic matter.

If you youtube Jorge Cervantes' videos he's got a fantastic one of some 10lb plants that are grown in intelligently prepared soil, watered with only water, and top dressed once with bat guano.

There is tons of extremely valuable knowledge on this forum, unfortunately there are also the people who permeate our industry who aren't playing with a full deck. They show themselves fortunately with their less then kind behavior towards others needing a guiding hand.

Most of all, above money, above wanting large quantity, above wanting to get faded with some bomb ass weed, let this fine plant cultivate and grow love and gratitude for what it this plant gives you as it sacrifices it's life for your needs.

Growing constantly,
-Thought

LEDNewbie, How are you diggin those gavitas?

Cannabis cultivation can be simple, I have learned through my explorations of the art that despite what nutrient companies want you to believe you can grow EXCEPTIONAL cannabis on mostly compost and organic matter.

If you youtube Jorge Cervantes' videos he's got a fantastic one of some 10lb plants that are grown in intelligently prepared soil, watered with only water, and top dressed once with bat guano.

There is tons of extremely valuable knowledge on this forum, unfortunately there are also the people who permeate our industry who aren't playing with a full deck. They show themselves fortunately with their less then kind behavior towards others needing a guiding hand.

Most of all, above money, above wanting large quantity, above wanting to get faded with some bomb ass weed, let this fine plant cultivate and grow love and gratitude for what it this plant gives you as it sacrifices it's life for your needs.

Growing constantly,
-Thought

Would love to see jorge grow a 10lb indoors under a scrog.... big difference between outside massive trees and what we work with indoors

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So today I mixed up a very light batch of nutes. Just a light dose of Ozi Tonic. Total EC 0.2-0.4 flashing. Stuff really adds great flavour and aroma to your herb. Been running it with my nutes the past week. So two more feeds with this light nute mix and then straight water for one week.

Any guess' on final yield?

I'll start. 2 zips per plant. 1.5 per light:tiphat:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks guys.

5 more days and I get to chop!!! Will snap some before harvest pics as well as some manicured bud pics. And of course once all dried and cured a final weight. Then last but not least a smoke report.

Today I transplanted my next round into there final 2 gallon smart pots. They will get roughly 1.5-2 weeks of T5 light while I trim and dry this round. By then roots should be pretty well established. I figure 2 weeks of veg under the gavita's should be more than enough to fill the scrog and ill be back under way!!

I will be trying a new nutrient combination now that I have a decent base line. Haven't decided if I will continue to incorporate Aptus nutes in my next round or go a 100% new route?

OG_TGR

My finger has been hovering over the order button on those DC fans ever since I saw them here. I've also went and purchased the same condensate removal pump and I am very happy with it!
What is your opinion on the fans, at this point? All the reviews are great, and at the price of the wall mounted Air King fans (which I have found to be terrible craftsmanshiT and break very quickly) I really don't see how one can go wrong.
Do they seem to move air sufficiently, noisier/quieter, etc?

Looks great man, I am referring heavily to your construction and path here when considering my next endeavor.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
My finger has been hovering over the order button on those DC fans ever since I saw them here. I've also went and purchased the same condensate removal pump and I am very happy with it!
What is your opinion on the fans, at this point? All the reviews are great, and at the price of the wall mounted Air King fans (which I have found to be terrible craftsmanshiT and break very quickly) I really don't see how one can go wrong.
Do they seem to move air sufficiently, noisier/quieter, etc?

Looks great man, I am referring heavily to your construction and path here when considering my next endeavor.

All I can say about the fans is I have two blowing air above my 5x16 canopy and one blowing under my canopy. For this job the fans are moving sufficient air to keep the canopy moving around. Fans have basically been running 24/7 since beginning of last December and are still running fine. Also fans are VERY quiet. So far I'm still very pleased with the fans. Only negative about the fans is they dont stand very tall. I sit my fans on top of a bucket to get the height I need.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey Doc. How are things bud? I'm at day 58 right now. Another 5-6 and I will be done. Learned allot this first round in coco and think I can really make some improvements next round with some more training and a different nute routine.

Can't really complain this round as plants were healthy all the way through. I'm thinking quality will be there with the Aptus nutes but I feel I can improve on my yield going a different route. Plus feeding Aptus once a week is kind of a pain where as my new nutrient schedule will allow me to mix base and additives all in one and run it all week long. Then I will feed plants once a week with the og biowar tea. Will be much simpler for me and free up some time as I don't have any to spare!!!!

DrFever

Veteran
Cool IMO aptus is overrated you give any plant proper nutrients its going to grow
and be healthy