What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

300 Year Old Food Forest in Vietnam

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
in all all aspects its so cool ... i thought this would be the right place to share this

there are no limits with open minds !!

sso

Veteran
it isnt that expensive to go to vietnam, food for a month, costs about 100 dollars and a months stay in a pretty good hotel isnt much more expensive either.

then you can get pretty cheap rates on the travelling there.

could probably do it for about 2500 dollars at the cheapest.

plus vietnamese people are really friendly and hospitable. :)

ICMaggotMe

it isnt that expensive to go to vietnam, food for a month, costs about 100 dollars and a months stay in a pretty good hotel isnt much more expensive either.

then you can get pretty cheap rates on the travelling there.

could probably do it for about 2500 dollars at the cheapest.

plus vietnamese people are really friendly and hospitable. :)

That would be way cool......have you ever seen Anthony Bourdain's Viet Nam episodes? I'd love to sample their cuisine.

I

Iron_Lion

You guys can have one too, it's called forest gardening. You can build one on you own land using plant varieties acclimated to your zone and by arranging them from tallest trees, to shrubs, to climbers and then fungi/ground cover.

M

MrSterling

Food forests are an interesting topic. The furthest North I've seen one is England. There are some YouTube videos about this man who made one for his autistic brother. They're now old men and the forest is very productive.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
can you imagine your grandfather walking you around the family property and teaching you about every plant you see? How fething cool would that be?

They look damn good for being in their 80's too, all that easy living and hard work has payed off it appears

sso

Veteran
That would be way cool......have you ever seen Anthony Bourdain's Viet Nam episodes? I'd love to sample their cuisine.

ive seen a cookshow made in vietnam yes, but i forget if it was anthony. (saw just the one :))

ive been to vietnam twice,
fine place, very varied cuisine.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I liked how the chap says at the end "a view of the past and a view of the future!!"

wonder how long itll take to get back to where we never should have left ??!!

bChiefing

Awesome! I saw ALMOST everything that one would need to survive. Where's the weed at?

now were talking!
laughing.gif

love this guys work though. he finds some of the coolest spots out there