What's new

30 Days Into 12/12 Still No Budding?

growtechn

I've started some R.P. OG Kush and Dinafems Amnesia both sativa dominant. After 16 days of 18/6 in the vegetative stage and due to the size of area I'm growing in. I forced the OG Kush strains into 12/12 of the flowering stage. I'm not seeing any bud production from the OG Kush but the autoflowering Amnesia is starting to produce flower clusters and sweeling daily. Here's some pics.

The Amnesia was a freebie and not photosensitive but shows the difference in strains and bud production times.

mr.brunch

Veteran
plus, non autos generally require about 6 or so weeks of veg to reach maturity or they will continue to veg (slowly) for a good few weeks of 12/12 before flowering, while the autos will kick in after about 2 weeks.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
I wouldn't be to worried due to the sativa heritage. My tomhills haze took about 45 days till she showed signs of flowering. Hope it works out for ta keep us informed!!

Cool Moe

Veteran
Kinda like sending your newborn off to college--very few if any strains respond well to forced flower before reaching sexual maturity. They are dazed and confused, wondering wtf happened and how they're supposed to finish when they barely got started.

growtechn

any light leaks?

mr. brunch, at the moment during the 12 hrs. when the hps is off, I use a F32-T8-Green Plant Light so I can work while the lights are off and I can see what I'm doing. Plus I'm not disturbing the photosynthesis this way and I try to keep the are sealed from any light getting out, or in.

S

SeaMaiden

Kinda like sending your newborn off to college--very few if any strains respond well to forced flower before reaching sexual maturity. They are dazed and confused, wondering wtf happened and how they're supposed to finish when they barely got started.

This is what I've been wondering, because I use seed starts every year and have never done them indoors on a manipulated photoperiod. It's always been natural light, naturally occurring photoperiod. I've never forced a seed to sex early, always just waited for it to happen.

growtechn

ok. how old from seed are they?

This is what I've been wondering, because I use seed starts every year and have never done them indoors on a manipulated photoperiod. It's always been natural light, naturally occurring photoperiod. I've never forced a seed to sex early, always just waited for it to happen.

mr brunch, as of today there are some 62" at 47 days.

SeaMaiden, being sativa dominant they could reach 15' or more if I hadn't adjusted the timer. Due to the size of the area, you have to play the role of mothernature.

Proper

I start seeds out on 24/0 feeding with maxibloom for 2-3 weeks. Then I xplant into bigger container and move under 18/6 lighting for about 2-3 weeks feeding with maxibloom. Then I xplant into bigger container and put under 12/12 and feed with maxibloom. Using this method my plants show sex in 1 week or less. I use no veg ferts my entire grow the maxibloom is 5-14-15, the 5 in nitrogen is PLENTY enough for them. Using this method of using bloom ferts and making the light cycle go from 24/0 to 18/6 to 12/12 builds up flowering hormones in the plant as soon as you switch it from 24/0 to 18/6, then with the 18/6 to 12/12 the flowering hormones go even crazier and yes with 90% of genetics theyll show sex in 1 week of 12/12

mr.brunch

Veteran
if you assume 6-7 weeks veg from seed to reach sexual maturity,that is 42-49 days before they may be capable of preflowering/onset flowering.
so if you are at 47 days, i would say give another 7-10 days before worrying. obviously it is more noticable next to autos, as they tend to be mature and start flowering at 2 weeks, regardless of photoperiod.
hope this helps, keep us updated!
also, if restricted for space i find it better to run sat strains either as clone(then they already mature) or top at 3rd node which throws some growth out sideways instead of straight up!

growtechn

Here's an update 11 days after posting and for all the members that posted and who has been watching for any updates. I've included some pics. I'd like to see more bulk put on by the plants. I want to ask any mods or experts on this forum if this is normal growth for this strain.

Hey growtechn! Just curious myself on your slow flower response time. What wattage are they receiving on the canopy? Obviously you may get a quicker response from a 1000watt light vs using just 600watts. Not too late to make a quick upgrade if this is the case!

growtechn

Hey growtechn! Just curious myself on your slow flower response time. What wattage are they receiving on the canopy? Obviously you may get a quicker response from a 1000watt light vs using just 600watts. Not too late to make a quick upgrade if this is the case!

I only wish I could get a quicker response but thats not the case. I'm using the strongest light made by Sun System Master Blaster hps Bulbs, put on a 10 feet light mover, with coll tube in-line vent fan. I wish the problem was that simple but its top of the line equipment, with like you said, slow response time.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wait for branch growth on plants from seed to go from symmetrical to asymmetrical, a sign of maturity, before flipping, wont have that problem...
jeeeez tom hill haze 45 days before showing signs? wow i am way to impatient for that kinda thing.... maybe if i lived someplace tropical and grew outdoors.

growtechn

wait for branch growth on plants from seed to go from symmetrical to asymmetrical, a sign of maturity, before flipping, wont have that problem...

When I see secondary growth, this has always been a sign to me that the plant has reached maturity.

What about using a window a/c unit in the area. With use the temperatures can reach 62F at night and during days as in th high 80s with co2 use. Could this cause slow bud production.

mr.brunch

Veteran
well after the 11 days(i suggested 7-10) they are showing hairs. remember they have to reach sexual maturity before they will start, which for non autos will be around 6-7 weeks.
they look like nice healthy sat dom plants to me, good luck

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
there are some people who flower from seed. ive seen the finished plants on threads but pretty sure they flowered quite soon.