What's new

3 plus 3=?

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
GMT have you done search on LED lights and their use in root growth?...Have you seen variant in the quads effects? :joint: thank care everyone:xmastree:

Mulle

Can't resist posting an update from my side here, perhaps I should make a thread of my own but this is where I get all my inspiration... :watchplant: Hopefully I can provide some inspiration too!

After letting the seeds from my tri surrogate mother rest for a few weeks after harvest, I decided to go wild and start the second generation.
Put 120 of them in soil, of which 40 where the biggest and 40 were the smallest seeds in the lot, as well as 40 mixed, in different containers.
I remember you mentioning that seed size wasn't a reliable factor at all for finding tris, GMT, but doing it in the name of science anyway!
After a week I had about 80 seedlings, with no true tri yet. While expecting that kind of outcome, it was still a bit disappointing.
Luck, however, turned out to be on my side as a lovely little tri popped up in one of the containers at that point! It turned out to be one of the big seeds, but perhaps that was just coincidence.

While I had my hopes up for at least two tri plants in this batch, I'm still super happy with "just" one. With about 30 seeds not yet germinated as of a few days ago, there's still a chance though.

I also got 4 other interesting seedlings; one appeared to be semi-quad and 3 semi-tri. The very initial leaves were split or heart shaped, as if they were trying to turn quad/tri, but unfortunately the first node of real leaves were simply bi on all 4 of those plants.
I'll still keep those though, hoping for females among them so I can mess around with those genes without getting off track on the "true tri" breeding...

Post is getting long already, sorry! I just have to add a few pictures of the little ones, the pics aren't great but I just have to show off my little lovely babies ... :canabis: Note the vigorous semi-quad!

Next up - slaughtering all of the beautiful, healthy little normal seedlings that I don't have any use for :wallbash:

Are you through that batch of heavy hitting meds yet GMT? :smokeit: Always looking forward to pictures and updates!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm really really sorry about my absense, I'll be back in a cpuple of weeks again and all is well, plants alive, thirty but ok. I'll get detailled responses up to every post, but for now, congrats on the tri Strains the genes were certainly passed on, an incross or backcross now would be good. And from what I've seen Forest they still have a log way to go before they are usable or cost effective.

W

whatissixbynine

I'm really really sorry about my absense, I'll be back in a cpuple of weeks again and all is well, plants alive, thirty but ok. I'll get detailled responses up to every post, but for now, congrats on the tri Strains the genes were certainly passed on, an incross or backcross now would be good. And from what I've seen Forest they still have a log way to go before they are usable or cost effective.

hereditary success?? wow!

Hey glad to see things are good on your end, hope you get tonz of rest!

Strains

couldnt sleep last night, so draw this up from something ive read and seen somewhere. Thought ya all might find the chart informative :D

picture.php

*edit
not sure about the term "ten-threads", its a direct word-to-word translation of the danish term "tentråde"
The "ten-threads" distribute the halves of the chromosome pairs into the 2 new cells under normal conditions.

Uses : To replicate plants, made by crossbreed species, or by doubling the chromosomes of forced haploid plants, to reconstitute their fertility (haploid plants are usually sterile, and propagated via clones, but restoring their fertility means variations in the sexually formed offspring, making new selections possible).
Its also used for doubling chromosomes in ex. Some potatoes, Clovers, forage-grasses and ornamentals, simply to increase size and robustness over the regular plants, increasing profits and maximizing the decorative value.

Last edited:

Mulle

Hi there GMT and everyone following the tri thread - just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! :santa1:
May your days be merry and christmas trees (of all their kinds) be large and pretty! :tree:

Mulle

Woosh, trying to ressurect the tri-thread <mumbles a spell>
Hope you're OK there GMT! Long time no post but I'm sure you have more important things to do :)

Turns out my little true tri was a girl, I'm so lucky! :jump: Going to hit her up with some tri pollen i stored in the freezer, hopefully in a few weeks.
The other interesting plants were all male (one hermaphrodite actually!) except one which didn't show yet, but I think that's a male too...
The tri girl is beautiful though, and I just have to share some pics :dance013:

Take care~

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day Mulle,
Yeah i hope all is well with GMT he hasn't posted in a while, hopefully he is just concentrating on working with the Sandstorm he was ordering

Your tri is looking good

I had a surprise today i found a female that has grown into the tri trait, now this plant is already a freak but 2 of its branches i noticed are tri's but the rest of the plant is normal

i also found a male that has also grown into the tri trait

The strain is somewhat unknown at the moment its a blind test strain from Shantibaba its Haze c
all i know is its 1 part skunk 3 parts Northern lights 4 parts haze

pics
Branch 1
picture.php

Branch 2
picture.php

top of branch 1
picture.php

whole plant
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

i'll get a pic of the male 2morrow

Mulle

Wow, that's an interesting plant you have there Shaun! Is there no blueberry mixed into the strain at all? I think GMT concluded that most of all tris seen around were strains with blueberry somewhere in the mix.
I love freaks, and it's great to see you could keep it :) I wonder if the branches at the tri node will turn tri as well, keep an eye out!

Is the male from the same strain? Maybe you could get a little tri line going then, it sounds like remarkable luck to have both a male and a female showing the trait! If you're able to breed them, I hope you will :)
Would love to see that male pic too, don't see many males in pictures in general and definitely not tris. I wonder why... :YaRight:

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day Mulle, i don't know the strain linage its a new strain fron Shantibaba that i'm testing and its a blind test so i dont know the full genetics but i do know that it is 1 part skunl 3 parts NL and 4 parts Haze
I would have also thought it had some sort of blue line especially witht he crinkle leaf deformation

yes i have a male and female tri i plan to try and breed with

I found these yesterday they are ojd's stinkbomb
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Sorry, I havent even read the responses here yet, and im in a dash, I just had to log in as something in the back of my mind said I had to today, it was wrong lol. Im back next week, just got so much to do and deal with right now, but no troubles just busy. I'll do a full update and some horror pics up once Im back, current stable, my bruised nuts cuts of course, sandstorm and toms x-18 just popped.

SkunkyDemon

Those Tom x-18 are on my wish list, the sound sweet. Cant wait for some pics of those. I would think about saving some pollin and bx that strain.
Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The Horror!

The Horror!

well here's the horror
I also stress tested the sandstorm just to compare and see if its worth playing with, here are the 2 plants I have going of that

picture.php

here's my quad BN cut
picture.php

my tri BN
picture.php

these have been lighted under 4/6/36/3/8/10/12/15/2/5/17 typical lighting times. In other words the switch was flipped as I passed it regardless of how long it was on or off. In addition they weren't watered until wilting, haven't been repotted and are starving with leaves whithering and falling off. Temps have been over 100F and under 0 degrees C. In short, every grower error (other than over feeding) has been made deliberately and repeatedly. Now its time to start the recovery process. The only thing I'll do to help them though, is repot them and start to water them properly while keeping temps within reasonable limits and lighting times sensible.

To co-incide with the return to a serious environment for them, I started off one Tom Hills X-18. Soon I'll add one of Tom's DCs too as he was good enough to send me both to have a look at, thanks Tom. That's why I'm not mistreating his plants. Here is a pic of the X-18, still a seedling but looking good.
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The rocevery process can go better than expected, here is the 2nd pic above photographed today
picture.php

BruisedNuts (quad cut)

The first pic in the above post showed 2, both were female so i kept the bigger one and here she is today

Sandstorm
picture.php

and both together from above entering flowering
picture.php

Here are some of the sandstorm buds forming, you'll notice a very upright growth of the leaves compared to the bruisednuts and far tighter nodes together with branches that also point upwards rather than growing outwards as is the case in the bruisednuts.
picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the right environment for the X-18 yet, I suspect that they require less water than I have so far given them, and so I am sprouting my 3rd attempt at the moment. The first 2 didn't work out well, and this is the reason I only sprout 1 at a time of a new variety normally, so that I can find what makes them happy and then sprout a few to select the one or 2 I like most. I will find what makes X-18 happy as I am excited to try a more natural indica strain than I am now accustomed to. I will of course show them growing once I get it right.

Trev

awesome thread, very interesting! had a few tri's myself as seedlings.. always tore em up..

read all 48 pages. Gah >.<

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
gMt
Howzit brother..?? hope all is well wowzerz what a change and how much happier those gurls look great work.. Yea i have a ppxc99 that when she sprouted she had no growing tip. I left her alone and she split her stem and created her new tip she looks lovely now.. Ill get pics up soon peace n pufs..

sackO

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Wow G, nice recovery! Those are some dense bushes :D Can't wait to see how they turn out... Peace!

oldbootz

Veteran
i have just found a triploid skunk #1 seedling and now am very interested in what its going to look like at 9 weeks flowered...

OB

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
GmT
Howzit brother..?? Just peeping the show for updates.. Ill scheck back later.. Have a goot wun...
peace n pufs.

sackO

Latest posts

Latest posts