What's new

3 plus 3=?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow those are some fat heads on that plant....nice pics GMT...still loving the closeups :yes:
ohw and thx for the nomi....but that pic does't have a chance inthere lol....your closeup would have more chance i think !...still much appreciated :bow:

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks Sam, if I had done it properly (with a tripod) I could have got it a bit clearer, but I couldn't be bothered, since its only the irrelevant girl.

Thanks Jay, my last cam was a 3x but I bought a macro conversion lens for it which worked really well. This new one is a 18x, but the super macro mode is a fixed focus, at about 2x, but can sit 1cm from the bud which is the important thing. I also bought a set of 4 macro lenses for it, but they are shit and werent worth the money at all. Seems add on macros are a gamble. Pics are so deceptive some times, its actually another small plant, not sure but I'd guess about 3ft, but yeah I'll throw some trimmed shots up when I get there, although its gonna be another lazy trim job, as it has to last a while and leaf pads out buds in joints.

Hey Core, Thanks, high leaf ratio but yeah the buds are swelling. I loved that pic of yours as soon as I saw it, I like clear pics, we all love nice plants. Its a pitty that thread always elects the pics of the most sellable plants rather than the best photos. Its not the picture that wins, but rather what the picture is of. Gets on my nerves that, but hey, I suppose the site is supporting seed sales so what can ya expect. I found it funny when someone sstarted talking about disallowing photoshoped images, we've had winers who've combined many shots into one stacked shot to win before now. Anyway, I'm gonna stop before I sound bitter about losing to a stacked shot lol, I shouldn't complain, I voted for the stacked shot myself. Besides, what on earth would I do with a prize of sativa seeds?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
hey gmt.
dont know how i missed this threa d for so long but i found you. i will be taggin along from hereon out/ hope u dont mind bro.
Sir

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, thanks Rosy

Welcome Sir, glad ya found the place.

Anyone know what this is? Wormy type thing in the soil, is this a fungus gnat lava?

N

NZjay

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.
i dunno what it is... but i wouldnt be frying it up for dinner :p

Y

YwouldntI

wattup GMT well my tri was a guy,(violin plays) hehe,oh well ill keep searchin.idkwhat that is in the pic bro,looks not too good though LOL.
peace bro-Y-

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I'm crosseyed from reading this thread but i finally made it. Nice job GMT. Have you noticed a bigger yield with the Tri plants or is it just the novelty you want to keep?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol Jay, no me neither, quick macro for ya, I know ya like/hate seeing my cams macro feature, seems though, looking at the trichs, she isnt ready, which is a pitty as I've had to take a lot of leaves to find that out lol.

Hey YwI, pitty on one hand, but ya could always sprinkle a little magical tri dust over your other girls and see what the magic does. That pic is deffo of the enemy, alot of the seedlings that are getting killed off, have no roots left as they come up in that pot, little blighter must be eating them. That pot isnt getting any more water, I'll send a drought into that micro world and wipe out those that offend me (it's great playing god). That pot is quaranteened.

Hi Chief, I thought we were well past the point of anyone new reading up, but thanks for taking the time. Well, it's a tough call, a great yielding bi will out produce an average tri, but my biggest yields have been from great producing tri's. Out door would be the place to test it really, where they have the same soil, the same conditions, the same water availability, and no restrictions on growth. On average, I believe they do, but others will argue, and I'm not looking for a flame fest in here, so I'll keep it to believe, and then the TOU protect me as we can all believe what we want without harrasment. :headbange They are cetainly novel though :joint:

N

NZjay

playing God. lol.

so you playing mother nature AND god??? man you must be a busy man (and woman? lol)

yeah yeah.. i hate to love the macros .. dont stop em coming :)
all look pretty clear indeed... few more weeks then!

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
GMT said:
Lol, thanks Rosy

Welcome Sir, glad ya found the place.

Anyone know what this is? Wormy type thing in the soil, is this a fungus gnat lava?

yes it is... EWWW

ive got a new OTM triplet... seams common on the OTM line.

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes G.....its a fungus gnat larvea...if you goole it by pictures you surtenly will recognize it.....KILL KILL KILL :p

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Jay, lol, yeah its very tiring, now ya know why I'm so knackered all the time, and you all just thought I was just lazy lol. I took one of the heads, as an early tester. They arent ready, but they are trimmed for harvesting, not sure if I can just throw it back into the cab at this stage, Ive never trimmed up and then continued flowering before, planned to just leave it for a couple of days then chop, now I'm very confused as to what to do, I'll throw some pics up tonight, cant be bothered waiting for a 2 hour upload at the mo.

Hi Digital, I thought it must be, they're a right pain, impatience causes that as I didnt bother watering and drying out the compost before using it. My fault, hands up. Nice score on your triplet, I'm guessing the OTM is the old time moonshine which I beleive contains DJs blueberry, which is also where mine originate. Deffo the most common source for these as you said, although lets put common into perspective, one is say 250 seeds at most.

Hey Core, thanks mate, I have a tri in that pot as we speak, gonna pull it later I think and put it into a new pot, then that soil gets thrown after drying and quaranteen to make sure no other seeds sprout, nothing worse than going into the garden and seeing a patch of sedlings out in the open after late sprouting seeds in the compost show up.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Here ya go Jay, I wasnt sure last night, so watered her, this morning the thickest cola had fiberous white mold growing in it, so a bit got thrown, and the rest is harvested now, early and sadly, now got to dry it as quickly as possible, within reason.

Poor pics, and took ages to upload, and not a great plant, but yield wasn't bad.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
ah the theory of taking clones from flowering plants and not giving them sufficient reveg time. What a waste of time. want proof? here

ok there are plenty of buds on the plant, but its less than 2 foot tall. This is a clone from this plant

which was grown from seed. I'm currently about to pop another clone from the same plant, into the flowering chamber, although that has had time to reveg. I'll do a 3 way comparrison when its out. I really dont like working with clones, theyre normally a dissapointment from the original seed.

Oh 1st round of tri testing gave a 5% interesting ratio, which is the lowest for a while, so Im doing round 2 to see if that was a fair rep of this generation.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:jawdrop: It's like people are scared to comment. Always top quality plants/photos in here GMT. Did you ever see that little wormy thing again?

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
had the same happen to me last run....trew plants in with no suffcient vegtime...and they only stayed 20 _ 30 cm big...a real waste of time and money...and i had about 15 of them...it woz so fucking stupid of me lol....i've learnd my lesson lol....

N

NZjay

nice pics GMT... she she was leafy!

yeah my G13D had the same thing with the reveg too soon... lol. bummer...

Y

YwouldntI

GMT great pics man love the ginormous colas on them plants too yo.sorry i havnt chimed in for a minute i been lurkin though bro.keep it poppin i love watchin you work ur magic.peace -Y-