What's new

3 peat!!!

app state 49 delaware 21

just showin off the local 3 time FCS national champs! no other team has done this in what was formally known as ncaa 1aa football. there is lots of celebrating going on for people around here.the school has the highest elevation of any school east of the mississippi, however id say the school is more known for its weed that gets people high. haha...

anyway heres to the champs..
th400_pA5A5NL.jpg

Last edited:

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
me and a friend was watchin that game against michigan so as a osu fan i loved it when app state blocked that kick and won the game :bigeye:

yeah sorry app. state stands for Appalachian state. home to some of the best college football and weed in the country. a great little place here.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
this reminds me of a joke/funny anecdote i heard...sorry right now up front...i dont beliove this but thought it was funny...
I went camping and hiking in appalichaia, needed some sruff so went to find a famr to see if i could get some work, i knocked on the dor and a man, invited me in, we talked then he said "harry, allow me to introduce my Wife, and daughter"..
I turned round and there was only 1, 18 yr old chick.....

lol sorry

all of us up here have heard all the inbreed jokes before. we've been hearing it for years, along with the jokes about being toothless, ignorant, gun toutin' rednecks who chew snuff all day. most people up here don't find those jokes very funny but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

anyway- the app. vs michigan game was amazing. we play a couple more big time schools in the future like florida, lsu, and auburn. two years ago we played lsu and played them well. then we played nc state last year and almost beat them. funny thing is florida state and north carolina both refuse to play us after we beat michigan because we tried to book them for an upcoming season.

Last edited:

Budsmith

I got friends from high school going/playing football at app state. I'm was so damn happy when they beat michigan... I called my boy up and said " U guys are something else.. congrats". .....and YES app state has some of best kind bud around these parts.

lol the announcers would say things like "Appalachian state is the highest school east of the Mississippi river..." and i would chuckle to myself "man these announcers have no idea" even though they were referring to the elevation and not the weed.

Last edited:

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Yea just watched the reply of that game today, good on them + that michigan upset was insane, you couln't script it any better. Congratulations App state
peace

G

ASU better watch out....the big boys won't schedule them anymore. They would lose a payday. But to hell with that....Go ASU!!!!
Hey, GH? Is it true the cows have one pair of legs shorter than the others? (ducking and hiding...hahahahaha)

you're right old fool next year App. has two open spots in their schedule and they've been looking for people to play. Florida state and North Carolina both said no way to us. We have a few big teams scheduled down the line. we play lsu, Florida, and Auburn but those games aren't until like 2009 and on...

i don't think they're worried about money either. i was in boone like last month and that school is growing like a wild fire and with more students brings in more money, alumni, parents, etc. they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. they're already expanding the stadium and installing all this state of the art equipment. not to mention the entire community of boone is wild about this team and theres a lot of alumni who support them too in these hills, and so the boosters make tons of money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts