What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Advanced seeds growing outdoors

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I would not repot autos. i did it this spring and my cream caramels stayed tiny. learned the hard way. now i just use one pot for the plant's entire life. i am using 3L which is little but i just don't have the space or willing to take the risk for more.

you do what you must. hell... experiment ;)

inbetween

I didn't think they would mind this young, i managed to repot the remaining 7 this morning whilst the soil was still damp. Work far better this time so all are in at least 10L pots going up to about 12L. Must admit some are looking really good already, down side with the mix though is i ain't gonna have a clue what they end up to be :D

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
cool. hope it works well for ya.

if they are looking good don't keep them just for yourself. don't tease me mate. take some pics of those beautiful girls and show the world so that we may all fawn over them.

inbetween

Me too mate, guess time will tell.. re-potted another one of my nlx haze girls tonight, happy with the root spread in the 7L pot nice and even. So used all my remaining compo on a big pot, maybe around 25-30L size. The rest will have to cope with what they are in now, no more upgrades..

Okay Gantz matey, i'll update some visuals in next days :)

inbetween

One would hope so mate, still about 70cm high.. No sign of bud apart from the preflower so far. I have moved the purple bud under the green mesh to fool them the weather is changing a little, not sure it'll work much as i guess it's the red spectrum for flower :)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
70? That's the final size of my spring skunks. They were in 3L pots though... I'm still smoking it...
Don't know what your weather it's like there mate. It's cooling a bit here. Might rain too.

inbetween

You thought of getting a wilma system for indoors? not sure of your set up, but they ain't big.. well the 10 pot 6.5L system isn't anyway. That's what i use during the winter time or spring indoor grow. Unlike you i'm not still smoking my grow since last spring, maybe having the aromed4 doesn't help as i don't need to dry the herb to vape it lol
Yeah, a little cooler today still around 33c though. I guess better than the 40c from 10am, dropping to 28c a nights.

Got a new problem, or first time i seen evidence of problem. Reckon they are spider mites looking in the scope. Doing my eyes in squinting, so bought a new pc scope online for 20 euro. I see how to work the thing, if any good i'll upload some images of the micro bugs on here.

inbetween

Weekly update time again, starting off as usual with the advanced seeds photos taken 2nd Aug..

white kush

Jack Plant

Kaya 47

All three seem quite healthy and steadily growing, maybe with been next to the other bushes they look more tiny than the actual 3 inch. Like in this next photo next to the sweet tai plants is the Jack plant in 11L pot

The sweet tai are standing around 75 cm in height and not too stretched.

Last edited:

inbetween

update continued...

Only visible sighs of problems are yellowing of leaf, i forget if it's normal for dominant sativa strains or they are lacking of something food wise..

Purple bud from white label are doing okay and starting to flower, i did say starting

close up of the flowers.. really, look closer

NLxhaze in the bigger 25L+ pots.. here's hoping i'll need them, one full bodied and the other a little stretched looking

sweet mix auto seedling, all 8 doing similar to this one

That's all folks, thanks for stopping by and having a look at one's progress.. I hope there is more buddie stuffs to show in next few weeks

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
they all look awesome mate.
i think i use the same privacy screen - but as a shade cloth. works well enough. none of my seedlings have died and i've experienced 32+ these past few days

inbetween

Thanks, still a ways to go yet.

Yeah, the green plastic mesh stuff.. I used it for fencing and sun shade, bought in a roll about 100 meter by 2m. Been using it here and there for over 10 years and finally ran out surrounding the grow room, i did do a roof in green but as the plants got bigger i have took most of it down now. Leaving just a strip over the top where the purple buds are positioned.

I think your seedling will do great under there, from what i remember plants don't see green :)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Cool. I remember the same thing. I was just concerned since I haven't used this ever before. They are indeed looking well. Thanks mate.
Good luck with yours :tiphat:

inbetween

I had a new toy delivered today so put it to good use, the pc scope is a well handy tool and saves on the squinting and these little pests roaming around the plants..

spider mite

thrip

this bug i'm not sure the name yet.. could be a more grown up thrip

After a study on google i think i also have some good guys roaming around the green.. look like transparent spiders and think they are predatory mites. So i could leave and monitor the plants especially as i don't see an infestation of any kind yet..

inbetween

Weekly update time

All in all not too bad on the grow side, most of the big plants(sweet tai, purple bud and NLxhaze) are getting to the 1metre mark. Due to the plants battle again'st the heat i decided on covering with the green mesh again, seems to have helped stop the drooping and looking sad look. Battle with the bugs still continues, mostly on the other plants and luckily not much on the cannabis plants.

Anyways on with some photo update... first the advanced seeds, Jack plant, kaya47 and white kush. All look healthy but moving on slowly upwards.

To left is Jack, top middle is Kaya47, top right sleepy yoda auto.. Bottom left white kush and the other plant is a flowering mint.

Purple bud from white label

Group photo of purple buds in black pots and sweet tai at the front

NLxhaze from sensi seeds

One of the remaining 6 sweet mix autos

Till next time, happy grows all : ~ )

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Everything looks awesome mate. I grow mints too.
I'm envious of your autos. Mine look no different from last week. I'll globe's some half strength nutes and see what happens.
Hope to catch up to you soon

inbetween

Thanks Gantz mate, not been without problems and casualties. Don't think i'll buy the mix auto's again, i guess the difference in strains show how some and not others managed the weather or conditions. Best to know what's growing me thinks in the future.

I haven't added any nutes to the autos, from advice on the internet says to wait till flowering before adding feed. Of course your choice mate and hope it works. Just hold on another week you'll see a difference i reckon.

The mint is to keep the wife happy, but the chocolate mint isn't good for tea :)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Yeah. I hear ya. My auto sweet skunks are prettier than my bloody ones. But they aren't bigger or more advanced. Even so I have read that some autos have a phase in which they are a bit weird. They eventually grow out of it so I'm not worried if that does happen.

I'll add some weak nurse because they are nowhere near as green as yours. Hope all goes well.

I've got two mints currently. A round-leaved one that is great for tea, and a sharper, more pointy-leaved one that is great for Mojitos.

inbetween

Weird i can handle but dead they don't come back :(
i had the deformed auto at the germ stage and did nothing, fair enough. But the others dying for no reason but maybe the heat is something else.. I just hope no more bite the dust from now on, they seem ok for now.

To be honest not a big drinker these days, had to look up what a Mojitos was lol ... Surprise my fav spirit is a main ingredient ;) yeah we have 4 types growing here, just gone to flower so smell and taste is a bit strange for now. Not sure if that's normal for mint.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
i had a better look at your mint. it is from the mint family but not on my list of mints that i like. get yourself some of the broadleafed ones: spearmint or peppermint - you can get the seeds online. they are much better. you can make tea or use them in the kitchen any time of the year.

Latest posts

Latest posts