What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x2 Afghan Skunk n' OG kush 12/12 from seed

Sparkus_Maximus

High All, So I'm about to harvest an Afghan Skunk (left) with about a week more to go, and next to her is an OG Kush - DNA freebie. The Affie x Skunk has a rather unpleasant sickly-puke type of smell, which also strangely enough has a decadent hashish tone to it. We'll see how she cures out in the end. Both were thrown into the 2x2 as space fillers and are the only 2 that remain in the tent now. The OG-Kush on the right started flowering a few weeks after the AS, but is stacking decently these days. Looks like I'll have to correct that Mg. Deficiency, I forgot to add Cal-Mag to the last feeding of the usual tiger-bloom. Also have another OG kush and a Double Black (98' Black Domina) from G-13 Labs in their own small box, since next month I'll be cramming my 2x2 Full with a single Golden Tiger which has been in natural daylight photoperiod from seed Last Fall and started flowering shortly before Christmas. As the photoperiod increases in March, I'll have to cram her inside my 2x2 and finish her along with the OG Kush properly on a 11/13 or 10/14 photoperiod.

Attachments

• IMG_20240220_220314501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240220_220314501_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20240220_220707023_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240220_220707023_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
High All, So I'm about to harvest an Afghan Skunk (left) with about a week more to go, and next to her is an OG Kush - DNA freebie. The Affie x Skunk has a rather unpleasant sickly-puke type of smell, which also strangely enough has a decadent hashish tone to it. We'll see how she cures out in the end. Both were thrown into the 2x2 as space fillers and are the only 2 that remain in the tent now. The OG-Kush on the right started flowering a few weeks after the AS, but is stacking decently these days. Looks like I'll have to correct that Mg. Deficiency, I forgot to add Cal-Mag to the last feeding of the usual tiger-bloom. Also have another OG kush and a Double Black (98' Black Domina) from G-13 Labs in their own small box, since next month I'll be cramming my 2x2 Full with a single Golden Tiger which has been in natural daylight photoperiod from seed Last Fall and started flowering shortly before Christmas. As the photoperiod increases in March, I'll have to cram her inside my 2x2 and finish her along with the OG Kush properly on a 11/13 or 10/14 photoperiod.
Those look amazing for 12/12 from seed. You did a good job with those fat buds and not getting mold. A lot of buds that fat get hit with a case of mold. Thanks for the post friend.

Sparkus_Maximus

Those look amazing for 12/12 from seed. You did a good job with those fat buds and not getting mold. A lot of buds that fat get hit with a case of mold. Thanks for the post friend.
Thanks, I did have to cut out a couple of buds on the Afghan Skunk due to mold, but the rest of them are unaffected and doing well.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Nope, This particular one is from Linda-Seeds / Their own Afghan x Skunk. Good strain, just have to watch out for mold, I had to cut out and throw-away a few buds on this little plant, due to botrytis.
So Linda Seeds is legit after all?? I'll be damned... I passed up soooo many packs of beans in the last few years because they were the only people to still stock them. I was told everywhere I went that they were scams... Shit. Guess lesson learned...🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the info man, I'll definitely be grabbing some of these!

Sparkus_Maximus

So Linda Seeds is legit after all?? I'll be damned... I passed up soooo many packs of beans in the last few years because they were the only people to still stock them. I was told everywhere I went that they were scams... Shit. Guess lesson learned...🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the info man, I'll definitely be grabbing some of these!
I thought the same thing until I pulled the trigger on some of their beans, including the Afghan X Skunk which is probably the most -inexpensive seed on the market. Something like $1.50 / feminized seed and around $20 bucks for a 10- pack feminized. They don't sell regs (of this particular strain) but other than mold on a few buds, I didn't have any problems with it, very easy going and not fussy about anything.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Oh and please let me know if the vomit smell is still present after drying and how the potency is? Thanks!
The vomit smell has calmed down a bit while drying, and at the start of a cure it's changed to an almost peanut-butter / earthy afghan-hash aroma and taste, which is pretty subtle overall. Unfortunately the potency is rather unimpressive, which is strange considering the flowers are covered with milky / clear trichomes, maybe I should have waited for ambers on this one. It just doesn't ''hit'' me like I wish it did, and is a very mellow night time smoke, unremarkable in potency. In comparison, The recently finished ''Hash Lover'' (HP x NL#1) from Freedom of Seeds, which even uncured carried a Very Nice and Potent Indica stone, tasting and smelling like delicious hashish. I ended up smoking all of it before it had time to really get a good long cure, it was great bud with some potent -Indica effects indeed. My Linda Afghan x Skunk was just one plant so I can't really base my opinion on this strain, and for the price they would be worth trying in order to find some good ''keeper-phenotypes''. Everything about this one plant is great, except for the potency which is just lacking in this particular pheno.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Here is the other DNA OG kush which was topped and trained early on, and only vegged for a couple of weeks before getting her own box and a 200w LED. It's the old fashioned type that is widely used for security lighting everywhere these days. I'm using the 6500K lamp as I like the way this '' cool'' spectrum (typically) shortens internodes, and seems to provide an interesting effect on terpenes, similar to a Metal Halide. This particular pheno still ended up stretching like a mofo by the end of her pre-flower, quadrupling her height - 4X + in the process with some internodes spacing 2.5-3''. After a little training I think she's ready to begin stacking, just about 21-days since first pistils🌴

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_000227438_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240316_000227438_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here is the other DNA OG kush which was topped and trained early on, and only vegged for a couple of weeks before getting her own box and a 200w LED. It's the old fashioned type that is widely used for security lighting everywhere these days. I'm using the 6500K lamp as I like the way this '' cool'' spectrum (typically) shortens internodes, and seems to provide an interesting effect on terpenes, similar to a Metal Halide. This particular pheno still ended up stretching like a mofo by the end of her pre-flower, quadrupling her height - 4X + in the process with some internodes spacing 2.5-3''. After a little training I think she's ready to begin stacking, just about 21-days since first pistils🌴
Damn, that looks really good friend.

Sparkus_Maximus

Damn, that looks really good friend.
Thanks for checking her out 🌿 She's finished stretching and is starting to bulk-up, slowly but surely😎. Never ran OG Kush before, so the stretch kind of caught me off-guard as I really didn't expect it from this strain, like I did from the Ace's GT, in comparison which is chuggin' along slowly in the other tent. Now after training both, I'm hoping they will end up putting out in the end 🍀. I am thinking about hitting up my 2 Satori ladies with some RD - Ghost Train Haze as I really want to keep the Satori around, having tried a bit of her some years ago. Never ran any Rare Dankness, but recently saw their promo, got a pack of Ghost Train Haze #1 reg. + 4 reg. freebies of Dark Ghost and a fem Lemon Ghost Train.

Last edited: