What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2nd grow and want to do this right.

Greenlifer408

Hey I've been reading this forum a lot before posting and there is Great stuff on here that helped explain the basics.

First grow was with a dozen seeds from some bad weed. 2 plants survived to flower and unfortunately one was male. I want to grow in a walk in closet and 2 smaller closets the walk in is 4.75 ft x 10 x 8 smaller closets 4x4x8 Does anyone have any recommendations for good seeds i want them to be reliable to germ and be females.also what kind of setup do people recommend in terms of spacing #of lights /pots etc. Last I'm wondering about what kind of yields I could eventually expect if I do things halfway right. Any and all input is greatly appreciated thanks

cravin morehead

Veteran
Main thing to consider when setting up a grow is environment. Passive intake, where/how to exhaust, temperature control, odor control, etc. Over all my almost 30 years growing, I've learned that environment is the key. It's more important than nutes, soil type, genetics, etc. Great genetics in a shitty, hot, no air exchange grow room will always be shitty. Questionable genetics in a dialed in environment, will be able to grow to their best.
Check out seed boutique for feminized seeds. Being a newbie, I would suggest some nice indica seeds to start with. Easier to deal with than hardcore landrace sativas. Keep reading, no matter how long you've been growing, there is always something to learn about.

Cm

djbooyah13

Hey I've been reading this forum a lot before posting and there is Great stuff on here that helped explain the basics.

First grow was with a dozen seeds from some bad weed. 2 plants survived to flower and unfortunately one was male. I want to grow in a walk in closet and 2 smaller closets the walk in is 4.75 ft x 10 x 8 smaller closets 4x4x8 Does anyone have any recommendations for good seeds i want them to be reliable to germ and be females.also what kind of setup do people recommend in terms of spacing #of lights /pots etc. Last I'm wondering about what kind of yields I could eventually expect if I do things halfway right. Any and all input is greatly appreciated thanks

im not an expert but im running 1200w LED rn but i wish i went HPS.. i think u'd be okay with (2)600w hortilux with hydro farm reflectors, also ive been looking into DNA Genetics & Crocket Family Seeds, all prove to germ and super frosty buds also i plan on crossing them with some Bubba seeds i have in the future, if u get 12 seeds and they all pull thru nice and healthy on a 2 month veg u can probs look at 2-6oz on plants depending on variables such as temp and humidity and ppm, ph ect..

Greenlifer408

Good to know about environment I'm planning to make it as close to ideal outdoor conditions as i can. Basically trying to make my closet a climate copy of Humboldt county. I picked up some clones today and was kind of bothered how some were yellow at the ends! Not sure how common this is since i started from seed before. What can cause yellowing in small plants? Maybe problems with the water? I just got these and hope it self corrects not sure what to do tho ill try to post pictures

AzHogRoaster

Hey Greenlifer,

The cutting will continue to grow a little as it is developing roots to become a clone. With out roots the only available nutrients remain in the leafs of the cutting. This could be the cause of the yellowing. Although, after looking at the pic a little closer. It look like the clones have a heat issue. Almost as if they got up into the light use to clone.

I have pulled some pretty shitty looking clones out of my tray. Just as long as the roots are white and there is a little green on top they always bounce back.

Do you have drainage holes in those cups?

Best of luck, Cheers! :tiphat: