What's new

2kw Alternating Mod-Scrogs!

DevilWeed

IS, thanks man!

Time for an update. Everything is chugging along. I'm going to move most of what I have in veg into flower in about a week. I'm keeping bonsai moms of cheese and trainwreck but everything else is going. I'm gearing up for my AK47 maiden voyage.

Anyway, here's the pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DevilWeed

And there ya have it! I just took the camera out and clicked away, no rime or reason. Deleted what was blury, scrubbed and posted 'em all. Don't mind the dupes...

Smells are starting to come in. Cheese has a delicious candy like smell I can't really describe. That'll all change in a few weeks...she's a stank ass ho!

DevilWeed

They continue to do awesome! We'll be at 5 weeks from 12/12 in 2 days.

I'm drooling over DSLR's and macro lenses but not ready to pull the trigger yet. Soon...

Let's start with random bud shots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DevilWeed

The canopy is really filling out nice...with buds! I've removed leaves here and there but it's getting harder. Buds are swallowing the leaves!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DevilWeed

I've been posting lots of pics, but not much info. If for nothing else, this will help me keep track of things. I ate a large brownie earlier…a very special brownie. And the vape just keeps going…so none of this may make sense in the morning.

The Plan
The original plan...hahaha...was to run two scrogs 5 weeks apart. Each one would have its own 1000w and would be built as 2 2x4 Scrogs so they could be veg'd then moved to flower. The 1st one is the Scrog in all the pics. Second one hasn't happened due to some date miscalculation on my part. Took clones about a month late...whoops. Thought about it a bit and decided I'd flower my cheese mom since its ginormous now. Around that I'll nestle the cheese clones I took saving one for a mom. With some creativity, they should all fit under 1 light. That'll clear out my veg room for the next project. My AK47 beans are burning a hole in my pocket!

Timing
If the posted finish times are correct, I will be harvesting between 9/8 and 9/30. That's a range of 8-11 weeks from 12/12. Everything will come down based on trichs though so nothings set in stone. The Diesels and White Widow went in a couple weeks after the scrogs so those will come down on the later end. That frees up a light around 10/1 as I don’t expect anything to go 11 weeks. I can’t start the AK until the end of the month so I’ll probably run with 1 light for a bit. The "veg room clearance" batch starts flower this week and should be down by end of October. I’ll have to veg and sex the AK’s then clone them. The Scrog’s take forever to grow in so I’ll probably flower the seed start ladies as is and use the clones to kick the Scrogs back into action. Still toying with the idea of pollinating some buds but that may be a bit much for me.

Food
The Scrog has been all “organic” fed with the exception of Snow Storm foliar sprays. I’ve been alternating the veg and flower feeds between guano based and fish/seaweed based teas. Always a base of EWC tea in there with LK and molasses. So far everything is lush green without any burning and very minimal deficiencies in a few lower leafs. I am now locked into watering the Scrog every other day. I was trying to go every 3rd but last night they were droopy! Not good. Soil was dry as a bone. I scratched everything up and watered them in good over the course of an hour. A little later they were perfect again. :) I’m going to try a few plants with a pre-amended soil as soon as I get time to fit it in. The idea of just watering is pretty sweet. Blumats…I want to try Blumats!!

Hope something here is useful.

I’m seeing double now…time for bed. :kos:

DevilWeed

Hey IC! Just wanted to throw a quick update before I head off on vacation in a few days. The plants continue to astound me! I got my first slightly yellow leaf yesterday down low in the canopy! And when I say first, I mean it. They just look so happy and well nourished!

Buds are swelling nicely and the Ultimate Indica is taking on that "late flower look". Can't really describe it other than an overall look of maturity. Dense and loaded with trichs. The cheese plants definitely take the lead in trich density though and are looking like some connoisseur biscuits right now! :D

I just finished writing the instruction manual for my "caretaker". He'll be watering the organic flower girls with Neptunes 2-4-1 with a bit of molasses. The coir girls will get the 6/9ml micro/bloom forumula for 4 days, then water. Clones will just get water. I hit em nice and heavy with fish soup tonight so they should be fine.

Hopefully all goes well.

As for vacation...8 days...Jamaica...Negril...HedoII. Can't fuckin wait!! All you can drink, smoke, snort, drop...whatever! I'll get more head from my wife in the first day then I've got in the last 3 years!! Hahaha, all in fun. It's gonna be a blast. :dance013::dance013:

DevilWeed

Forgot. The 2nd 1kw light is now up and running and the big 5 gal cheese is directly under it. The white widow and diesels are now under that as well. I grabbed a new 6" can fan and all the flanges/ducting to do a pass through light cooling setup but for now I just in-lined it with my carbon exhaust. Room is nice and cool and the AC doesn't seem to work any harder that it did with 1 unvented light. It may even run less now. Temp stays rock solid at 75f lights on and 71f lights off. Humidity is set at 60% for now. When I get back, I'll drop it to 50% then 40% for the last couple weeks. Once the lights are vented properly, I'm one step closer to running sealed. I've got a couple more logistical things to work out but I hope to seal 'er up within a couple months. Remodeling is sucking up money right now so I may have to wait.

I sould get some sleep...

Last edited:

phog

Veteran
looks amazing-

how do you like scrogging? i ask because it looks really efficient:wave:

DevilWeed

Thanks August! Big fan of your 4SD/Chemdawg thread...beautiful stuff there! I really like what I'm seeing from Rez lately. If I didn't have the AK's...which I'm just short of giddy about :)...I'd grab up some Rez packs and start them instead. I'm definitely gonna try to get some of the Strawberry Diesel when he releases it.