What's new

29.5 Security Door

ceosam

What are my options / where can I find a door that fits a 29.5 x 80 frame that isn't a flimsy piece of shit? I want something a bit more solid to block more sound as well as be a bit more secure.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If money isn't an issue, you can't get much more secure than a pre-fab steel door. Though it really comes down to how well and what you anchor it to.

Like they say in locksmithing, you can buy the fanciest door with the strongest bolt lock, but one swift kick in the right place and it's all for naught.

prune

Veteran
What are my options / where can I find a door that fits a 29.5 x 80 frame that isn't a flimsy piece of shit? I want something a bit more solid to block more sound as well as be a bit more secure.

A fire-rated door is a step up from a standard steel door in weight and hinges, the security door has extra strength around the lockset and hinges, and tamper-proof hinges. It's pretty hard to find a wood or plastic door that is strong enough these days. All of these are readily available, although sometimes with a week wait.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you want to fuck with their heads AND get a few more minutes to tidy up? rig your front door to open OUTWARD & don't put a fucking knob on it. stupid fucks will break their wrists trying to drive it in...:biggrin:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
you want to fuck with their heads AND get a few more minutes to tidy up? rig your front door to open OUTWARD & don't put a fucking knob on it. stupid fucks will break their wrists trying to drive it in...:biggrin:

I like that! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts