What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2714W 5 pound CFL MICRO GROW ikea box idea! comments please!

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
If the measurements of the cab are right. the best/most realistic way of doing it would be have this cab and one half its size. Have the big one with 3 flowering chambers, 1st chamber week 1-3 flowering, 2nd chamber week 4-7, 3rd week 8-9or10 depending on strain. With 84 plants per chamber thats 252 flowering plants at one time. With a sq ft area of 5.8sqft per chamber thats 13 55w cfls per chamber for the min recommended 8,000lumens per sqft. So 13 55w'ers is 715w per level, times 3 thats 2145w just for flowering. then theres the mothers/clones, with 28 plants harvested per week thats 28 clones needed per week, so a min of 5 med/big bush mothers which would require 6000-8000lumens per sqft with each mother cab being 5.8sq ft thats 36,000 lumens which is 10 55w cfls for another 500w bring the total watts to 2645w just for lights. Now say you got 7-14grams per plant times 28 plants thats 1/4-1/2 pound per week for a total of 2 1/2-5 pounds every 10weeks. Which sounds good untill you realize that took around 3000w of lights and fans and stuff. Considering people are getting upto 4pounds per 1000w light in 8weeks or so, that sucks. Also thats with less plants so not as big of a risk, and it cost less.

D

DU420

Now that's ambition.... What ever happened to UL I would've loved to have seen this completed....

majortom9

If this cabinet is as bad an Idea as most of yall are making it sound, for gods sake dont go to the micro grow forum...no wait...thats where we are ! I say go for it, but split it into 3 levels, two on the lower for flowering and a smaller on top for ya filter and electronics. Really think of using PLL's about 3 55 waters per level, 4 if they will fit. I like this kind of thang...go for it man, do ya own thang ! PEACE

Northernhemis

Dont use that cabinett ikea is waaaay down the toilet nowadays ... Go for some real woddenmaterial none of that plastic infused stuff if you havent had plasticscab before you will surely have it then ! / A Swede

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Dont use that cabinett ikea is waaaay down the toilet nowadays ... Go for some real woddenmaterial none of that plastic infused stuff if you havent had plasticscab before you will surely have it then ! / A Swede

You are 12 years too late