What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
22F and light snow. Can't wait until thursday! Low of -2 and high of 9 F with a wind chill in the lower teens all day! May see half a foot of snow with it! Merry Christmas guys! God's helping us celebrate! :smoke:

Three Berries

Looks like a blizzard coming mid week for Illinois 4+ inches of snow (down from 8") and two days of high winds (now up to 30 mph). Better get supplies soon, dig out the snowblower. Have a talk with the outside cats......

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What forecast are you looking at, Three Berries? I'm in your area to your east. Yeah wind chill is going to be hammering at 46 mph gusts on a 7-9 degree day! :smoke:

Three Berries

What forecast are you looking at, Three Berries? I'm in your area to your east. Yeah wind chill is going to be hammering at 46 mph gusts on a 7-9 degree day! :smoke:
It's the Wunderground weather network. Nice mobile app I can connect to my weather station.

They continually update the forecast, usually to cover their butt. The snow is up to 5" now for Thursday. And two days of wind after the snow. Looks like I better mail off the Christmas stuff Monday.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats the one I use, but definitely check weather.gov Noaa/nws site because WU can be off sometimes. Actually both of them can be off at one point or another, so it verifies. Its was saying lower around 4-5 inches yesterday but it went up yesterday evening and now is at 9 inches! :smoke:

Nws saying 80% rain and snow with no amount, but its going to be cold enough for snow I think.

Have Deep Chunk seed being sent from west coast to the midwest though all this stuff, so hopefully it makes it here alright!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Love is the Law.

Jeremian 23:7-8

7 “Therefore, behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “that they shall no longer say, ‘As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,’ 8 but, ‘As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the countries where I had driven them.’ And they shall dwell in their own land.”

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh no kidding! Thats great I love cocorahs! Very valuable tool there! Thanks for being a weather station? Whats that like? Do they put a little measuring device on your fence or something?

Three Berries

Oh no kidding! Thats great I love cocorahs! Very valuable tool there! Thanks for being a weather station? Whats that like? Do they put a little measuring device on your fence or something?
There is a standard two piece rain gauge that we all use, also use the outer cylinder for snow catching and measuring the water content.. It sure stops the farmers from lying about their rain totals. Quite a few stations in my rural area but not all report daily.

measurerain_smgauge.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats cool! Where do you get those rain guages?

I guess I was thinking about the WeatherUnderground weather stations. I am curious how those folks report data.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright cool! Thanks

Thats too cold! I just went on a hike, not too bad with the sun out. 26 F and breezy

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Periods of light snow. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. Temperature steady near minus 22C. Wind chill near minus 33C. Risk of frostbite.Morning/Afternoon
TonightMainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 24C. Wind chill near minus 34C. Risk of frostbite.

:freezing:

RMS

:smoweed:

Three Berries

@pipeline

There are several brands of PWS, I've used the Davis brand for 30+ years and stick with them as I have spare parts. Not cheap though, about a grand for a good station with memory modules and all. Vantage Pro 2 is what I have.

And their rain gauges suck so I don't use it. Just manually enter what I record on the other analog one...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats -29 F wind chill! Sounds like it will freeze dry anything you set out there. I've been using the porch to cool off oatmeal for the dogs. How long would it take a glass of water to freeze?

Cool weather stations, I have seen those before. Thanks for the link. I run a vegetable garden and it would be nice to have a station there. Its near the herb garden so may help get better buds!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Periods of light snow. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. Temperature steady near minus 22C. Wind chill near minus 33C. Risk of frostbite.Morning/Afternoon
TonightMainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 24C. Wind chill near minus 34C. Risk of frostbite.

:freezing:

RMS

:smoweed:
We are going to be getting in on some of that looks like. So I wont be able to go outside? I have a blizard suit and a head wrap. This is going to be fun. 40 N midwest.

From the NWS/NOAA:

Early look at confidence for potential winter storm:

Areas of higher confidence:
* Period of high winds with a wind shift to the northwest Thursday
into Friday
* Extremely cold arctic air this weekend with temperatures falling
below zero
* Dangerous wind chills possibly down to -20F to -30F this weekend
* Periods of snow showers on the backside of the system Friday
into Saturday

Latest posts

Latest posts