What's new

250w Metal Halide Bagseed Closet Grow

D

d4.

The ballast and the socket are supposed to last up to 10 years, the bulb was supposed to last 10,000 hours. I changed the bulb, and don't smell any burning anymore. After a close inspection and making sure everything was tight and snug I haven't discovered any further problems. Maybe I just bought the bulb from the wrong place, it happens. I looked at the bulb and don't see anything defective with it.

Maybe it was just the intense smell of skunk that day?

I dunno man I couldn't tell you. Always better to err on the side of caution though, if it happens again i'd get your ballast checked out or something.

I'm diggin the training job on that SD too.

D

d4.

I'll continue to be watchful, but as far as the problem goes... as long as it's gone, I don't really care so all is good! :joint: I have warranty on light kit, so I can get it replaced it anything happens (I think I'll be fine though).

I'll take the SD out of the box and get a better snapshot of it, I'm almost out of places to tie it down to the pot! :nono:

D

d4.

Heres a better picture of that SD!

After close inspection of my plants in the closet, I might start flushing two of them soon.

She's a wirey one. When you think you'll start snipping at her?

No matter how it seems, she likes the abuse ;) she'll make it obvious a week later.

D

d4.

Probably going to start snipping within the next few weeks, maybe days. Whenever I get some rooting solution!

A buddy of mine just got busted, had a bunch of SD mothers in the closet. Looks like I'm the only one left to reproduce this fine strain :(.

Wow I havent checked in on this thread in awile and I must say your progress is great!! How are you feeling about those PBP nutes now huh. You doing great it looks like from here. I would def. keep a close eye on that ballast and light set-up. A burning smell is never a good thing. i wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your grow!!!

D

d4.

Hey Innv! Long time no see, the PBP work great, havent done me wrong yet :joint: . Haven't smelled any burning stuff recently, guess its all good. We start week 7 tomorrow of flowering! I know I'm excited, don't know about you readers! :rasta: .

Anyways, heres some updates of them.

The SD is doing great, she was ready for some cloning so I snipped a bunch of em! I have the clones in a thin tupperware container with tinfoil over them I poked a hole in the tinfoil and slid them in there for a snug fit. The tray is filled with water and I have my air pump and air stone putting in work to get these roots pumping! I actually borrowed this method from another grower on the forum who got roots in 2 weeks! Wish I knew where.

A few hours later, they started turning towards the light so it looks like they are adapting well to the cloning setup and they will all survive.

Heres a shot of my box with the clones and the mother in it.

Going to start flushing these plants soon, not rushing though! Yield is my main goal.

Until next time, stay safe!

D

d4.

Week 8. Big day today :)! I harvested 2/3 of the plants, and their looking spectacular. I have one left in the closet, gonna be a few more weeks.

Heres the last group shot of them at week 8.

Some colas, last two are the same plant, isn't ready yet!

Some trim from 2 of the plants.

Heres what I just harvested.

Heres whats in the closet now.

Enjoy!
:rasta:

Mr.Kade

d4. said:
I think I can cool the area well because the area is over sized for my 250w MH, gives me a lot of extra room for that air to flow around and not build up. I am also cooling the Rubbermaid with a 80mm PC fan that doesn't spin nearly as much CFM as the one in the closet. What kinda CFL's you got in there? I got (2x) 20 W's, and (1x) 13 W. Make sure your fan is truly running at 12v's so it spins as fast as it can.

I had 2 26 watt cfls (red spectrum's) but recently changed to 2 13watt red spectrum's. I know, I know 2 13watts isn't alot but i just use that rubbermaid to root my clones , so i figure at that point they wont need as much light, so far they seem to be doing good.
I wish i could find a couple 20 or 26 watt BLUE spectrum bulbs though, that would probably take the heat down a lot.

The fans running on 6v so maby I'll just go out and find a better adapter.

Grows lookin good bro, I can almost smell the flowers from hear. LOL

Mr.Kade

The SD is doing great, she was ready for some cloning so I snipped a bunch of em! I have the clones in a thin tupperware container with tinfoil over them I poked a hole in the tinfoil and slid them in there for a snug fit. The tray is filled with water and I have my air pump and air stone putting in work to get these roots pumping! I actually borrowed this method from another grower on the forum who got roots in 2 weeks! Wish I knew where.

^^^^Quote^^^^

---Is this The one??? I saved it to my favorites, cant wait to try it out.---

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=68296

Last edited:
D

d4.

Hey Kade! That fan should really be running on 12v, no exceptions :). 26w's is fine for clones, they need to focus more on rooting anyways. My clones aren't doing so hot anymore, but I think thats because they need some fresh water. Gonna switch it out today! Can't find blue spectrum bulbs? Weird, must not be common where your at I guess. Thats the link too :), thanks for finding it!

Keep it real Kade :rasta: .

Wish I coud give you some rep bro! Keeps telling me I need to spread it around... how many does it freakin take? :spank:

Last edited:
looks great..hows the flavor and buzz...

i can remember when no one would ever think of growing under anything less then a 1000w's...but times are a changen...

herb weedmen

Mr.Kade

d4. said:
Keep it real Kade :rasta: .

Wish I coud give you some rep bro! Keeps telling me I need to spread it around... how many does it freakin take? :spank:

LOL. no problem bro .Dont stress. lol
Nice harvest man, peace. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts