What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Hydro Vert - DP Power Plant

C

Crane

I really love your setup!

I have a new cab that I consider using later on verticaly.
Its 65cm wide, up to 1.7m high (but rather use less to have space for storage) and around 40cm deep.
I've DIYed a cool-tube already, 5" diameter and gonna get a 240m3\h vent, that will be changed to a 560m3\h vent when it will get hotter.
What light do you think I should get for this kind of setup?
Also, when the plants try to reach the light you should poke them back through the screen, how can you do that when it is all covered?

Thanks a lot :D

Painfull

Nice setup and grow. DP's power plant is one of the biggest yielder for a sativa of 8 weeks.
Enjoy
Painfull:headbange

Laylow0

Thx for the comments guys.

@ fully baked
Thx for the advice. Thats pretty much what I have been trying to do. Unfortunately I was born with 10 thumbs and end up with more iso on my fingers than on the bud.

I was thinking of somehow making a pipe that looks a bit like this

Pibe-sketch1.jpg

Pibe-sketch2.jpg

The bottom disc would be placed under a flame. When hot enough I would take the pipe, have some sort of hook and hinge system(not in the sketch), in order to lift the heat disc off the flame. Then use a nail with some iso on it and simply place it on the heated disc while sucking like a mad man on the pipe. This should work... just dont know how to make a pipe.........

@ Crane

My flowering chamber is 100x60x130cm. A 250w hps would probably fit nicely in your closet considering the cool tube and much more air flow then I have. Perhabs a PLL type system would be advantageous as you could make the screen much smaller. Your problem is not height but width. I would think that the strain you choose is even more important than it is for most. Look for a strain that grows tall and not too branchy. Scrogging will be a problem if you do as I did. A modular scrog would be better.

@Painfull

The Power Plant definately proved that it is a producer. The smoke is a little.... average in its fx. Not too stoned, not too high, not too strong etc... Average.

F

fully baked

Sounds like a lotta work for a pipe laylow. Throw some pics up if you complete the build. Otherwise, I'd check out a metal screen from the hardware store. The kind that work for faucets and such normally fit inside a bowl nicely, and the iso will just bubble away.

if you search the net for hash pipe you can find oil pipes that take the place of a slip bowl for a bong, but they also make titanium screens and small titanium plates about the size of a quarter, mayb you could use one of them as a starter for your pipe design. :2cents:

actually i take that back after looking the net all i find is the weezer song 'hash pipe', if i find what i was talking about ill post link sorry

C

Crane

@ Crane

My flowering chamber is 100x60x130cm. A 250w hps would probably fit nicely in your closet considering the cool tube and much more air flow then I have. Perhabs a PLL type system would be advantageous as you could make the screen much smaller. Your problem is not height but width. I would think that the strain you choose is even more important than it is for most. Look for a strain that grows tall and not too branchy. Scrogging will be a problem if you do as I did. A modular scrog would be better.
I've started a thread about my new closet at:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144647

Forgot to mention this will be my vegging cab for the winter and both veg and flowering during summer.
I think i will go with MH for this one :D

What is a PPL system?

For vegging I thought about straight old horizontical growth and for flowering a vertical setup.

modular scrog seems like alot of work :x

As for strains, I got some indicas that I plan on growing until next fall. (then I'll get some new seeds for next winter)
you can catch my grow journal at http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=143905 if you may.
I would appreciate any idea for improvements. I was getting poor yields recently, mainly due to heat issues (around 42C all day around) but now its winter time :D I would love to pull up more from the room. (250g for my 400W is my current aim)

currently I'm going SOG with trees but on the next run I might change the whole setup

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry about hijacking your thread. :witch:

Laylow0

@ fully baked
I know which screens you are talking about. Good idea.

@stealthcabber
Thx for trying man. That titanium disc sounds like just the thing. I have seen these HMK bong bells but can seem to find them anywhere.

@Crane
You can hijack all you want as long as its relevant to growing!

It seems that temperature is your problem. I checked out your threads and your young plants look really healthy. PLL's are a flourescent light that may be the thing if you ask me. You would have to spend more money and that might be a problem. But at the moment youre burning a lot of electricity and hurting your plants in the process. Unless you can get access to much lower intake temperatures then I dont see any way around less light. But sometimes less IS more. If your closet/tent is on the warm side you should look into changing your strain choice. Some strains take the heat better. Look at crosses(or pure) that have genetics from hot humid places.

C

Crane

@Crane
You can hijack all you want as long as its relevant to growing!

It seems that temperature is your problem. I checked out your threads and your young plants look really healthy. PLL's are a flourescent light that may be the thing if you ask me. You would have to spend more money and that might be a problem. But at the moment youre burning a lot of electricity and hurting your plants in the process. Unless you can get access to much lower intake temperatures then I dont see any way around less light. But sometimes less IS more. If your closet/tent is on the warm side you should look into changing your strain choice. Some strains take the heat better. Look at crosses(or pure) that have genetics from hot humid places.
Thanks for the support :D

Haven't found much info about PPL's.

Right now its getting colder and for the winter I'm set.
In the summer I will run an over-vented closet with lower expectations :D
Will use CFLs for veg and a 150w (probably) MH for flowering (as the MH will be used later on for vegging in the winter).

I don't have access to seeds right now. My first batch were ordered when I had nothing in hand to be caught if things go bad and my second batch i got myself from amsterdam.
I can get something to work, but its really not easy for me as only 1 person beside virtual creatures and my house-mates that knows I'm growing.
He could probably help me but its a very messy project.

When I'll get bored with my genetics i'll get some new seeds, but I'm running a first run with them and I still think they will be worthy of growing.

After this run I'll know which strains to keep and which to let go depending on how well they will do. I have 5 strains when I only really need 1.

GreenLexLuthor

I have this exact same cabinet (it's just been sitting here empty for all these years...) and this thread just made me change my plans from building a different type of setup.

A few questions:

How did you cut the holes in the back of the cabinet where the filters are? Also, where does air come in? The small holes in the bottom?

Also, I'm considering doing a DWC setup with this. any thoughts?

Laylow0

@Crane

Go check out the micro section. There are several PLL grows in there.

@GreenLexLuthor

I used one of those drill hole-cutters. Unfortunately I was not able to get one big enough so I had to cut out the rest of the hole with an electric saw.

I am a big fan of DWC. You have to weigh the different setups and decide whats best for you. One large, several small.. how small? If you use 2 or 4 DWC buckets you can perhabs make a screen that can be opened for better access. I would probably do that if I were to re-design my closet.

laylow0

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
GREAT GROW!!

I so enjoy the variations of all the vertigrows so far. :)

Good job.. very inspirational!.

Hey I misssed it.. did you reach 1 GPW?

Laylow0

Just for the record the final weight was 330g. As I wrote in a previous post the trimming could have been more thorough.

Dug up this video from the grow. (click on picture)

madalasatori

Veteran
nice grow mate funny i was reading this thread the other day am growin powerplant also have an insane yielding pheno

Easygrowing

Veteran
Hej Laylow : )

Sikke nogle rødder der allerede er på
God video du har lavet der og følger med fra sidelinien af..

Hygge

Hey Laylow0! Been looking around this thread. Awesome round that was and a great result. Is it not just funny how the bulb was barelly visible throught those walls of green. It looked like you had 0% light loss there hahahaa!

Are you going to be around again showing off your 250W bulb-skills?

madalasatori

Veteran
Also, how did you find the smoke on the PP? I found that out of 20 femmed seeds only 3 were keepers. I had read a lot of people saying it gave an active, up high.. tbh I find it like a mellow satiiva in its effects, I smoke mine before I go to bed. The keeper phenos I found are a really lovely, kind smoke, beautiful smile on your face type stuff

Laylow0

@ easygrowing
Godt at få dansk besøg. Rødderne er desværre for længst visnede og skabet er pt i brug til legetøj. Vil gerne starte et nyt skab, men det er træls i en lille lejlighed.

@fluskumsnusk
Will probably not be growing again in the near future. I do have several things I want to improve etc. and am still itching to go again.... one day. Have followed your threads and really enjoy them. Keep going...

@madalasatori
I had 2 different phenos. 1 was really strong and made me sleepy and stoned. The other much milder but really good for music and chilling. There was a rumour saying that most of the weed sold in Amsterdam was PP at different stages of maturation. I was certainly very surprised of the huge difference in such a stable line. Anyway, its a producer for sure but not one I will be growing again.

take care

Latest posts

Latest posts