What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w HPS users....

Hey everyone .. i been away a while but thought I would share my excitement going from 130w cfl to a 250 hps ..

heres an example of the buds I am getting .. from a strain I made .. 5 parts superskunk to 1 part hash bomb ..

ic

I am growing feminised seeds I made .. in 2litre soda bottles ... I have held a 2L sunkist bottle next to the bud so you can see how big it is ..

CFL are ok .. but if you want yields .. you have to go 250w hps ... CFL always yields were low .. and I ended selling my old cfl setup for $50 and scored a 250 hps/mh setup for $40 .. and best of all it only had 12months use ...

I use flairform green dream grow and bloom nutes .. with molasses feed as well ... my strain resembles the low rider strain doesn't it ... short and stocky ... I am getting around 2 oz dry per plant ...

growing 4 plants at a time ... and they all look like that ... vege seedlings on 24hours light for 3 weeks under a cheap 50w cfl setup in a cupboard .. and then into the grow area under 250w hps on 12/12

if you want to use CFL then sure their good for beginners but if you want yields that are triple or more than cfl then go for HID lighting ..

One more thing .. if you grow seedlings under cfl and then put them under HID lighting that they use alot more water and nutes under HID

Last edited:

IntotheGreen

Hi all - this is my first grow back after a several year hiatus, so I thought I'd share a few pics to keep this awesome thread alive! This is two Sour Diesel and two Bubblegun (Bubblegum x AK47) today on day #3 of 12/12, grown from seed organically in soil under 250w HPS and 2x100w daylight CFLs. Feeding Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom every other watering and trained using a combination of LST and SCROG:

I've never grown either strain before, so I'm hoping they don't stretch too much, as I think I let them get a little too big before flipping lol. In any case, there's worse problems to have! :dance013:

Feels great to grow again - hope to see some more awesome 250 work from you guys! I'll definitely stop by with some updated pics once these ladies start budding up!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Too many people want more more more, so they're adding more watts.. I use a 250hps. Soon I'll be able to post some pics.

sackO

doob

Hey Doob what kind of yield can you expect from 250 watts..

Hey Ghostdawg, it depends on the square foot and canopy (and obviously the other million variables haha), but in a 2x2 space i get between 170 and 225 grams dry. I think I could hit 250 grams if everything was perfect in this space, and i grew from clone not seed, or done a good scrog.

MagicChef

Hey Ghostdawg, it depends on the square foot and canopy (and obviously the other million variables haha), but in a 2x2 space i get between 170 and 225 grams dry. I think I could hit 250 grams if everything was perfect in this space, and i grew from clone not seed, or done a good scrog.

Are you saying that you have pulled over 8 ounces from a 250w
in a 2' x 2' space in a single grow?

doob

Are you saying that you have pulled over 8 ounces from a 250w
in a 2' x 2' space in a single grow?

I am claiming it is possible, my record is 219 grams, I have a picture of that grow but only at 7 weeks. I grow 4 plants in this space. It was a multi strain as well, in coco hand fed with just some LST. I have seen over 8oz pulled in a few other diaries on another forum in soil, all done in a dr60

Last edited:
G

Ghostdawg

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the reply doob your grow looks excellent.cant wait to setup my 250watt grow...

doob

This 250w hps bulb claims to be 42,000 lumens. Can a 250w bulb put out 42,000 lumens, or is the above probably an error?

I think you may have a good find here, other sites with this LSE bulb are also saying 42k lumens, most are 32k so originally i thought typo, but seems not!

panckage

This 250w hps bulb claims to be 42,000 lumens. I am unable to find the manufacturer's page for this:
http://www.amazon.ca/250W-Super-hyd...=UTF8&qid=1451447614&sr=8-7&keywords=250w+hps

250w hps bulbs usually put out 29,000 lumens. Can a 250w bulb put out 42,000 lumens, or is the above probably an error?

I think you may have a good find here, other sites with this LSE bulb are also saying 42k lumens, most are 32k so originally i thought typo, but seems not!
I think its BS. That bulb would put out 160 lumens/watt which would make it even more efficient than the 600w bulbs. The company doesn't post the specs. I wonder why?