What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250W GL60 GROW

E

Encore

Stonedar - Thanks for the interest & kind words Dood!!
Beat me to the punch..

Huggie bear

Thanks for clearing that up guys I was ripping my hair out looking for those with the different configuration options. lol
The more I watch your grow the more I am tempted to order one of these tenants, just love they way you have it set up.
Sick of building boxes of my own and spending just as much in materials as I would have just ordering one of these.
MDF sheets are so damn expensive now!

E

Encore

Huggie bear - Thanks dude!!

This is my first time using a tent to grow in, but so far i think there great. Much easier than building my own cab, retrofitting a wardrobe cabinet or storage cab. Also who enjoys painting & hanging mylar? I know i dont..

This particular tent happens to fit nicely in a standard clothing closet. Moral of the story is the GL60 was perfect for my needs..

Peace Out & Happy Holidays!!

Emph

This looks amazing, Encore... I started out with a GL40, my local hydro shop didn't have the GL60 :(

Using that 250HPS, are you having any heating problems? Or does that air cooled hood really make it a non-issue? My reason for asking is that I ended up with 6 females out of 8 plants in my GL40... Haha, had to move them into my closet and now with 2 83watt CFLs and 2 65watt CFLs in my closet, I'm having heat issues... Going into flowering soon so I need to be able to shut the door and make it light tight, thinking of getting a 250w HPS or a 400w HPS (it's a 3'x2' grow space in the closet, think a 250w would be enough?) and then ventilating into the attic... Thoughts? :p

Thanks in advance for any advice. You've got 2'x2' so I figured you'd be a pretty good person to ask how your temps are going.

E

Encore

Emph - Thank you for the kind words & interest!!

The aircooled hood makes a huge difference in temp management, I wouldn't want to try growing in a gl60 with 250w hps with out it.

Temps been staying at 76-78deg's. Ambient is 72deg's with the inline set to 50% using a speed controller..

Sorry to hear about your temp troubles.. Also like you said i have 2x2=4sqft using a 250w hps thats 62.5watts a sqft..

Same 250 in your 3x2=6sqft space is 41.6watts a sqft.. A 400w in same 3x2=6sqft space is 66.6watts a sqft.. Now with all that being said and the fact you will be venting into your attic, if i were you and had the means, i would use a 400w system, 6in inline, and carbon filter of your choice..

Peace & Prosper in 2011!!

Emph

Emph - Thank you for the kind words & interest!!

The aircooled hood makes a huge difference in temp management, I wouldn't want to try growing in a gl60 with 250w hps with out it.

Temps been staying at 76-78deg's. Ambient is 72deg's with the inline set to 50% using a speed controller..

Sorry to hear about your temp troubles.. Also like you said i have 2x2=4sqft using a 250w hps thats 62.5watts a sqft..

Same 250 in your 3x2=6sqft space is 41.6watts a sqft.. A 400w in same 3x2=6sqft space is 66.6watts a sqft.. Now with all that being said and the fact you will be venting into your attic, if i were you and had the means, i would use a 400w system, 6in inline, and carbon filter of your choice..

Peace & Prosper in 2011!!

Thats exactly what I decided to do... Just purchased a 6" inline fan, gonna connect it to a 400W aircooled vent, vent directly into the attic and I'm also rerouting the AC vent into the room, so there will be cool air whenever the AC comes on as an added bonus.

Hows everything going? Any update on your girls? :D

:watchplant:Emph

E

Encore

Update!!

Hello again, thank you to all visitors and posters for checking out my humble grow..

Things seem to be shaping up nicely so far, let the plants get a little to close to the glass for a couple days (2"), doesn't seem to have caused much damage.
I've since raised the lamp to 4-5" from the canopy, they seem to be enjoying it..

Also seems resin production has begun, so... yay!! for me..

Emph - I think you made the right choice in lamp size for your setup, wishing you all the best. Also feel free to drop in and lemme know how it's going.. (",)

Moving on.. Here they are.
Day 19 of flower..

Peace & Prosper in 20011!!

Last edited:

GoozMan

So exciting to see flowers! Yeah, my tops reached the glass on my air-cooled hood several times, most of the time was fine but a few spots got bleached a little from touching the glass right under the hottest part for multiple days on end. Looking real nice!