What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250W, 3 BigBud Cuttings, Scrog, Fristtimer

week four and it all looks good, thinking they are just halfway there is crazy. they still have a month to go :woohoo:

one issue though is that there is a constant loss of leaves, not too drastic but they turn yellow and die off here and there.

the plants are just watered every few days because of lots of business travels,
they are often a bit wilted when watered again.

can this be the reason?

canopy:
picture.php

closeups:
picture.php

picture.php

Floridian

Veteran
Losing a few leaves in mid to late flower is really pretty normal in a lot of strains,when they are from the middle up that's a cause for concern,not from the middle down so much.And yes if get a little to de-hydrated then watered,you can definately lose a few leaves that way.Try not to let it happen but if it does on occasion I wouldn't worry much.All in all a very healthy looking grow,it appears you did a good job caring for them.I'm curious as to the potency of the big bud,I've read contrasting reports on the issue.I know it's supposed to be a commercial strain bred to make money but if it's not worth a shit its not worth a shit.Let us know about it for curiosity sake

ok that's good to hear!

so here are the updates, they are SWELLING UP!

always try to take a pic of the one single bud and the site with three of them for comparison.

allright, canopy:

picture.php

single:

picture.php

triple:

picture.php

Are those last pics of Bigbud?Quite a bit frostier than the pheno's of big bud I've seen before.

all the pics in this thread are of the three bigbud plants!

they are in week six now and on the tirtheenth of next month will be in week 8 with an indicted flower time of 50-65day per sensiseeds page.

seeing how much they grew their first week(s) of flower it appears they will easily go the 8 full weeks
but support from the community as to how to proceed is much appreciated.

thursday the week 6 photo update will come!

ok we are in week 6 !!!

first the pics, then to the problems and questions.

single:

picture.php

triple:

picture.php

canopy:

picture.php

so you can really see they are SWELLING up and gaining size!

now for the problems, get more and more yellow leaves such as the ones below and if you look at the canopy shot, you can already start to spot them higher up the plants !!! :(

problems:

picture.php

picture.php

so they are in week 6 of flower, the sensi page so 42 days, the sensi page says 50-65 days,
what do you guys say?

are the yellow leaves a problem, i feel they are getting more and they just start to pack on size, how do you feel?

next week they would be at the 50 day mark - appreciate input here, just fed them full strength again as probably have 2-3 weeks left in them?

Floridian

Veteran
No stinky from what I can see the yellowing leaves are normal and no cause for concern one bit,they look really good man.Remove the ones that are totally yellow if they're not photosynthesizing they are of no value to the plants and they obviously bug you lol.Its mainly due to not getting enough light and nitrogen at this point,it's to be expected.You may even get a few yellowing towards the middle at this point,as long as it's not happening a lot I wouldn't concern myself at all over it

Floridian

Veteran
You're welcome stinky,I've had dozens of people since I started growing take time with me.I'm sure it was a pleasure for them like it is for me.

so this will be interesting, as it seems most strains take 8 weeks, but as stated above sensi claims it could be from day 50 onwards.

a lupe is ready to be used, so even if it takes 8 weeks that means just two weeks left - crazy how time flew!

week seven tomorrow and should get jeweller's loupe any day.
so lower end of flower cycle would be reached damn not long now, curious as to how trichomes will look like.

Shikamaru777

How did it turn out?

How did it turn out?

Hey Stinky Dinky,

Whats the progress, very interested to see what the turn out was?

Peace. :woohoo:

so week 7 was completed and in week 8 now, they are still fattening up by the day :woohoo: and the jeweller's loupe shows all translucent trichomes.

so they keep pumping up, wicked !!!

the canopy:
picture.php

the single:
picture.php

the tripple:
picture.php

a lot of yellowing by now though, but as they seem to approach the end of their lifespan that's probably just fine?

they are still getting fertilizer btw as all trichomes translucent!

well flush will start monday/tomorrow as by then they are approaching week 8!

just stumbled across this statement which makes sense in my eyes, what is the general consensus on this?

If you wanna speed up flush , defoliate most of the big fans

is this actually a valid statement? makes sense as in nothing to consume from the leaves but what do you guys say?

F

FreeUrMind

Stinkydinky great looking buds.Really like your setup

I was going to run big bud next grow to see if it helps with my insomnia

thanks guys, it all seemed very logical so far so the results are pleasingly expected so far!

this will be the first day of the flush for them as on the 13th they will be at the 8 week point.

will use 2ml/ltr of CANNA FLUSH mixed with straight water, no more nutes for them!

canna_flush_range.jpg

week 8 is officially completed, they are 60 days in flower now and the loupe shows translucent trichomes everywhere.

wonder how long they still have to go? any educated guesses?
sensiseeds claimed 50-65 days soooo :dance013:

canopy:
picture.php

single:
picture.php

triple:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts