What's new

250 watt Refrigerator Grow Diary

etncrew

Yo Fish, just stopping by to check out your grow and things are looking mighty tasty. I'm thinking I should research growing in alternative mediums to soil :joke: How far along into flowering are you now? My girls are officially a week into as of tomorrow. only 7-9 weeks more to go :)

Peace
Etncrew

F

FishHead

whats up?

whats up?

twistedtree- thanks for dropping in.

etncrew- So far silica stone is doing great. Dirt never was my thing, might try it again sometime.

Small update:

Snowing here and seeing cold ambient temps. Seems as though my plants had stalled out. Temps at canopy height were mid 80's. When I checked the temp at the base of the containers (near the intake) I was astonished to see 46F as my reading. I've bumped the heater up and am now getting temps within an acceptable range. My plants have sprung back to life and the buds are starting to fill out. New pics in a few days. Thanks all for stopping in.

Fish :bashhead:

TheBEAK

FishHead said:
Snowing here and seeing cold ambient temps. Seems as though my plants had stalled out. Temps at canopy height were mid 80's. When I checked the temp at the base of the containers (near the intake) I was astonished to see 46F as my reading. I've bumped the heater up and am now getting temps within an acceptable range. My plants have sprung back to life and the buds are starting to fill out. New pics in a few days. Thanks all for stopping in.

Fish :bashhead:

Well the cold temp can def cause the yellowing you're experiencing, so good job on getting more heat:)
Check out post #7 in the guide to sick plants, there's an example of that kind of yellowing.

Here:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Peace...

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Fishead said:
It is important for people like us to show that you can be a good father, husband and lover of cannabis. It is a shame that so many people out there dont have the facts straight.
^ Now that's about as well put as it can ever be said :yes: I'd give you rep for that if the system let me.

Folded leaves...leaves caught in doors...being my first cab grow I'm learning there seems to be no getting around it :confused:
Great looking canopy! :D

Now cold growing...there is something I know a tad about :biglaugh: I find my plants grow very slowly in cold temps(10C lights out) and you can experience either nute lock out or slow nute intake. Meaning I find a little bit of gentle nutes goes a long way in a cold grow, but if you wait too long to feed it's hard to stop yellowing once started.
I found a good aid in the defence of this was to continue Veg nutes for the first couple flowering feedings as per advice of Core :yes:
I've also found nursery heating pads to work wonders.

Freezer looks great...Keep it comin :lurk:

TriCrystalz

This thread is an excellent example of one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" threads. Great idea, how much weight do you think you'll pull if everything goes smooth? Hope everything thing goes well from here, best of luck.

-Tri

F

FishHead

twistedtree- Sorry I did not answer your question. I am a little confused on what week of flowering I am in. Do most people go from the flip or do you go from when they start showing flowers? I am approximately 37 days from the flip.

One more question. How do I alter my link in my signature to read the title of the thread? I see alot of peeps have it set up that way. I dont want the URL junking it up. Thanks.

Fish

Last edited:

TheBEAK

FishHead said:
One more question. How do I alter my link in my signature to read the title of the thread? I see alot of peeps have it set up that way. I dont want the URL junking it up. Thanks.

Fish

Put this in your sig with [ ] around it

thread=86253]250 watt Refrigerator Grow Diary[/thread

sprout420

Hi Fish...nice grow. I've thought about using a fridge but never had one to work with. I'm using a tent made of panda film and 2x4s at the moment.

I too am a family man who works, pays taxes, bills, cuts the grass, etc.... Just grow enough for me and my wife so we don't have to deal with getting ripped off by shady characters. Alas, my days of growing are probably numbered. Not sure how to deal with it once my daughter gets a little older. I wish we lived in a society that could accept the fact that smoking a little now and then is not a bad thing. It's scary to think of being viewed as an unfit parent by the law and having to face the consequences.

Anyway, good luck with the fridge.

F

FishHead

Thanks

Thanks

TheBEAK- I am very happy to have you here and part of this thread. You have been a big help since I started this thing. Thanks, once again.

sprout420- Yea man, we are exactly on the same page. If I was a drunk that beat my kids and wife I could see why society or our government would frown upon me. The truth is we are not society misfits. We love our wife and our children and we contribute to our country in a positive way. Maybe in time, if people like us continue to stand together, things will change. In my opinion our government has failed us. In the current condition of the economy it may come to be more in our favor than ever before that we possess the knowledge of growing cannabis.

Thanks again for all who continue to stop in. I will post some pics tonight.

Fish

F

FishHead

As promised....

As promised....

As you can see the yellowing has faded away and it seems I will have a decent yield. I am still not thrilled about the front left plant. Hopefully she will mature into something special as she appears to be a longer flowering variety. I ordered General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus and Liquid Kool Bloom today. Can't wait to try them out and see how they respond. Should be here by the first of next week. Anyway here they are, enjoy.

44141grow_056.jpg

44141grow_057.jpg

Fish

TheBEAK

Looking really good FishHead :wave:

I think you're right about the yield, it's looking promising.
Nice job on getting rid of the yellowing.

Keep safe

F

FishHead

I am now at 40 days from the flip to 12/12. I am not sure how most people keep track of what week of flowering they are in. Some go from the flip others go from when flowers actually start showing.

Fish

F

FishHead

Interesting development....

Interesting development....

Strange stuff going on here.....

I went to feed the plants tonight and was doing an intense leaf tucking session. I worked clockwise from the back left plant around to the White Satin main cola. I went to tuck one of her big fan leaves when I noticed a little bud growing right in the center of it. There are several hairs shooting out at the junction of all the leaflets. I have seen this before in pictures but never on any of my plants. This is very interesting and will be fun to watch. The White Satin it's on is getting very frosty and seems like it will be a keeper. I'm going to try and re-veg her for clones when finished. I would have posted a pic but it's in a difficult spot. I will wait till further in development and try to get a good pic. If anyone has seen this before or has info on such things, please feel free to chime in.

Fish :yoinks:

F

FishHead

Pics...

Pics...

OK, I just could not wait. I am very intrigued by this. Check out the pics!

44141grow_060.jpg

44141grow_061.jpg

Also snapped another shot of the grow, enjoy.
44141grow_062.jpg

Fish :wave:

sprout420

FishHead said:
Strange stuff going on here.....

I went to tuck one of her big fan leaves when I noticed a little bud growing right in the center of it. There are several hairs shooting out at the junction of all the leaflets.

Fish :yoinks:
There's a picture like that in the copy of Cervantes Grow Bible I have. There isn't much info about it. Guess you got a little freak show going!

F

FishHead

New additives.....

New additives.....

Here are the recent additions to my nutrient lineup. I started using Kool Bloom and Floralicious Plus on 4/12. I rarely use the epsom salt, as I have no signs of deficiency.

44141grow-med.jpg

Fish :canabis:

Spaceman_Spliff

Great looking grow! The yellowing you had is normal for that stage of flower, your fan leaves may turn yellow later in flower as the plant consumes the carbohydrates stored there.

I like the freak, I don't know much about it but I just got a local strain and it's putting out calyxs on the leaf stems. The friend I got it from says he's seen it with calyxs where yours are.

I would also like to add that I too am a functioning pot head, but more than that I am a husband, a father of 3, I work full time in a highly trusted position and I am a cub scout leader. I have a don't ask don't tell agreement with my community; I wear tie dye every day and have dreadlocks to my waist but I put Clear Eyes in :rasta: and no one asks any questions. But seriously everyone knows I'm not a liar, theif, alcoholic or drug dealer, I'm just trying to have a happy prosperous life.

:rasta: Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

Latest posts

Latest posts